Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-23-2021, 08:00 PM   #171
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: I just transformed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
Took me awhile, but I finally got around to transforming Siege Ironhide. I just figured he was like Ratchet, so I left him in the box for a few months. There is one difference, at least I have an issue with Ironhide's head. It does not tuck in as nice as Ratchet's. I find I have to turn it sideways in order to close his chest/windshield up.

I don't like the clear windshield, so am trying to decide between Grey and Black windshield - I have some leftover toyhax labels from the Ratchet set that I figured I would play with.

Huh, I don't think I have to turn my ironhide's head.

I did notice one difference I had was the the "turntable" piece on my Ironhide that rotates the whole chest/head/arms assembly around for vehicle mode was quite stiff, to the point that turning it so that it would release and rotate required a scary amount of force. Ratchet doesn't hold up nearly as much.

And because I didn't go in for paid labels I fixed the clear chests in my Ratchet/Ironhide with a blue post-it note and bit of whiteout tape to replicate the opaque blue glass look from the G1 cartoon with the line of light/sheen on it. It's low tech and not as clean as professionally done stickers but it gets the job done. lol.

I'd post a picture but I don't have Ironhide on my shelf right now. Maybe I'll pull it out later and snap a pic.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:19 AM   #172
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

MMC Optus Pexus. Dang, this thing is so good. The truck mode is meh, but accurate to the source material. The articulation is so amazing. You can use this for drawing reference. The only thing I had trouble with is the legs shoving collapsing going back to truck mode. This figure is a game changer in terms of engineering.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:08 PM   #173
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Siege Sideswipe, G2 Sideswipe, Tigertrack, Deep Cover, Netflix Deep Cover, Red Alert and Gigawatt all from bot to car mode.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #174
VicRav
Machine War

Kingdom Red Alert. Got him today, so had to get him out of the box and transform him. Simple familiar transformation, no issues with the feet/legs - both my Deep Covers (Black and Blue) had issues one was easy to fix and the other just has an extremely tight foot joint. That bright white makes paint scratches very noticeable. Also the clear plastic painted white is noticeably different than the white plastic, but still not as wildly different as ER Sunstreaker.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:59 PM   #175
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

G1 Bumblebee after freeing him from his plastic prison.

The toon head is fun. I wanted to find my cousin's vintage one to get pictures of them together, but she doesn't know where her Bee ended up.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #176
The Nemesis
Alternator

Transformed a whole bunch of stuff as I swapped around my shelf display.

Kingdom BW Megs & Optimus Primal. Siege Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Shockwave, Refraktor (x3), Hound, Sideswipe, Prowl, Mirage, Ratchet, Ironhide, & Red Alert. Earthrise Cliffjumper, & Wheeljack. 35th anniv Siege-mold Bluestreak.

Now I have my shelf done up with 4 major components: a small bit of Kingdom Beast Wars, WFC representation of most of the G1 season 1 cast (no Constructicons or Bumblebee. the PWT Insecticons are on a different shelf), Assorted WFC/Studio Series 86 movie characters, and the retro reissue Headmasters while I wait for Scorponok to ship from TFToys.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:04 AM   #177
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Kingdom Red Alert.

My first experience with the mould, Vangelus' vaunted/praised workhorse deluxe is surprisingly on point. The back panels are a bit wide and muck with his bot mode silhouette too much for my tastes but he's solid (hoping the transparent canopy piece lasts) and transforms quickly and efficiently. I like it.

Is his torso supposed to tab in at the waist to secure for robot mode? Mine keeps popping back out even if I try to nudge it into place.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:11 AM   #178
Socko76
Old Skool
Socko76's Ebay Auctions

Power of the Prime Rodimus Prime from robot to Hot Rod robot to Hot Rod vehicle, to Rodimus Prime vehicle for some reason. I just grab random TFs and transform them while on client calls.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:19 AM   #179
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Autobot Ark.

Usually I look up reviews on figures and see how the transformation goes and to lookout for anything of importance in the process. But recently I have not been doing this, so when I got the Ark earlier today, I was opening it with fresh eyes and did not know what to expect. I didn't know where Telletron-1 was, so to find him resting inside the Arks chest was cool. I thought for a minute he was not packed in.

In Ark mode, it seems to have issues with locking in properly, so I may just have to look up a review about this to make sure I'm doing it right.

Way back when Siege was first announced and the art work for Siege showed the Ark blasting off into the sky I had a feeling that they were going to release it as a toy some how. It took a couple years but it's finally here. It's a great figure. Now I want to explore and see if there can be a fan made base mode out of him.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:37 AM   #180
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Kingdom Warpath the other night

Tried to figure it out no instructions, and man those legs/feet are a bit too complicated for me (amazing how they pull it off though)
I previously speculated they were same legs/feet as Siege Flywheels, but maybe only the pelvis/thighs if at all - the shins & feet are some next level stuff

Also don't have an issue with the partsforming "shield", considering it could be give or taken ultimately from the alt mode (not as egregious as ER CJ mold) - all it really does is snug it all together, and I can appreciate that
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote