Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #21
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: Collection Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
MP-36 original release. Period

So the reissue is better then?

Also, I don't know if it hasn't been mentioned yet because it's "a given" but MP-47.

Don't touch it.

Don't look at it.
Don't let it see you. lol

I transformed mine once just to get him to bot mode, and it was probably the scariest one I've done. It was just because of all the problems people had.
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:48 PM   #22
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
So the reissue is better then?

Also, I don't know if it hasn't been mentioned yet because it's "a given" but MP-47.

Don't touch it.

Don't look at it.
Don't let it see you. lol

I transformed mine once just to get him to bot mode, and it was probably the scariest one I've done. It was just because of all the problems people had.
I'm not sure about the reissue tbh. I bought the KO MP-36G and won't transform that either. I did pick up the TH clear version and MP-36+ and transformed both with no fear of breakage or scratching

Last edited by wervenom; 04-23-2021 at 06:49 AM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #23
Marcotron
Robot Master

Transformers Star Wars crossover Luke Skywalker X-wing.
I got it at TFcon, transformed it to robot mode, but when I went to widen the hips, they both snapped off instantly. I haven't gotten around to fixing it with a metal rod or something. So, maybe one day it'll transform again, but it was a sad day.

And MP-05 Megatron. I actually pinched and cut my finger a little getting the legs to compress with that little tab to hold it in place. Scary. Also, it took me 45 minutes to transform it that first time. I have actually transformed it once since then.
I got Despotron recently, and that bot is so cool, easily transformable, and is just an amazing figure all around. He stands in front of MP-05

My other rarely transformed bot is my original Optimal Optimus. I'm so scared of scratching the shiny transmetal parts.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:10 PM   #24
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

It's MP-5 not 05. Takara doesn't use 0 after the hyphen

MP-05 is Hasbro Sunstorm

Last edited by wervenom; 04-22-2021 at 02:12 PM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:48 PM   #25
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers in your Collection that you don't Transform

You know, I debated this with myself last year. On the one hand, I have figures in my collection (like the MPs) that I think "oh, no, I can't risk it! They'll lose their value!" Then I think about it some more and realize that I have NO intention of selling them. When i die, it's my family's problem. So why not enjoy them? Their value, simply put, is in my enjoyment. That's also why when I sell figures I sell them cheaply because I had my fun value out of it and want to clear space and get some money to go towards new stuff.

In terms of ENJOYABLE to transform... original MP Megatron is a pain in the ass. MP-36 is also difficult. I resisted MP-36 because he cost so much money and I didn't want to chip the paint, but see the above paragraph for 'fuck it'.

That said, I decided to go KO for some of the more expensive figures if I could. That way I could play with them guilt free on potentially damaging them but still enjoy what Transformers were to me in the first place. I'd rather give Hasbro my money, but they lost the plot on pricing.

I also avoid transforming ROTF Mixmaster and ROTF leader Prime because they aren't much fun. I'll be selling that Prime shortly, actually, for a whole $30 or so.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #26
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Now that I know some of the pieces are really delicate, my figure is going to be knockoff Combiner Wars Devastator.

The pieces on Hook when combining are incredibly fragile.

Thank goodness a set isn't very expensive, I've ordered another one and let my 5 year old play with the existing set.

If it was the $300USD+ Takara Unite Warriors Devastator version, than that would be a definite almost never touch figure.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #27
optimusb39
Animated

Anything badcube... and xtransbot.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:21 PM   #28
wrx78
Generation 1

Pretty much all of them. I transform out of the package (if needed) what I want to display as, 90% of the time being bot mode. I'm very much in my display piece phase of my old fart collecting 'career'. To be honest, while I love the modern engineering, there's a heavy emphasis on cost cutting with the reduction of plastic. TF once and there's already stress marks on the hinges. Over use of clear plastic that's painted versus just clear plastic panels for windows. And of course clear plastic means other pieces in the mold not needing to be clear are also affected sometimes. Not really complaining, it's just the current state of the toy industry.

Oh and of course plasticizer soft plastic parts included with the toys, such as Weirdwolf. I love the blast effects too, but way too chicken to display any of them.
wrx78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:05 PM   #29
Sunburst
Generation 1

I really love transforming my figures, so I would say there aren't that I don't transform. However, for figures that are more fragile (clear plastic, badly engineered parts or GPS) or harder to acquire (old figures or simply expensive) I will be extra careful. I just acquired a Magnaboss and that Silverbolt is nerve-wracking to transform (on a side note, any tips on removing broken pegs? )
Sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:39 AM   #30
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

No Fanstoys mentions yet? That's surprising. So basically anything Fanstoys (for the price I paid, I'm just too scared of a scratch, paint chip, or damage lol).
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote