Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Oberon Prime
Beasty
Dx9 Powermaster Upgrade Kit

Must say I am very keen to see more of this kit or some prerelease reviews.

They say Powermaster but given the wings and the chest piece it seems like its meant to represent God Ginrai. Can't imagine the intent is to portray the NA released Powermaster Optimus Prime as he doesn't have wings or that chest piece and while yes the commemorative release came with the so called Apex Bomber this isn't really part of the characters canon, I cannot imagine many fans of Powermaster OP would want a version that skips over a representation of his proper Super OP mode in favour of the Apex Armor.

That being said though an excellent announcement for Masterforce or God Ginrai fans. I'd of liked a trailer to turn him into a proper PM OP a little more but I love Masterforce so this is almost as good an upgrade to me.

What is everybody else's thoughts?
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions
Re: Dx9 Powermaster Upgrade Kit

Whatever it is, it looks awesome.

And I hate baysformers.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

All 3 new "Powermaster" upgrades (this one, FP and the other one for Orion Pax) are pretty uninspired imo, and that's coming from the guy who collects anything Optimus. A trend that started with that Trailerfarce thing last year.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Crobot91
Metroplex

I like it but I can't justify the price unfortunately.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

It's weird and random. I don't like it.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #6
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
All 3 new "Powermaster" upgrades (this one, FP and the other one for Orion Pax) are pretty uninspired imo, and that's coming from the guy who collects anything Optimus. A trend that started with that Trailerfarce thing last year.
I have not noticed these other two upgrades I'd appreciate anybody who could link to information on them.

As for the general add on market for official Optimus Prime toys I'm generally lukewarm towards them. But Powermaster Optimus Prime was my favourite G1 toy growing up and remains my favourite G1 mold. I enjoy handling it despite what it lacks in engineering, complexity and articulation far more than any other G1 figure. I purchased the commemorative release from several year back and didn't care about the Apex Bomber then I discovered Masterforce and suddenly my favourite G1 figure became 2 figures in one.

I won't say that Hasbro wouldn't do a new version of Powermaster Optimus Prime what with all the other surprises they've had in store for us. But I am of the thought its very unlikely we will see an update of that version of the Autobot Commander or of Ginrai
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Pascal
Banned

The guy working on MP Star Star Saber has a design for a MP God Ginrai. I'm sure we'll see one sooner or later.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #8
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
The guy working on MP Star Star Saber has a design for a MP God Ginrai. I'm sure we'll see one sooner or later.
Oh how I wish. That would be awesome.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread