Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Joalro
Robot in Disguise
Crossovers worth it?

So i've been eyeing those Marvel and Star wars crossovers. Essentially I would be picking them up as extra transformers. I love both Marvel and Star wars, but the marvel figures seem too blocky and inaccurate to their design, and the transformers seem to be Captain Rex in various forms. I don't know who the hell captain Rex is. I haven't seen the clone wars, so maybe from that. I've only seen 1-3 once each so maybe from that. He sure as hell isn't from 4-6.

Anywho, how are they as transformers? I watched a review for Darth Vader and he seemed like a turnover. As in, turn him over and flip out his arms and he's done! Are there any with some interesting transformations, or some nice poseability that lives up to the ROTF or Classics line?
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Crossovers worth it?

Captain Rex is from the current Clones Wars cartoon. I don't own any of the crossover toys so I can't comment on them.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Are you a hardcore marvel or SW fan?

if not, then there is no point imo.

I have bought several marvel and sw cross over in the past. they are cool toys and all, but none of them fit into my collection and i get tired of them really quick.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
justprime
Animated

I think that they are ok, kinda like a gobot,.. I picked up a star wars piece (Xwing) awhile back that I liked,.... just wish they wouldn't brand them as part of the Transformers. being that other than a few charaters appered in the comic (and were not a transformer,Spiderman for one) they just don't seem to fit in with the collection,... never the less the toys are some what nice if in a blockey way and do allow for a customizing piece to be worked out.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

They're kind of okay, but they do seem to have rather limited articulation that really holds most of them back. There are a few decent and fun ones, but even with them you're left wondering "man, why didn't they just ball joint that arm, he would have been so much more cool!"

They're not worth full price. Maybe worth sale price... I tend to get mine at "used price". I think Pascalis selling some in his thread on here if you're interested.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
damian_1349
Machine War

personally i love the marvel crossover, i have most of them, as for star was...they are kinda neat, but a little dissapointing......really want to have a yoda transformer tho lol
damian_1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Snoudzy
Generation 1

I have the SW ones as a line in my collection because I am a SW fan. Got into them late so I am still hunting for some.
Snoudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
Pascal
Banned

They don't exhibit the typical engineering quality of "real" Transformers (odd-feeling plastics, lack of paint apps, weird joints, etc.) but they can be fun for what they are. I must say I prefer the first waves of SWTF when they used to include a mini-pilot.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

Played around with a couple of SW and they look kinda nice as vehicles, but their robot modes are simply butt ugly. Looks like someone took an oversized Luke or Darth figure and just started gluing kibble all over the place. Have seen one or two that look okay as robots, such as Greivous, who are supposted to be robots anyway. Agree with previous sentiment: unless you are a BIG fan, save your money.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I have most of the SWTF and I think that they are alright. The vehical modes are great, but sometimes their robot/mech modes are just meh.

If you can find one I suggest the Han / Chewie Falcon, or the Tie Bomber.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote