Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #21
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Submit your Questions now for Cyberton.CA's Hasbro Transformers Q&A for December!

Why is there such a difference in paint schemes between Hasbro/Takara for the same toy? How is the decision on which way to go made?

When will HasbroToyShop.com ship to Canada? Ask this enough times and they will get fed up with us and eventually just do it.

(I'll try and come up a few more, and edit the post if time permits)

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
Pascal
Banned
Re: Submit your Questions now for Cyberton.CA's Hasbro Transformers Q&A for December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobot View Post
1) Will there be a Universe Ratchet released in the G1 cartoon colour scheme? The Henkei one appears to be a closer match to the comic version.
The leaked picture was of Universe Ratchet. It got labeled wrong because it was used to illustrate the preorder for the Henkei version. They do that all the time (using Hasbro pictures for Henkei preorders).
Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere, but I was curious why The Zellers/Target Roadbuster/Ratbat/Springer/Dirge proudly said 'Comic inside' but in Canada did not include a comic. How come they didn't cover up the message on the box? How many people were disappointed by this? Is there anything customers like us can do?

And to back up Jourdo--when, when, when, when, when will HTS start shipping/servicing Canada. The Universe exclusives is a great example of something many of us would buy.

--Echo
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #24
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Could we see something on how Transformers are made, Like on 'How Its Made' or something like that. I know myself and other fans would like to see how our plastic crack is made

CJ
Old 11-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
Darkspeed
Generation 1
Darkspeed's Ebay Auctions

In regard to the Universe/Classics 2.0 line, how much influence does fan reaction have in the decision of what characters you decide to release?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #26
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere, but I was curious why The Zellers/Target Roadbuster/Ratbat/Springer/Dirge proudly said 'Comic inside' but in Canada did not include a comic. How come they didn't cover up the message on the box? How many people were disappointed by this? Is there anything customers like us can do?

And to back up Jourdo--when, when, when, when, when will HTS start shipping/servicing Canada. The Universe exclusives is a great example of something many of us would buy.

--Echo
I wanted to ask the same about the Comics! Why aren't there any comics? It isn't fair. Is it possible for Hasbro to let us who got the 2 packs to get our comic back?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #27
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Never got answered the fisrt time so I will ask again:

Why are the Packages for your toys so big?

After opening the new animated voyager Bulkhead I was surprised to see the total volume of the package compared to the relatively small size of the toy inside. I'm sure that it would be safe to say that you could fit 3-4 Bulkheads comfortably in a package built for one.

Then I thought that that package size could be large in order to accommodate other larger figures in the same size class, but of the 4 I have, only one comes close to filling the box.

I know the obvious answer to this question: Packages are used to sell toys, nicer packages = more sales OR packaging protects the toy from being broken in shipping.

While that these are very valid points for continuing this practice, I think there are equally valid reasons to re-image the packaging.

1. Smaller packaging can reduce the waste that is produced after the toys are opened. Anyone who has been to a birthday party knows that it isn't hard to fill a few garbage bags full of cardboard waste.

2. Smaller packages require less money to produce. Hasbro’s cost should go down if there is 25% fewer materials used to package the figures. Plus shipping costs could be reduced as there would be more units in a box.

3. Smaller packages take less space on the shelf making more room to stock more toys. Places like Wal-Mart have defined space for every toy that they order. If there is only room for 2 Leader class figures, they will only stock 2 leader class figures. Using this logic, if 4 leader class figures could fit, they may order more...

All things being said, Hasbro is certainly not the only company to ‘over package’ things; all it takes in a quick trip to Costco to see some of the worst cases of it, but with the growing concern of environmental impact that people and companies have on the earth, why not try to change?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #28
Spacemonkey
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Never got answered the fisrt time so I will ask again:

Why are the Packages for your toys so big?

After opening the new animated voyager Bulkhead I was surprised to see the total volume of the package compared to the relatively small size of the toy inside. I'm sure that it would be safe to say that you could fit 3-4 Bulkheads comfortably in a package built for one.

Then I thought that that package size could be large in order to accommodate other larger figures in the same size class, but of the 4 I have, only one comes close to filling the box.

I know the obvious answer to this question: Packages are used to sell toys, nicer packages = more sales OR packaging protects the toy from being broken in shipping.

While that these are very valid points for continuing this practice, I think there are equally valid reasons to re-image the packaging.

1. Smaller packaging can reduce the waste that is produced after the toys are opened. Anyone who has been to a birthday party knows that it isn't hard to fill a few garbage bags full of cardboard waste.

2. Smaller packages require less money to produce. Hasbro’s cost should go down if there is 25% fewer materials used to package the figures. Plus shipping costs could be reduced as there would be more units in a box.

3. Smaller packages take less space on the shelf making more room to stock more toys. Places like Wal-Mart have defined space for every toy that they order. If there is only room for 2 Leader class figures, they will only stock 2 leader class figures. Using this logic, if 4 leader class figures could fit, they may order more...

All things being said, Hasbro is certainly not the only company to ‘over package’ things; all it takes in a quick trip to Costco to see some of the worst cases of it, but with the growing concern of environmental impact that people and companies have on the earth, why not try to change?
I had in head the same question and i would like to add a point about the high amount of twist ties used for many packaging. In many case, it's very exagerate. For example, i had to remove seven twist ties from Animated deluxe Blackarachnia's packaging. It's a bit to much on a toy of that size which is already in a molded insert surrounded by a shell and well attached on a cardboard. I think most of deluxe class (and smaller) don't need twist ties.
I can understand the use for the bigger figure which haven't a complete plastic insert.

So my question is (in two parts):
-If you keep the "carded with plastc insert+shell" packaging for the smaller TFs, why use twist ties?
-If the use of twist ties continue, could it be a way to reduce the use of plastic for the inserts by doing a "voyager/ultra/leader" inspired insert inside the shell or by using a "1:32,1:24,1:18... die cast cars" inspired or Alternator like packaging which are most adapted to the size of the toy?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #29
Batman
The Dark Knight

#1. Are there any plans to update any of the G1 city bots in the Universe line? For example a Supreme class Metroplex or Trypticon.

#2. Is there any chance of the build a figure concept coming back to Transformers like the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary line had?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #30
MeisterJ4zz
Machine War

Are there any plans for Universe Classics Voyager-sized seekers of Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker and Thrust/Dirge/Ramjet?

[ collecting TFs since Jul.2008 ]
Closed Thread