Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #21
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Is scale really important in your collection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post

Unicorn goes with my wst collection
^ From Beast Machines toyline? haha
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #22
Brawn84
Machine War

I really think scale is important. When I started collecting I tried to do only official hasbro and Takara CHUG. But I really got tired of having Seekers shorter than deluxe cars. So then I started throwing in 3rd figured that were in the larger Voyager scale I wanted and am pretty happy. Thought I do still juggle the G1 toy and show scale a bit. For example the mini bots. I really like deluxe gen warpath & classics Bumblebee and Voyager Seaspray and don't know if I'll switch them out for all legends scale, but TR Brawn looks to small in comparison. I also kinda think CW Devastator works great with the large voyagers both in Combine mode and in individual mode to help fill out the Decepticon army. I'm glad that hasbro is finally making more Voyagers like the 3 Decepticon triple changers!
I keep the rest of my CW Combiners and YOTS Omega Supreme separate from the individual bots cause I don't think they're at quit the right scale, PE upgrades help but not enough. As long as the Combiners scale with each other, I'm good. Need a TFC Hercules though!
There are still holes in my collection that I'm not happy with and not happy with what's available when it comes to scale. I was disappointed when I heard hasbro was making deluxe Dinobots! Haven't decided on a 3rd party set that looks good with the rest of the collection.
Brawn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #23
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Pretty much no, unless it's really blatantly off.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #24
79transam
Machine War

I used to consider my collection to be adherent to the Transformers G1 universe. Then one day I thought... "Wait a minute, this is MY universe" and that was when I started making comprimises on scale (not grossly out of whack mind you) as well as different lines. Generations fit in very well with MP G1 stuff for my taste. What I don't like to do for my main display is use duplicate characters. In my universe there's only room for one of everyone.

Unless of course i was to build a time/interdimensional portal. Hmmmm
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:21 PM   #25
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Yes, I would not want Bumblebee and Optimus to be the same size for instance, that wouldnt look good together to me.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #26
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Yes and no. I don't need everything to be in scale together, but big guys should be big and small guys should be small.

So like, no leader class Bumblebees
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #27
79transam
Machine War

Does anyone collect other figures?
Like how does anyone feel about the difference in scale between SHF and Legends/Black Series?
Personally the size difference of the SHF has me avoiding the line entirely because I already have a NECA/DC/McFarlane scale shelf that differes from the 1/12 stuff.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #28
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
Does anyone collect other figures?
Like how does anyone feel about the difference in scale between SHF and Legends/Black Series?
Personally the size difference of the SHF has me avoiding the line entirely because I already have a NECA/DC/McFarlane scale shelf that differes from the 1/12 stuff.
I know exactly what you mean. Early SHF stand just about 5.5" and are quite skinny despite the great details (Looking at my SHF Kamen Rider Black and Shadow Moon). But then they grew to approx 1/12 scale at about 6". Now everyone else in the SHF Star Wars line up is taller and bigger than Darth Vader. I can't wait for Bandai to release SHF Vader 2.0.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:51 AM   #29
79transam
Machine War

I really like when people swap out the plastic capes for soft goods. Makes an already gorgeous figure even better. The 2.0 BS vader has a pretty decent cape this time. I used the old one for my second Kylo figure. Cut his skirt short and used Vaders old cape and he looks pretty close to The Last Jedi trailer
Old 11-05-2017, 02:05 AM   #30
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Completely for bot mode, or as close as possible, pretty much exactly what Deception said above. I might be worse though. Scale is partly influenced by personal taste too. I can see arguments for different size classes appealing to different people. Like, for me, a leader or voyager Starscream is ridiculously too big. Deluxe is too small But, for me, least objectionable. We work with what we got and our own tastes.
That generations thundercracker is the one that got me back to collecting believe it or not and it was my first chug purchase. My favourite mould out of all the deluxe figures. I'll settle for a jet the size of a car bwahahahahaha.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote