Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #21
Cobra Zartan
Generation 2
Re: Transformers Headmasters Repro Set of 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
I have no idea, but I do know Full Metal Hero also reported the Headmasters, not just KOtoys. They are not making them, just selling them.

They already have a early version of Weirdwolf.

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content...-Images-Inside-
Mike has said on his own board that he is making them and not to buy Headmaster1987's heads.
Cobra Zartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #22
Scaleface
Beast Machine

Where did he say that?
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
Cobra Zartan
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
Where did he say that?
Can't look it up for you since ive been banned but he tried to state that I funded the 10 pack headmaster ko's and that people should not buy from me and support kotoys instead. If I remember correctly it was in a thread that was about me trying to ruin his business and being banned by tfw

EDIT: Link wont work for you since I use a proxy but he posted this in the dinotape thread Reply #30

Quote:
Quote from: MagnaVolt on March 26, 2011, 11:07:56 PM
Is this the same factory that's been making the G1 KO reissues?

I don't know but i hope the same of HEADMASTERS exclusive set! So we can have some beautiful giftset in g1 style.

Nope its not the same as the headmaster set, it will come in 80's style packaging.

The HEADMASTERS set was done by a SOCIAL GROUP (LD) and SOLD IN A TRICKY MANOR in order to CONCEAL THEIR TRUE IDENTITY , the heads were invested by several members of the board and one person with connections in China helped set up the deal and how to sell them from here (yet they are not available in china, only for export) The Headmasters were not commissioned by Chinese people, they were commissioned by some tricky people online, mostly from the USA. They sell them as they are in order to conceal their true identities. Same people Slandered me and attacked me as much as they could when KOLD GOLD OP came out and got rid of me from their hole, its pretty easy to figure out who they are, they are pretty much the ones who have been attacking me since their LD collection was threatened with GOLD OP, and since I was a threat to anyone ELSE selling KOs. Its kinda funny because they are hypocrites of the worst kind, contradict themselves by slandering me in public on various forums, putting down certain KOs yet in secret, they sit back and sell their own from here using a mask and cover. Theres more backstabbers and scavengers in the Transformers community that you probably imagine. The headmasters will EVENTUALLY be available at KOToys, but maybe not for another 6 months or so, please wait until then, u will save some cash, and in the meantime u can collect all the other G1 KOs that you need

Last edited by Cobra Zartan; 11-13-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Cobra Zartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #24
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Shockwave 75"s review of the Surprise Headmasters Gifte Set. HEAD ON!!

I just acquired this set as my "Grail Prize" from ShelfLife.

The unofficial reissue Surprise Headmaster Gift Set!

A very nice looking set, very professional and slick.

It looks like something that Takara/Tomy might actually put out.

Here we have the 4 Spikes and Zaraks. I'm not going to waste a lot of time reviewing them since basically if you've seen one Spike/Zarak you've seen them all. One of the plus's to this set is that you don't have to worry about the ravages of GPS with this Black Zarak.
The plastic quality is quite nice. It's not as glossy as the originals, but it still looks good.
Here they are in their robot modes:

And here they are in their head modes:

Now to the good stuff. The Headmasters that everyone wants to see. The guys referred to in the TV Magzine Supergod Masterforce story Master File #1 as the Headmaster Teens.
First up are Kirk, Rodney, and Loafer:

In their head modes only Rodney has the same style of lower leg as all the regular Headmasters that are big and blocky, meant to cover up the robot mode body while giving the illusion of a more complete head. The other two have rather stylized legs.

There's not much fiction around these guys. They didn't even originally come with tech specs, nor do they now. But one easy way to remedy that is to attach them to a Headmaster body:

Kirk's readout is SPD: 7 STR: 9 INT: 6, Rodney: SPD: 10 STR: 7 INT: 10, Loafer: SPD: 10 STR: 9 INT: 8

Now the beast mode Headmasters Toraizer, Lione, and Shuffler. All four can move their legs and Shuffler actually has articulation in his trunk that has nothing to do with his transformation. It can move up and down slightly.

Toraizer and Lione have basically the same transformation to head mode except you fold Toraizer's head back while you bring Lione's head forward so it remains visible. Shuffler has a pretty involved transformation for a Headmaster, it's actually a 4 step transformation. All 3 have their robot mode faces on their bellies.

Like the other three, these three have little fiction associated with them. In the case of Shuffler, none at all! But like the other three all one need do is plug them into a Headmaster body.

Toraizer: SPD: 9 STR: 8 INT: 8, Lione: SPD: 7 STR: 7 INT: 8, Shuffler: SPD: 4 STR: 10 INT: 9

All of these guys, with the exception of Shuffler appeared in the Headmasters episodes Miraculous Warriors, Targetmasters prt 2, and Operation: Destroy the Decepticons!, though their physical appearances varied between the two episodes.

This is a great set and I recommend anyone interested try and track one down. It's really the only way to own these figures without either being indepndantly wealthy or winning the lottery.

Oh, and I'll attach a nice pic I took of the battle scene on the back of the box in case anyone would like to use it as a background. I am!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	box_battle_surprise_headmaster_giftset2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	13611  

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 03-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: Shockwave 75"s review of the Surprise Headmasters Gifte Set. HEAD ON!!

They look nice!

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #26
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Great review for what I agree is a fantastic set! Very reasonably priced when you consider what a common vintage G1 headmaster figure will cost you.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Hey! I'm glad you finally got your set Shockwave75!

BTW, if anyone else is looking for a set of these. I can hook you up.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #28
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Yes! Our good friend UltraPrimal will not disappoint you!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #29
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

You coming to He-Con Ultra Primal?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #30
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
You coming to He-Con Ultra Primal?
Probably about 99% chance I will be there. But not as a dealer, like AFX. Just coming to shop and catch up.