Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-18-2021, 09:19 PM   #1521
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Picked up retro Mindwipe but I also have tr but both sealed. Bit of an impulse buy but the box is great, but is it worth it? Anyone else have both?
I have wave 1 of the "reissue" headmasters. There are differences in the paint decos, and the heads are the Takara versions from TR. So you get a more Japanese look, but still not quite the same as the Takara versions.

The retro boxes are the big seller, to me at least. I display them sealed along with the other recent G1 reissues. Mostly because I love the boxes being nearly identical to the original G1 boxes.

Now of I could just find wave 2, but unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. (And no I don't want to pay $60+ through a secondary seller to get them).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:20 PM   #1522
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Picked up retro Mindwipe but I also have tr but both sealed. Bit of an impulse buy but the box is great, but is it worth it? Anyone else have both?

I don't have both but my understanding is that it's a near identical copy of the Takara Legends version of the figure in terms of paint job and having the Takara head (but without the additional little drone bot that most of the Takara versions came with)

I got my set of retro ones because I didn't have the TR versions and because I wanted versions that had the Headmasters anime deco and headsculpt, but unless you're a particularly big fan of having multiple variations of the same figures, of the Headmasters show in all its badly dubbed or terribly paced glory, or simply really like the box art then I would probably say it's not worth owning both versions. But I do think it's worth owning at least one version of them because they are nice looking versions of the characters. Mindwipe has a reasonably different paint job from version to version, but the head is quite similar. I think the major difference is that the Hasbro head has a painted bit on the bridge of his optics to make it look like separated lenses while the Takara version is solid red all the way across to make more of a visor shape. It's certainly less dramatic than the differences in most of the Autobots.

I do kind of wish I could get the TR Hasbro heads just so I could swap them if I wanted sometimes, but I'd never buy the whole other version of the figure just for that unless it was a loose for-parts one.

Also fair warning that Retro Mindwipe is believed to replicate a materials issue that was present in the TR version with regards to the soft plastic used for the bat wings/robot lower legs. Apparently these components will, over time, become brittle and break down to the point that they eventually crack and shatter with even the tiniest amount of force.

The Retro one should be safe for now because it's new, but if you ever took it out of the box it's probably best to maybe transform it once and then be done with it, leaving it in whichever mode you prefer. But if you were to take the TR one out of the box it's probably a good idea to just not touch it. Or breathe on it. Or look at it funny.

Or maybe just not take it out of the box at all.

Weirdwolf has a similar issue, though thankfully one that's a little less extensive in terms of how much of his body is effected.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 07-18-2021 at 09:23 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:38 PM   #1523
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't have both but my understanding is that it's a near identical copy of the Takara Legends version of the figure in terms of paint job and having the Takara head (but without the additional little drone bot that most of the Takara versions came with)

I got my set of retro ones because I didn't have the TR versions and because I wanted versions that had the Headmasters anime deco and headsculpt, but unless you're a particularly big fan of having multiple variations of the same figures, of the Headmasters show in all its badly dubbed or terribly paced glory, or simply really like the box art then I would probably say it's not worth owning both versions. But I do think it's worth owning at least one version of them because they are nice looking versions of the characters. Mindwipe has a reasonably different paint job from version to version, but the head is quite similar. I think the major difference is that the Hasbro head has a painted bit on the bridge of his optics to make it look like separated lenses while the Takara version is solid red all the way across to make more of a visor shape. It's certainly less dramatic than the differences in most of the Autobots.

I do kind of wish I could get the TR Hasbro heads just so I could swap them if I wanted sometimes, but I'd never buy the whole other version of the figure just for that unless it was a loose for-parts one.

Also fair warning that Retro Mindwipe is believed to replicate a materials issue that was present in the TR version with regards to the soft plastic used for the bat wings/robot lower legs. Apparently these components will, over time, become brittle and break down to the point that they eventually crack and shatter with even the tiniest amount of force.

The Retro one should be safe for now because it's new, but if you ever took it out of the box it's probably best to maybe transform it once and then be done with it, leaving it in whichever mode you prefer. But if you were to take the TR one out of the box it's probably a good idea to just not touch it. Or breathe on it. Or look at it funny.

Or maybe just not take it out of the box at all.

Weirdwolf has a similar issue, though thankfully one that's a little less extensive in terms of how much of his body is effected.
😮😮😮😮😮. Has it actually broken for anyone? Maybe I should keep both so if one breaks at least I have the other!
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:18 PM   #1524
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I haven't had problems with my TR Mindwipe, but my Weirdwolf did break.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:50 AM   #1525
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

OH yeah, my Mindwipe's wings are trashed.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:20 PM   #1526
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Got charged for my scorponok deluxe preorder.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:30 PM   #1527
Taylor890
Generation 2

Allegedly the ark ships out tomorrow lol
Taylor890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:59 PM   #1528
Taylor890
Generation 2

Oh actually my Autobot Ark pre order on walmarts tracking updated to Item procesing - your order is being processed by the seller at 1055am this morning. This is my first time pre ordering on walmart , is this a good sign?
Taylor890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:52 PM   #1529
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Got charged for my Tracks and BW Scorponok Preorders this past weekend, I guess shipping soon.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:15 PM   #1530
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Got charged for my Tracks and BW Scorponok Preorders this past weekend, I guess shipping soon.
Yah mine days estimated delivery Aug 15. But I picked ship to store for free shipping. That method always seems to take longer.

Hey, $25 deluxe is a steal these days 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tags
walmart