Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #41
Autobot Strider
Machine War
Re: Beast Hunters: Worst Line Ever?

I really hated the entire scope of the deluxes at first, but after getting Voyager Predaking I wanted to give him two Predacons to command. While Darksteel and Skylynx would make the most sense, I really don't like the Skylynx/Skystalker figure at all... and Darksteel/Grimwing seems kinda, well, meh. I appreciate that the did a non-dragon, but if every other Pred is a dragon, it seems like they should have gone all in, or included a few more non-dragons.

So I picked up Ripclaw ('cause she is awesome) and Laserback (because he reminds me of a Warhammer Khorne Daemon).

I have no use for any of the spikified Autobots/Decepticons, though Magnus, Smokescreen and Shockwave are all welcome additions to the collection.

I think the Beast figures suffer because most of them never got any showtime - that would have made us like them a bit more, I think. The Spiky bots and cons were just a complete waste IMHO - when they could have given us re-paints to repurpose as other characters...

So overall, it isn't the worst line ever... but it could have been greatly improved.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #42
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I think the worst line ever with size class disasters and just plain bad figures was Beast Machines. The line has a gem here and there and upsizing would have helped more than a few figures but overall it was a fail.

Beast Hunters had enough winners to not put it anywhere near the bottom for me. Aside from Hardshell (why would HasTak skip a voyager sized troop building figures, they could have even gone Voyager and Deluxe for variety) BH put out every other on screen character and the size classes where pretty good.

As I mentioned before, the line had a lot of losers but easily skipped losers and the winners where screen characters so I am very happy with the line. The Prime line was a great looking line and a fun one to collect, this was a decent way to finish it off. Better than the ending Animated received.

RIP TF: Animated
Old 11-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
Commandoclone87
Seeker

As other commentors have also said, this is far from the WORST line in TF history. In my opinion, Beast Machines is much worse (It's the line that killed my interest in TFs until the Generations stuff came out).

That said, I definitely had to go out and pickup Shockwave and Smokescreen to fill out my cast lineup and I'll admit that I'm a sucker for anything Draconic, so I picked up Ultimate Predaking, Ripclaw and Skystalker and last night, I grabbed Vertebreak because they dropped to $10.

Of the non-dragons, I'll admit to grabbing an Arcee so that I can repaint her into a decepti-femme such as Flame-War.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #44
tusko
Classic

I have not bought many of these and have no interest or intension to get them. The dragons just don't go with what I think a Transformers is.
I have UM, Smokescreen and Shockwave for the cartoon characterization. Otherwise I'm good with passing this line.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #45
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusko View Post
I have not bought many of these and have no interest or intension to get them. The dragons just don't go with what I think a Transformers is.
I have UM, Smokescreen and Shockwave for the cartoon characterization. Otherwise I'm good with passing this line.
I highly suggest you pick up Deluxe Bulkhead. The figure's actually pretty cool.

I find the dragons tend to fit in well with many of the Transmetal figures, though they lack chrome. So.... I guess they'd fit better with the Armada incarnations, and the BW10th deluxe Primal and Megatron.

Ripclaw looks REALLY good next to Cybertron Ultra Scourge, FYI. Right now that's the only dragon I actually have, though planning on getting BH Voyager Predaking at some point. The giant one just doesn't wow me enough to warrant getting that one instead.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #46
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I forgot the Beast Hunter Line will include those TERRIBLE blown up legion figure... once those are out then ...yeah I guess BH will be the worst line ever ><

I still want a goshdarn Ripclaw! Who the heck is stealing them all from the case assortment?!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #47
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Here are the ones I liked:

Bulkhead (dlx)
Grimwing/Dark Steel (voy)
Dreadwing (dlx)
Lazerback (dlx)
Optimus Prime (voy)
Predaking (voy)
Shockwave (voy)
Megatron Sharkticon (voy)
Predaking (Ultra)
Predaking (2014 voy)
Ripclaw (dlx)
Skystalker / Skylynx (dlx)
Smokescreen (dlx)
Starscream (dlx)
Ultra Magnus (voy)
Shockwave (Cyb)
Hardshell (Cyb)
Blight (Cyb)
Windrazor (Cyb)
Hunn-Gurr (Cyb)
RipperSnapper (Cyb)
Twinstrike (Cyb)
Predaking (Cyb)
Huffer (Cyb)
Soundwave (Cyb)
Vehicon-Air (Cyb)

That's not a bad list. Not TFA or Classics good, but far from "Worst. Line. Ever."
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #48
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I think anyone that has a chance to pick up Ripclaw for $10 should do it. She's a fun, poseable toy with a neat claw gimmick, and a great colourscheme. She is now Straxus' consort on my shelf
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote