Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #11
higoomgala
Generation 1
Re: Am I the only one bored?

I was initially excited for the Combiner Wars, but in my opinion (except for Devy), they just don't look good. They are all so 'gangly'....with such big limbs and hands. Oh well, the Hasbro toys are just for real 'kids' anyway.....and they make the 3rd party stuff look that much better!
higoomgala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #12
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I agree 100%. I've been collecting Transformers since Beast Machines and have been driven to stop buying a good portion of new released. Pretty huge considering I used to be a mold completest.

Problem is that this is not just Transformers, Hasbro has all but killed all their properties with cheap figures with limited articulation and crappy re-paints.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #13
higoomgala
Generation 1

Actually, now that I'm staring at my figures, I do have to admit the Generations Rhinox and Rattrap are pretty sweet.... Again, redos of something older....
higoomgala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #14
CAF
Banned

All I care about is the MP line. I did get CW Devy because IMO he scales very well with the MP stuff even though the quality isn't there.

With manufacturing as advanced as it is, toys must be able to do yoga or I don't want it. 😂
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Not bored. Wouldn't mind if the releases came out a bit quicker, but otherwise, I'm enjoying the slower pace of my spending.

I'm liking the combiner wars stuff. Some of the enjoyment for me is in trying to find a good fan-mode for the less than stellar combinations.

Sorry 3rd party companies. Like your stuff but too much, too fast, too expensive. I'm being extra picky in terms of 3rd party spending. I mean there are only 5 main Dinobots but so many releases.

I'm not saying they're not worth it, because for the most part they are, but the market is so flooded I have no fear of availability if I ever decide to get on the boat. Been trying to talk myself into the reissue Quakewave but can't seem to pull the trigger. No pun intended. Cause Quakewave has no trigger. Ha.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #16
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I can't blame you for feeling this way. We are all getting serious mold fatigue from this line. Hell, the Prime mold alone has 5-6 uses between repaints and remolds (plus whatever is coming out of Japan so let's say 7). On top of that I want to shoot that damn Alpha Bravo mold out of a cannon, and I really like the mold.

Thankfully next year we have lots and lots of new molds!

Wait a minute... No. No we don't. Skylynx, Brawl, Shockwave, and that awful Buzzsaw is all that we have as a new mold for next year so far, and you can get your ass those are getting repaints and remolds.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #17
thatVWandTFguy
Generation 2

I really got back in to TF when the CHUG line got going full steam, so I appreciate that they're carrying it forward with the CW stuff. That said the quality just isn't the same and the playing with scale bugs me quite a bit. I suppose that's a consequence of Hasbro trying to maximize profits out of it. I'd happily pay $20 per deluxe if they were worth it, they're just not. As such I've been pretty selective and really trimmed back my spending to figures that haven't had a refresh in the last few years and stuff that I remember having as a kid.

I've generally avoided 3rd party, mostly because of price though. Just too hard to justify some of it, especially for anything where there's potential for a decent HasTak release down the road.

I do have some hope for the Titan Hunters line (that's what it's going to be called right?), but not a lot. Have a feeling it will be a little too IDW stylized. While I like the comics for the most part, I still want G1-ish versions of G1 characters.
thatVWandTFguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #18
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

There isn't a single new figure that I have any interest in until Skylinx in 2016. After that I might leave the hobby entirely.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

The first three combiner wars gestalts were amazing, but now with all the announced repaints and lack of unique molds, I definitely have got sick of them.

Hopefully the upcoming Titan wars will be less repaints and more unique molds, or at least more creative remolds.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #20
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post

Thankfully next year we have lots and lots of new molds!

Wait a minute... No. No we don't. Skylynx, Brawl, Shockwave, and that awful Buzzsaw is all that we have as a new mold for next year so far, and you can get your ass those are getting repaints and remolds.
This is my issue. Hard to imagine that there is hardly anything new for a entire year. Bizarre really.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote