Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2021, 06:02 PM   #2121
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Got the email as well. If I ever see it in-store, I'll jist show them the email and my order details. Not sure they'll actually get in touch.
Star Wars ppl were getting this kinda email and then getting calls from their local store for pick ups.

A cynical part of me wonders if it's to save shipping costs haha
Old 07-14-2021, 06:07 PM   #2122
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Ugh, friggin' online retailers can't get it together... I cancelled 2 other preorders for this, guess it was premature.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:28 PM   #2123
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqpetn View Post
did your toys r us preorder Generations Selects Voyager WFC-GS24 Ramjet canceled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
yes, this

why go through the trouble of cancelling, then tell me in a follow up email that they will honour the order. Just send a “this item is delayed, goodbye” msg
I just got the same cancellation email for G2 Ramjet

I called mine during that bit where it was (ten bucks down from $50)

-> "honour the terms of this presell" sounds nice
-> "opportunity to re-purchase", has me maybe a bit leery that it's gonna be full price
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #2124
The Nemesis
Alternator

fingers crossed but neither my Ark nor my Rodimus Prime have been cancelled. Still listed as processing (Rodimus purchased on May 2 with a $25 off $100+ coupon, Ark purchased May 22 with another iteration of that same coupon)

If they cancel on me for any reason other than "we're not getting this at all" and expect me to re-purchase at whatever price they're eventually available at (which also includes playing the "are you going to be online at a time where you can actually get one? or will you show up 5 minutes after they sell out for the 5th time?" lottery) I will raise hell.

last time I raked them over the coals for their shoddy practices and customer service they found and shipped a Runabout to me from a store in Ontario. I can't go back to that well too often but for over $200 worth of figures I also won't simply let it go.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:06 PM   #2125
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

After receiving the same pre-cancel/expect upcoming cancel email as everyone else, TRU.ca is just entering bizarre levels now. Star Wars BS6 issues. Etc.

I have had items with coupons getting canceled and I had a $25 coupon on Rodimus from early May. They canceled a PO for a ML item which showed online as in-stock which I then reordered with their last $25 coupon and that shipped out OK. No reason to cancel my first order when it was in-stock.

Rodimus had the date baked into his listing as July 19. So they say in this email that they're not getting stock until late August now. Ok. Maybe just leave the orders alone until then? Nope, instead they will cancel them. It's like something weird in their system doesn't extend orders out past release day? Sounds like a bug to me.

Is there anyone with a Rodimus PO who hasn't received their cancel email yet?
chaingunsofdoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #2126
The Nemesis
Alternator

I spoke too soon. Got my Rodimus "we're gonna cancel your order" email nor long after my post.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #2127
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Yup got the G2 Ramjet email.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:10 PM   #2128
PepegaCredit
Mini-Con

Just here to also report receiving the Kingdom Rodimus Prime preorder cancellation email from TRU.
PepegaCredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #2129
The Nemesis
Alternator

This whole setup seems bafflingly stupid. They cancel the order but expect to still "honor" the pre-order by making us buy from a store instead?

It feels like they're just adding additional steps to the process where things can go wrong. I don't honestly see the upside to this except, as someone said, that it saves them the expense of shipping individual units to people when they can instead force them to visit nearby stores.

But I also don't trust my nearby store to know that there's supposed to be a unit earmarked for me to pick up and not put it on the shelf. They already can't/won't properly check stock levels, what assurance would there be that they check a roster of "people who are owed one of these?" that would come through with/ahead of the shipment vs some stock jockey just dumping the whole batch out onto store shelves?

It's also weird that they pull a cancellation notice on my Rodimus order when it's still like a week away from its original release date, but for The Ark they instead just give me a "it's delayed" notice. No cancellation. Why? What makes one situation different from the other?
Old 07-14-2021, 10:03 PM   #2130
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepegaCredit View Post
Just here to also report receiving the Kingdom Rodimus Prime preorder cancellation email from TRU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Yup got the G2 Ramjet email.

I got both today too. Booooooooo!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote