Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #2081
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Anyone get them to work for items already on sale, ending in an 8 I guess?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:20 PM   #2082
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

^ sale prices end in 7. Ending in 8 is for clearance and 8 is rarely, if ever, valid with their coupons.

Fine print is at:
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/summerbrea...promotion.html
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:27 PM   #2083
The Nemesis
Alternator

Did anyone else with an Ark pre-order just get a poorly worded, jumbled up e-mail about cancellations and delays with dates that don't make sense and sentences that seem to be mashed together from different parts of the message?

it's no wonder TRU's online service is such a gong-show. Something as simple as a basically structured form-letter to update customers ends up eluding their grasp.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #2084
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Did anyone else with an Ark pre-order just get a poorly worded, jumbled up e-mail about cancellations and delays with dates that don't make sense and sentences that seem to be mashed together from different parts of the message?

it's no wonder TRU's online service is such a gong-show. Something as simple as a basically structured form-letter to update customers ends up eluding their grasp.
Yeah I got the same email kind of hard to understand. I think it just means that the Ark is delayed.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:22 PM   #2085
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluthor View Post
Yeah I got the same email kind of hard to understand. I think it just means that the Ark is delayed.

Yeah, that's what I figure too. It just took me reading it 3 times to reach that conclusion.

and then I read the French version just to see if it was any different (it wasn't).
Old 07-09-2021, 10:15 AM   #2086
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Did anyone else with an Ark pre-order just get a poorly worded, jumbled up e-mail
Can you post the email? I'm curious how bad it was.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #2087
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
Can you post the email? I'm curious how bad it was.

Dear X,
Thank you for ordering from Toys R Us. We’re reaching out to you in regard to your pre sale order XX00 for the "PRE-ORDER.
Due to an error out of our control some orders have been cancelled and others have been delayed. The good news is that if you did make a pre sale order, we have the inventory for you. If you received a cancelled order on June 15th, we will be in touch with you before June 26th with a solution. If your order was delayed, the expected shipping date is 2021 - Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Titan WFC-K30 Autobot Ark". You will receive a shipping confirmation at that time.
If you prefer to order a different product or cancel this order, please let us know by replying to this email and we will assist with the cancelation.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Team
ToysRUs.ca / BabiesRUs.ca
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #2088
Philtastic
Beasty

TRU sent the same email for the big Star Wars black Series Clone Wars screw-up. Ultimately, everyone seems to have gotten their orders filled, though. If your order was cancelled, expect to receive a call from your nearest TRU store to pick-up and pay instore, since they can't actually un-cancel online orders.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #2089
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Dear X,
Thank you for ordering from Toys R Us. We’re reaching out to you in regard to your pre sale order XX00 for the "PRE-ORDER.
Due to an error out of our control some orders have been cancelled and others have been delayed. The good news is that if you did make a pre sale order, we have the inventory for you. If you received a cancelled order on June 15th, we will be in touch with you before June 26th with a solution. If your order was delayed, the expected shipping date is 2021 - Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Titan WFC-K30 Autobot Ark". You will receive a shipping confirmation at that time.
If you prefer to order a different product or cancel this order, please let us know by replying to this email and we will assist with the cancelation.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Team
ToysRUs.ca / BabiesRUs.ca

My e-mail was the same except the product name listing from the middle was cut up and placed in two separate parts of the e-mail and the sentence order was a little jumbly.

Also it's funny that I got an e-mail in July telling me that they would contact me by June 26 if something else needed to be worked out.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #2090
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
My e-mail was the same except the product name listing from the middle was cut up and placed in two separate parts of the e-mail and the sentence order was a little jumbly.

Also it's funny that I got an e-mail in July telling me that they would contact me by June 26 if something else needed to be worked out.
Something tells me the Ark and the Black Series Clone Wars figures were on the same shipment, since it's a carbon copy email.