Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-08-2021, 12:36 PM   #11
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Acoustic Wave pre-orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornIRL View Post
Oh man, they were shut down? Now I'll never get a Peru Kill reissue.
Yeah. Their factory was raided by the police in China. I think they were focusing on too many Bay-verse figures and that drew attention. Bay-verse Galvatron was their final figure, but who knows? They could eventually sprout back under a different name.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:07 PM   #12
Philtastic
Beasty

Looks like the answer to my question of how long will these last before they sell out at A3U is 5 MINUTES! (Possibly less)

Good thing I set my alarm, and didn't waste time looking for extras. But at nearly $500 for the set, holy crap this better be the better be frickin amazing…
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:19 PM   #13
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
3P has not been the same since Unique Toys was shut down. A lot of 3P companies went low when that happened
Just a thought, but wishful thinking to maybe see resurgence of PE hands/feet now that combiners are coming back (somewhat) with the upcoming Menasor in Legacy

...*cries*
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #14
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Just a thought, but wishful thinking to maybe see resurgence of PE hands/feet now that combiners are coming back (somewhat) with the upcoming Menasor in Legacy

...*cries*

With MM being a Commander, they better be giving us hands and feet that don't need a 3P fix.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #15
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Here's a summary of the whole "Robot Paradise" name situation...in general, this type of thing is either speculation and/or subject to some interpretation either due to language barriers and/or rumors speculation from the fandom:

-At this point, the fandom is assuming "Robot Paradise" is a Fanstoys design, however the company 'producing' the figure is called 'Robot Paradise' and yes it does appear the company name is a factor in 3rd parties being pursued by legal action. Read into that whatever you like...nothing official exists and personally I hope nothing official is ever announced
-The most major, known related legal action/raid in the Transformers marketplace was Weijang. Arrests were made, product was seized. It was speculated, but never confirmed, that the factory may have produced for some 3rd parties as well including Fans Toys.
-Unique toys made an official announcment they are closing, with the last figure released being their interpretation of Movieverse Galvatron. There was no specific announcement or correlation with the Weijang raid.
-DX9 made an offcial announcement they are closing, with the last figure being released being their interpretation of MP Menasor (with the remaining reissues/recolors scheduled to be completed and produced, however the product has not shown up yet). There was no specific announcement or correlation with the Weijang raid.

Note that many of the designers may have moved onto/been scooped up/'integrated' into other companies...so just because these companies are 'gone' it doesn't mean the cool stuff they do may not show up elsewhere.

It's important 3rd parties can find solid factories to make good products with reasonable QC.

But that said it's clear that overall 3rd party is a grey area and you never know what's next. (hope I don't start any meaningless debate about this)

They call it a 'party' for a reason...you never know if/when the police will shut it down, especially if it gets too noisy.

My attitude: Every good product we get from them I say "wow, I'm glad this go out, so glad I have it hand" and so forth while the party lights are on.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:08 PM   #16
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Here's a summary of the whole "Robot Paradise" name situation...in general, this type of thing is either speculation and/or subject to some interpretation either due to language barriers and/or rumors speculation from the fandom:

-At this point, the fandom is assuming "Robot Paradise" is a Fanstoys design, however the company 'producing' the figure is called 'Robot Paradise' and yes it does appear the company name is a factor in 3rd parties being pursued by legal action. Read into that whatever you like...nothing official exists and personally I hope nothing official is ever announced
-The most major, known related legal action/raid in the Transformers marketplace was Weijang. Arrests were made, product was seized. It was speculated, but never confirmed, that the factory may have produced for some 3rd parties as well including Fans Toys.
-Unique toys made an official announcment they are closing, with the last figure released being their interpretation of Movieverse Galvatron. There was no specific announcement or correlation with the Weijang raid.
-DX9 made an offcial announcement they are closing, with the last figure being released being their interpretation of MP Menasor (with the remaining reissues/recolors scheduled to be completed and produced, however the product has not shown up yet). There was no specific announcement or correlation with the Weijang raid.

Note that many of the designers may have moved onto/been scooped up/'integrated' into other companies...so just because these companies are 'gone' it doesn't mean the cool stuff they do may not show up elsewhere.

It's important 3rd parties can find solid factories to make good products with reasonable QC.

But that said it's clear that overall 3rd party is a grey area and you never know what's next. (hope I don't start any meaningless debate about this)

They call it a 'party' for a reason...you never know if/when the police will shut it down, especially if it gets too noisy.

My attitude: Every good product we get from them I say "wow, I'm glad this go out, so glad I have it hand" and so forth while the party lights are on.
Definitely agree with you here. That pretty much sums it up. Another reason why Fanstoys might be using another name is because they are trying to protect their brand. If Robot Paradise gets shutdown, that wouldn't mean anything, but if Fanstoys gets in trouble, that wouldn't be good. Also Soundwave is one of the more popular characters (along with Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee and Starscream), so it might be smart to not draw too much attention.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote