Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-26-2021, 08:51 PM   #131
LegendaryArticuno
Generation 1
Re: I just transformed...

I got my Airazor today as well, the wings are misassembled.

The 2nd transformer in a row that I've had to return now, thank God Amazon gives you a free return label.

Last edited by LegendaryArticuno; 05-26-2021 at 09:07 PM.
LegendaryArticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:27 AM   #132
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Shelved the Botropolis dudes and brought out Kingdom Huffer & Netflix Decepticon Mirage this week

Converted Mirage from alt to bot, I really like this guy

Not feeling all the doomsaying about upcoming Kingdom 2-pack earthmode Mirage, I got NF version to "get the Siege mold", it'll be best of both worlds
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:49 AM   #133
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I just touched my 10 anniv Dinobot the other day. The mask fell off. I ham handed the replacing of the piece. The piece crumbled in my ham hands
Old 05-27-2021, 08:00 PM   #134
The Nemesis
Alternator

Got a big haul this afternoon. Was expecting just Kingdom Inferno, ended up having my Retro Headmaster trio delivered like 10 minutes before it.

Inferno: Enjoyable like Grapple was, but with less fuss and stress on those pegs from the ladder base vs Grapple's crane base. I don't like the detachable/reattachable hose nozzle arm that attaches up near the head, but otherwise a solid figure that's nice incremental improvements on Grapple. Only shame is that he would've been nicer with a glossy paint finish.

Highbrow: Simple transformation overall, like the other Retro Headmasters have mostly been. Enjoyable though. I like the way the long beam to give his helicopter mode added length recedes into the robot torso to set his hips at the correct height. I'm not a big fan of the hands not locking or blocking into place as they're a little floppy, but he cuts an imposing figure as a robot and things look different enough from one mode to the next .

Skullcruncher: Pretty simple transformation, but it has some flaws. Getting the bot arms/gator forelegs aligned in either mode is kinda finicky. The gator head also doesn't seem to hinge all the way back to sit even with/below his shoulders. And without flip-out heel extenders like some of the other Headmasters, he ends up feeling a little unbalanced and top-heady and is prone to teetering over.

Weirdwolf: I was absolutely terrified about that hinge breaking like everyone says is a foregone conclusion, but in the first (and so far only) transformation I've put him through I got through with no issues and no point where I felt like I was going to damage anything as long as I was careful with how much pressure I put on that hinge.

The way the beast hips disengage and fold up into the robot torso to make the bot mode waist was unique and interesting, though a bit unclear at first when I tried it.

I love the way Weirdwolf looks as a bot though. He seems very much like a warrior/predator with his unique leg setup, big chunky arms, and gun/sword combo. Only thing I really don't like is that I wish his face/visor were colored differently. Because the rich red on both kind of turns his whole face into a muddy, indistinct mess.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:08 PM   #135
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

FT Smokey is on my desk right now.
Love both modes. It's the right level of skill for me.
Went car to bot.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:17 AM   #136
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Kingdom Huffer:
I think this guy is going to be my toy of the year. I've waited so long for a Huffer that is not a legends OP retool/redeco. I didn't realize his gun split in half to make the sides of the truck box, that was a mind-blowing moment for me. There is just something special about him. Love the Scout Class size. I like to call him scout class with added accessories. He deserves to be more than a legends size too.

Jazz SS 86:
I did not think I was going to get this guy. I was happy with my POTP Jazz. But there he was at my local WM, all Jazz'ed up (i know, i know... I'm a dad, what can I say). So I thought, I'll buy him, but not open him right away. I'll let him sit in the box for a while. So there he was sitting all Jazz-i-licious in the box waiting for me to come by every day to take a look at him. So, I figured I'd look up one more review of him to re-fresh my memory of why i didn't want him. Dam, I'm glad I kept him. I open that sucker up, beheld the glory that is Jazz (sorry Jetfire). So fun changing him from bot to alt modes. I like how his front wheels fold into his chest-sides. Great deco and solid articulation.

Finally, Earthrise Thundercracker:
Gotta get my Voyager Seeker fix every few weeks. The size class we were all waiting years for, say no more. Why Thundercracker?, cause I haven't found a cooler deco yet son! (drop tha mic & cue the air horn sound effect!)
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:26 AM   #137
evoz
Generation 1

Unicron. Finally opened him after several weeks. Thought the box was too big but the figure is just as big. Interesting transformation for a shellformer but so tight in so many places that I thought I was going to break him. Instructions are pretty bad even though it's a booklet.
evoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:23 AM   #138
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Omega Supreme. Got a decent bonus this year and got it from Toysnowman. He’s a big boy. The rocket transformation is pretty clever but I wouldn’t have minded extra partsforming. Wish the tank turret wasn’t half assed as it is.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #139
steamwhistle
Crossover

Deseeus Drone

I never picked up Siege Ironhide.
I do appreciate the simplish transformation. Guess I'm getting old.

Paint/colouring looks like photocopier toner was spilled on it.

Looks good. I'll likely follow Optibotimus' lead and have 1 or 2 as Quintesson guards in the Pit-o-Judgement scene set-up
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:24 PM   #140
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Slitherfang.

He seems like a fun fidget toy I might leave at work. Bludgeon and Skullgrin don't get much attention while I'm there.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote