Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-18-2021, 11:33 AM   #121
Robbler
Machine War
Re: I just transformed...

Planet X Mars.

What a pain in the ass that was. Super tight joints, I actually popped off his left shoulder in three pieces trying to shift it in to place. It was a lot easier breaking, putting the hinge in place and fitting it all together than it was trying the actual transformation. And of course the right one moved into place no problem after struggling for a solid 20-30 minutes with lefty. It just would not budge.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:49 PM   #122
BeeTrain
Beasty

G1 Skywarp. Just got him from Transformerland.com. It was like Christmas morning 1984! Simpler times, simpler toys :-D
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #123
VicRav
Machine War

I recently ordered and received the Thrilling 30 versions of Arcee, Chromia and Windblade. Transformed them all. Fun transformations in the sense that they don't feel nearly like the shellformer that Earthrise Arcee is. I have wanted to pickup these bots for quite some time, I just wanted to get them in hand and compare these versions of Arcee and Chromia to the War for Cybertron ones. This Arcee has so much more character and charm that is missing from the bland Earthrise version. I think I like Siege Chromia in bot mode more than the Thrilling 30 version, but I like the bike alt mode of the Thrilling 30 more than Siege's alt mode. I don't have any other Windblade deluxe, so it is nice to add her to the collection.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:02 PM   #124
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
Planet X Mars.

What a pain in the ass that was. Super tight joints, I actually popped off his left shoulder in three pieces trying to shift it in to place. It was a lot easier breaking, putting the hinge in place and fitting it all together than it was trying the actual transformation. And of course the right one moved into place no problem after struggling for a solid 20-30 minutes with lefty. It just would not budge.
Update: Gave Ratchet a try..

Old 05-19-2021, 01:29 PM   #125
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Still dusting off old stuff.

Transformed Combiner Wars Blast-Off/Mudshot with Venksta's entire Renderform kit hanging off of him. Still wondering if I should've picked up the other Bruticus limbs that time at TRU... (had UW Bruticus on the way).
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:32 PM   #126
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
I recently ordered and received the Thrilling 30 versions of Arcee, Chromia and Windblade. Transformed them all. Fun transformations in the sense that they don't feel nearly like the shellformer that Earthrise Arcee is. I have wanted to pickup these bots for quite some time, I just wanted to get them in hand and compare these versions of Arcee and Chromia to the War for Cybertron ones. This Arcee has so much more character and charm that is missing from the bland Earthrise version. I think I like Siege Chromia in bot mode more than the Thrilling 30 version, but I like the bike alt mode of the Thrilling 30 more than Siege's alt mode. I don't have any other Windblade deluxe, so it is nice to add her to the collection.

These 3 are all my fav versions of them so far.

T30 Windblade's heals are a bit finicky, but she looks so much like her original IDW appearance.

For T30 Chromia, if you don't mind stickers try out the Toyhax set for her. I got it and they look great on her. Especially in bike mode.
https://toyhax.com/for-classics/986-...n-chromia.html

I agree, T30 Arcee is so much better, but I would like to get Netflix Elita-1 from that Earthrise/Kingdom version of Arcee, I think it suites her much better.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:32 AM   #127
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Xtb andras, ft quietus, mmc azalea, and maketoys downbeat today

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #128
steamwhistle
Crossover

Sparkless Bot

Not worth $30, that's for sure. And I sadly paid a bit more through an Amazon.com tertiary seller.

But I did enjoy the simple transformation and find myself really liking the colour -- suits the sparkless concept well.

Wish it was cheaper. At $20, I'd build a small army, but for $30, I'll stick with the one I have, and maybe add another if I get inspired... Or I'll see if any pop up on discount.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:19 PM   #129
The Nemesis
Alternator

Amazon just delivered Kingdom Huffer and Airazor today.

Huffer:

Simple enough transformation, though getting the arms/smokestacks to peg into his hips for truck mode is a bit fidgety. Also the truck cab and the bed portion formed by the legs don't seem to flatten out all the way, so I'm left with a bit of an unbalanced vehicle mode. Still he looks good in bot mode and I really like the concept of his gun splitting in half to to form guards on the sides of the truck bed.

Airazor: Looks fantastic as a bot. Transformation seems intimidating and picky at first when it says it's like 22 steps, but a lot of those steps are like pieces in a sequence of folding up the wings. Bird mode is kind of underwhelming with the way the obvious humanoid legs just hang off the bottom, and her triple-jointed legs (with ball-joint ankles. Argh I hate those) and top-heavy design make it difficult for her to stand upright very well. I also wish all the orange was done in a more metallic copper color to be more true to the show. I think the details on the robot mode are great, but her beast mode is a bit of a disappointment and the transformation seems like it might have a few risky failure points over time.

I'm allegedly getting Inferno tomorrow and then the wave 2 retro Headmasters next week.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #130
BeeTrain
Beasty

Got my Huffer and Airazor too. Airrazor's wing snapped right out of the damn box!! Fortunately, my replacement from Amazon is scheduled to arrive next week.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote