Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: BW 25 Tournament - Round 2, Match 3: Depth Charge vs. Waspinator
Depth Charge 10 52.63%
Waspinator 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #11
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: Beast Wars 25 Tournament, Match 11 - Round 2, Match 3: Depth Charge vs Waspinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
The voting is based on the skills and combat abilities, not popularity. Would it make sense for Waspinator to defeat Primal or Megatron one-on-one?

I like the character, but that's not the point of this.
No, that is the point.
Perhaps the idea was based on skills and combat abilities, as you said. but it quickly became a popularity contest from the start.

People said they were voting because they loved the character.

I don't know what the original intent was, but this is now a popularity contest.
And I don't mind that.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:43 PM   #12
Outtsyder
Another 1 Bites The Dust
Re: Beast Wars 25 Tournament, Match 11 - Round 2, Match 3: Depth Charge vs Waspinator

Depth Charge wins this match by a tight margin, and advances into the Quaterfinals of the Tournament. And I feel I need to make a few comments.

The intent of this Combat Tournament is to be based on that participants' abilities, weapons, and weaknesses, as mentioned in the profiles; it is stated as such in the directions given in the opening blurb for every match. Please bear this in mind, though, because it will come into play for something I have in mind for the tournament final, and possibly also the bonus post-tournament match.

Also, apologies for not coming in yesterday for the "one day left to vote" warning - a bunch of things recently happened on my side that got me really stressed out (hence, why I didn't come in the other day), and they haven't been helped by the pandemic-related issues that have been affecting pretty much everyone in general over the past year. I'm still not settled on my own side - I'm not comfortable discussing it, because it's a personal matter, but for the record, no, I don't have C-19, so I'm still safe. Furthermore, I already feel bad enough that the Tournament game's format requires opening a whole new thread to start a subsequent match; I can't simply reset the poll in the same thread; you can see why in a testing thread I made here.
In any case, I'll still try to keep the Tournament game going however I can, and if there's still interest in playing it. Just kind of having a hard time in the flesh-and-blood world, so I guess we'll see.

The next Round 2 match should begin later tonight.

Creative arts page: Scorpion's Heart Overnight Creations
https://www.facebook.com/ScorpionsHeart.SHOC/

Written works on Archive Of Our Own - ScorpionsHeart
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sc...ScorpionsHeart

Feedback thread: https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=33913

"Study the great, and become greater."
- Michael Jackson
"Who are we, if not measured by our impact on others?"
- Carl Sagan
Outtsyder is offline   Reply With Quote