Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-26-2020, 01:16 AM   #901
Tonestar
Star Seeker
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

TRU.ca still has stock of Siege Starscream available for $19.97 plus Siege Ultra Magnus and Shockwave for $34.97 each, Springer is gone.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #902
ngnaw
Armada

UPDATE:

Ordered and received my 2 shipments from Canpar in about 7 days no mistakes or anything thank god! canpost15 coupon came in handy on reg priced items ( took $5 off each item almost 20% off)

Shipment 1

Trailbreaker
Fasttrack
Exhaust
Zetar

Shipment 2
Sunstreaker 2x
Rotorstorm

Last edited by ngnaw; 11-26-2020 at 04:38 PM.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #903
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Mental impasse.

I bought MPM Ratchet from TRU's website and did curbside pick up at the Vic Park location. He's great!

BUT... I transform him and notice a paint chip at the tip of each foot. There before I even did it as I was super careful. I'm a little picky about things like this but was more or less willing to let it go, but finally I called them and asked if I could do an exchange.

"Sure!" they said. "What is it? Tell us and we'll have it ready for you at the bubble window we set up at the front of the store." I told them and they hung up.

I go there and am promptly told that they aren't doing returns or exchanges. "At least not until December 21," they said optimistically. The odds of the government thinking it's a GOOD idea to lift lockdown right before Christmas when crowds would surge is close to nil.

"You can take it somewhere else," they said.

Pickering doesn't have it. No where close does. Vaughn Mills is my best bet, but it's nearly an hour drive from my home in East York.

Bottom line... is this a big enough deal for me to care about? It was a gift, after all, but an expensive one at that.

Solve my problem, Cybertron.ca! Please!

The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:48 PM   #904
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Mental impasse.

I bought MPM Ratchet from TRU's website and did curbside pick up at the Vic Park location. He's great!

BUT... I transform him and notice a paint chip at the tip of each foot. There before I even did it as I was super careful. I'm a little picky about things like this but was more or less willing to let it go, but finally I called them and asked if I could do an exchange.

"Sure!" they said. "What is it? Tell us and we'll have it ready for you at the bubble window we set up at the front of the store." I told them and they hung up.

I go there and am promptly told that they aren't doing returns or exchanges. "At least not until December 21," they said optimistically. The odds of the government thinking it's a GOOD idea to lift lockdown right before Christmas when crowds would surge is close to nil.

Pickering doesn't have it. No where close does. Vaughn Mills is my best bet, but it's nearly an hour drive from my home in East York.

Bottom line... is this a big enough deal for me to care about? It was a gift, after all, but an expensive one at that.

I would just go to a hobby store to see if you can find a matching paint to touch that up or 1 of those markers.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:19 PM   #905
starsaber89
Generation 2

Mmmm if you plan to display him and never transform him ever then I could see doing an exchange, but if the paint scuffs so easily it's just gonna do it again once you transform the new one. Wait, does he come in vehicle mode or robot mode out of the package? If it's vehicle/alt mode then it might just get scratched again when you try to transform him lol. Feet looks diecast which is why the paint doesn't stick well I think.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:38 PM   #906
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsaber89 View Post
Mmmm if you plan to display him and never transform him ever then I could see doing an exchange, but if the paint scuffs so easily it's just gonna do it again once you transform the new one. Wait, does he come in vehicle mode or robot mode out of the package? If it's vehicle/alt mode then it might just get scratched again when you try to transform him lol. Feet looks diecast which is why the paint doesn't stick well I think.

He comes in vehicle mode. I mostly display but who doesn't enjoy transforming their toys?

And yes, feet are diecast.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #907
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
He comes in vehicle mode. I mostly display but who doesn't enjoy transforming their toys?

And yes, feet are diecast.
In that case, if it were me I wouldn't do an exchange. Too much trouble and I'd want to keep transforming him too.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:46 PM   #908
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Mental impasse.

I feel your pain as it is such an expensive figure that is more collector item versus just a regular Generations figure.

Not worth your time or hassle for the exchange especially in the current climate, consider the marks as giving your ratchet character.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #909
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Mental impasse.

Buy another ratchet and refund the messed up one outside of the GTA/Peel region.

It's a hassle to both your time and bank account or credit card balance, but you get a figure with no damaged paint.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:04 AM   #910
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Paint it problem solved lol.
During a pandemic this is what we have to deal with sad??�� ��

Last edited by alternatorfan; 11-27-2020 at 02:07 AM.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote