Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #11
garu
Generation 2
Re: Wal-Mart's Price Matching Is A Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
That doesn't make sense. If the listing states this:

regular price: $20
Sale: 50% off
sale price: $10

They should be able to price match this, they should match the $10 but they won't. However if it states this:

For some reason they will price match it. It doesn't make any sense. The point of price matching is to get me to shop at your store and not have to hunt around for deals or sales at other stores, thus losing you money. If I can get the item somewhere else at $10 and you're not going to sell it to me at $10 then your whole philosophy and reasoning of price matching breaks down to nothing. It's completely pointless.
TRU and WM pricing are not the same
for instance WM deluxe 20, voyager 35 and leader 55.

TRU deluxe 18 voyager 30 and leader 60.
So they cant pm the percentage since its difference pricing, they have to pm the exact tru price not reducing it from their pwn price since its difference price
garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #12
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
TRU and WM pricing are not the same
for instance WM deluxe 20, voyager 35 and leader 55.

TRU deluxe 18 voyager 30 and leader 60.
So they cant pm the percentage since its difference pricing, they have to pm the exact tru price not reducing it from their pwn price since its difference price
My argument still stands though. I can get it from Toys 'R Us for $10, shouldn't Wal-Mart price match the $10 price? I don't care how Toys 'R Us reached their sale price, that shouldn't matter at all. The fact is they're selling it for $10, other retailers should match that price.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #13
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
My argument still stands though. I can get it from Toys 'R Us for $10, shouldn't Wal-Mart price match the $10 price? I don't care how Toys 'R Us reached their sale price, that shouldn't matter at all. The fact is they're selling it for $10, other retailers should match that price.
MY argument still stands as well. Like I said b4, there are procedures that they have to follow in order to pm. They will pm as long the price is listed with the image and description that match the product they re selling even if there s the percentage. They wont pm if only shows percentage and i explained why. However, what they need in order to pm is the PRICE, date, description of the product, the canadian retailer. As long as u have that u can. U can pm regarless of the percentage as long what i stated is provided. BUT, if u dont have that, then u cant pm. Simple as that.
If u clicked on rodimus linked, u wouldnt b arguing. IT clearly stated this on wm site

We do not honor:"Percent off or dollar off if the item's price cannot be determined independent of other items, fees or charges"

It clearly stated it need the price. I rest my case. Dont blame wm for not pm if u cant follow the rules as stated on the website.

Last edited by garu; 08-27-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #14
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

To me it is a scam as well. We have seen instances reported over the past few years where Walmart would only match a price on the exact toy pictured in the TRU flyer.

We have also seen instances where Walmart would not price match another TRU price because the TRU in question wasn't in their "neighborhood", that type of thing.

Putting something in big print on the front page of a flyer with a "read the fine print on the back of the flyer" message tucked in covertly at the bottom of the ad is very deceiving.

As stated on Walmart.ca it is clear that they can get out of any price match they want to, based on whatever excuse they can come up with. For instance: " Our “local competitors” and ‘identical items’ are determined by us." this is pretty much a get out of jail free card right from their website.

In the end it is clear that they just really don't want to price match with other retailers.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/products/pricing

Note that Walmart.ca doesn't say anything about not matcing percentage off discounts - they just don't want to

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 08-28-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #15
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
MY argument still stands as well. Like I said b4, there are procedures that they have to follow in order to pm. They will pm as long the price is listed with the image and description that match the product they re selling even if there s the percentage. They wont pm if only shows percentage and i explained why. However, what they need in order to pm is the PRICE, date, description of the product, the canadian retailer. As long as u have that u can. U can pm regarless of the percentage as long what i stated is provided. BUT, if u dont have that, then u cant pm. Simple as that.
If u clicked on rodimus linked, u wouldnt b arguing. IT clearly stated this on wm site

We do not honor:"Percent off or dollar off if the item's price cannot be determined independent of other items, fees or charges"

It clearly stated it need the price. I rest my case. Dont blame wm for not pm if u cant follow the rules as stated on the website.
Dude......I understand how their policy works. I'm not arguing the existence of this policy, I'm arguing the logistics of it. I'm well aware it exists, do you blindly follow every rule you're told without asking why?
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #16
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
Dude......I understand how their policy works. I'm not arguing the existence of this policy, I'm arguing the logistics of it. I'm well aware it exists, do you blindly follow every rule you're told without asking why?
U might not b arguing about how it worK's. With ur statement, it seems u like to bend the rules that is already there. Theres no point in arguing further if u tend to bend everything for ur favor and blindly not seeing the rules.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #17
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

It is good to discuss this as others may not be aware of their policies, and everyone has their own opinions

So without sounding or trying to nitpick this, or you. It's not a scam, they do price match, I know what your getting at though. It may however bordering on a sham.

I will agree with you that it's not a black and white PM, and actually most stores do price match. Most companies always have conditions on this kind off stuff, you just have to know them all thats all.

I have gotten PM'd one time and the next I haven't for the same % off. I even got them to price match there own website price, which was more expensive in the store, win win for me.

I would just keep trying, if they don't price match something I will sometimes just say I don't want it then. If it's a just a few dollars I may not bother because TRU is farther away for me.

scam (skăm) Informal
n.
A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.

sham
SHam/Submit
noun
a thing that is not what it is purported to be

As always the the only way you can protest is not shop there.

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:44 PM   #18
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
U might not b arguing about how it worK's. With ur statement, it seems u like to bend the rules that is already there. Theres no point in arguing further if u tend to bend everything for ur favor and blindly not seeing the rules. I already made my point and no need to waste more time.
Feel free to bend the rules however u want. But don't complain and blame them for not following the procedures.

Last edited by garu; 08-28-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #19
wannablackbee
Generation 1

My wife is an expert at this. She does coupons. She got me CW wave 2 limbs price matched at walmart. Her advice is pick the right cashier. After all, they are human being like us. If you come at the right moment, they might feel good and do you a favor.

A month later, i got motormaster matched with the paper flyer stating the percentage. But was lucky because the flyer showed and example. And the example was saying regular price 29,99$ but sale price 22,47$. The cashier accepted.
wannablackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:59 AM   #20
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
That doesn't make sense. If the listing states this:

Sale: 50% off

They should be able to price match this, they should match the $10 but they won't. However if it states this:

For some reason they will price match it. It doesn't make any sense. The point of price matching is to get me to shop at your store and not have to hunt around for deals or sales at other stores, thus losing you money. If I can get the item somewhere else at $10 and you're not going to sell it to me at $10 then your whole philosophy and reasoning of price matching breaks down to nothing. It's completely pointless.
That's lousy how more info kills the match deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
I usually use the Mcdonald's WI-FI so if they really want to see dates they can.
Oh, that's brilliant!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote