Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-06-2017, 01:11 AM   #31
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Did TR have fewer redecos/retools than usual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post
Titans Return Broadside is apparently a retool of Alpha Trion. Yes. Seriously. Look into it.
A retool means one toy is based off another. Hasbro said this line was built and designed alltogether so both Broadside and Alpha Trion toys were made at the same time and thus we cant say ones a retool of the other. They share parts, sure, but you cant say ones a retool of the other if they were designed at the same time (same thing with Scourge and Highbrow)
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:18 AM   #32
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
A retool means one toy is based off another. Hasbro said this line was built and designed alltogether so both Broadside and Alpha Trion toys were made at the same time and thus we cant say ones a retool of the other. They share parts, sure, but you cant say ones a retool of the other if they were designed at the same time (same thing with Scourge and Highbrow)
But I did not say it was a retool!

I said it was APPARENTLY a retool!

Anyway, I think people understand what I meant what I said retool, in spite of the figures' origins. Alpha Trion was released first, and Broadside much later, so "retool" is as good of a word as any. I think it's pretty novel information and pretty creative that they turned a lion/spaceship into a plane/aircraft carrier. Most people would probably not believe it unless it was pointed out how.

If you can track down a source on that information about how the line was all designed at the same time, I would love to see it. It'd be interesting to go back now that the line is basically done.

Sayonara.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #33
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post
But I did not say it was a retool!

I said it was APPARENTLY a retool!

Anyway, I think people understand what I meant what I said retool, in spite of the figures' origins. Alpha Trion was released first, and Broadside much later, so "retool" is as good of a word as any. I think it's pretty novel information and pretty creative that they turned a lion/spaceship into a plane/aircraft carrier. Most people would probably not believe it unless it was pointed out how.

If you can track down a source on that information about how the line was all designed at the same time, I would love to see it. It'd be interesting to go back now that the line is basically done.

Sayonara.
Or even then you have an obvious case where Megatron/Optimus Prime were clearly Blitzwing and Octane, simply that Hasbro chose to release the "repaints" first.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote