Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2023, 12:14 PM   #3381
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haricot11 View Post
I'm extremely upset, I had it in my cart but it didn't let me check out for about 10 minutes. And now, its out of stock again. Getting this thing is turning out to be a nightmare...
On Amazon Japan, you can preorder the Studio Series version of the figure:
Transformers SS-122 Optimus Prime https://amzn.asia/d/4PFWgpi

It's definitely more than the Buzzworthy figure, but you can save yourself the hassle of trying to find it (or just preorder and cancel it if you find the Buzzworthy one in-store).

The other option is to wait for the North America release of Studio Series 122 ROTB Prime. It's definitely coming out, you'd just have to wait.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 02:29 PM   #3382
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2 View Post
i saw 2 armada primes this past week at local TRU, but gone today.
SS86 Magnus is on the website and is listed for local pickup.

I just picked up the nemesis ship for 202+tax.
I just came back from my local TRU and there was an Armada Optimus Prime, but I skipped in the end and bought an Guardian Robot instead.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 04:50 PM   #3383
one2
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patate View Post
I just came back from my local TRU and there was an Armada Optimus Prime, but I skipped in the end and bought an Guardian Robot instead.
either would be a good choice. I have both and they are fun toys, especially with the coupon and sale.

if there's no limit on the coupon and your wallet can take the hit, I'd suggest having both. the sale is still on till end of tomorrow...

I wish the latest MPM Bonecrusher was also available for the sale, but I'm happy with what I got.
one2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 05:06 PM   #3384
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

I just ended up using mine for Antagony since my local store amhas very little stock. No regrets though as its still a good mold, love the color scheme and still the most expressive figure you can find.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 07:23 PM   #3385
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Anyone else notice this "refund value" on TRU receipts?

I noticed this when I bought some stuff this weekend at the new location. Is this something they have been doing for awhile? I have never noticed it before.

At first I thought it was just the price adjusted during the sale, but the numbers don't seem to add up to any combination of the discounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231014_055500351.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	53990  

Last edited by canprime; 10-14-2023 at 07:26 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 09:29 PM   #3386
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

I noticed this when I bought some stuff this weekend at the new location. Is this something they have been doing for awhile? I have never noticed it before.

At first I thought it was just the price adjusted during the sale, but the numbers don't seem to add up to any combination of the discounts.
Sometimes when your using coupons or bogo deals they apply the total savings and spread it out across all items.
The savings amount is is prorated so the more expensive items will appear more discounted.

*** some stores had 10% off storewide to celebrate some of their new stores opening. Looks like it stacked the 25% off on top

Last edited by Yonoid; 10-14-2023 at 09:41 PM.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 10:35 PM   #3387
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Sometimes when your using coupons or bogo deals they apply the total savings and spread it out across all items.
The savings amount is is prorated so the more expensive items will appear more discounted.

*** some stores had 10% off storewide to celebrate some of their new stores opening. Looks like it stacked the 25% off on top

I guess it must be the prorated thing because I did try calculating with different percentage totals (50% with coupon, 60%, 35%, 25%) and none of them worked out to the refund value.

Good to know either way.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 08:25 AM   #3388
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2 View Post
either would be a good choice. I have both and they are fun toys, especially with the coupon and sale.

if there's no limit on the coupon and your wallet can take the hit, I'd suggest having both. the sale is still on till end of tomorrow...

I wish the latest MPM Bonecrusher was also available for the sale, but I'm happy with what I got.
I'm actually glad the coupon is limited to one use cause I kind of went overboard this month with this and the Amazon Prime days. I also bought some toys and TCG before that, so now till the end of this month, no more toy related stuff.

Funny you mentioned a MPM cause the TRU I went, they had a MPM Black at 179.98 that will be awesome with the coupon, but it ended with 8 in the price so it's excluded.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 08:44 AM   #3389
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Smells to me like they are telling you up front "if you attempt to return this to store, this is all you're getting back"
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 09:35 AM   #3390
Malechai
Machine War

I got one of these 25% off codes for 1 item and it has to be used today before it expires - anyone want it?

/edit - since no takers so far, just gonna paste it here so it hopefully gets used: OCT23RCLUB-5H6T29V4VN

Last edited by Malechai; 10-15-2023 at 01:00 PM.
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote