Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
Obliterator999
Generation 2
Obliterator999's Ebay Auctions
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

My dealings on Kijiji have been mostly great. I found my kitty there, a PS2 + a nice bundle of games for a great price... my car even! Also sold some stuff like old comic books.

Other times it's not so great. Personally I prefer dealing through emails at first, that way I can gather all my thoughts and questions, it gives me some time to think also, but a lot of people wants none of that and only want to chat by phone. I feel more pressured when doing that, I forget half the stuff I wanna ask and haggling is more touchy as well.

Emails are in no way perfect either (and this is true for forums too). Sometimes I'll ask a seller or a buyer the same question over and over again and never get a clear answer. I made a trade a while back and asked the other party a few questions and everytime he would answer with a pm containing barely 3 words (which usually had nothing to do with my questions). This baffles me! Why would you not want, when dealing with money or goods, to be PERFECTLY CLEAR with the other party about every single details!
Obliterator999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I usually only tend to deal with people on Kijji that send me legible emails.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
I usually only tend to deal with people on Kijji that send me legible emails.
That's pretty much the rule I go by.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #14
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I've been lucky so for. Had 3 TF dealings I can recall and all were quick and informative. One was with a toy dealer, so he was always very detailed with his answers and offered nice bulk deals. Another was a former collector who was done with collecting, so again was detailed and honoured the first come first serve rule as someone did offer higher but he gave it to me, very cool of him. And last, another collector just clearing out doubles, gave me enough info in the email for me to come get them but upon arrival he discovered some damage to one of the TF's so he gave it to me free.

A none TF dealing, this time for TMNT stuff for my son. Some teenager was selling off his old toys so he could go party that night. Got the 2003 turtle lair, 100% complete and mint. It goes for a pretty penny nowadays but I got it, plus 10 figures for $15. For a kid he was fairly competent in his email responses, he just wanted a quick sale and I was happy to help him get rid of it. He coulda got a lot more for it and partied harder I'm sure :P
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #15
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Its awsome to see that people are having great experinces. Its what I remember back when I first started using kijiji before it became popular. You use to beable to drop hundreds of dollars on stuff with ease in a night or a week. It was simple as breathing. You email the person, get a number, call them, arrange a time to meet. Bang you were there, you looked through there stuff, then you drop the cash. I remember going out some nights once I recieved the call, the deal was done in less then an hour.

It was a golden age. The only deals I get close to that are yardsale or fleamarkets now. I think part of the problem, is simple. People at first saw it as an online yardsale, then they saw them as miniture stores. So instead of getting that $5 for a buck they want $4. Plus if you list it, your getting all the call centre people killing time between calls. Resulting in wasting our time.

I do believe the finacial crisis in the usa that spelt over into canada really changed the buying methodology. Most people have lost the talent of bartar and trade. Its a lost art in western society. Its a shame really.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

It's funny talking about making a deal and then the person says oh I sold it..... I've had that happen on the site a bunch of times sadly and that really pisses me off. Especially when I've told the person I'm taking it. REALLY ANNOYING.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
TFtoys
Animated

I do have some pretty good lowball experience. Sometimes I might bring more items since the buyers request to see more relative stuffs. People might ask "could I have the one that we talked about and the other big guy + some bonus minicon?" all in the same price of the single item. Or want me to bring what I have and show me the wallet " I only have this much" and he would like to take them all...
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #18
CBII
Animated

I personally haven't had bad experiences with anything I've wanted to buy. One guy annoyed me a bit but minor considering I was getting some classics for next to nothing.

The thing that pisses me off is someone emails you asking if it's available and makes an offer. I respond asap accepting there offer and never here from them again. Why make an offer if you don't want to buy it.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #19
chans formers
raff ow roud

never have,and from some of these stories on here i probably never will try kijiji.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #20
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I've gotten nothing but good deals and have had solid transactions of Kijiji. I wouldn't let one rotten egg spoil the dozen.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote