Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #31
dOubleO
Generation 1
Re: the difintive lion force voltron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
That is crazy and must have taken forever to create. You cannot fully appreciate it until you've looked at all the photos of the tiny, individual parts, all paper - just one joint is made up of over a dozen pieces glued together, I'm assuming for added strength. Check them out here: http://lih203.blogspot.ca/
WOW...That's freaking awesome.

Reminds me of the guy who does amazing paper craft.

Check his Gundam

http://visualspicer.com/7ft-gundam/
dOubleO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #32
johndclayton
Generation 1

HOW THE FLIPING HELL DID THAT GUY MANAGE TO COME UP WITH ALL THAT DETAIL WORK FOR EVERY SINGLE PIECE ?

GOD DAMN THAT IS BEYOND AWESOME

THIS GUY MUST BUILD THEM AS ACTUAL FIGURES I DONT CARE IF HE HAS TO SELL HIS IDEA TO ONE OF THOSE 3RD PARTY GROUPS THAT MAKE FIGURES AND SETS BUILT BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #33
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: was megatron bleeding to death in the 80's animated movie?

I just figured that Megatron would have drifted through space forever until he cratered on a planet or drifted into a star.

I got the impression that the Decepticons left their dead at Autobot City, those that got to Astrotrain were just really banged up and in serious need of repair, but still alive. Megatron was a little more banged up, unable to get back to Astrotrain, but still very much alive. He was also unable to defend himself when Starscream tossed him out into space (also notice how not even Soundwave protested to that, knowing full well that Megatron still functioned? So much for loyalty...). Starscream wouldn't have tossed Megatron out if he were going to die. It'd be an easier transition for Starscream if Megatron died on Cybertron, or on the way. Nope, tossed him out to remove the obstacle.

Unicron could have just let Megatron float away and die later, after aeons of floating. But no, he was going to kill Megatron, so he wasn't as near death's door as we were lead to believe.

I think the big reason Optimus Prime "died" was because Perceptor lacked the skill and ability to fix him while he still functioned. Ratchet and Wheeljack might have been able to, though, but I'd say unlikely. He was entombed because something must have fried his internal systems and mind, resulting in the "burnt to a crisp" fade to black. Cybertronians lacked the ability to repair that kind of damage. Before, when he was disassembled by Megatron to make that alligator and other stuff, he still lived. So its got to be something different and severe.

It took the Quintesson level of skill and ability and technology to repair/rebuild whatever went wrong (and paint him) just enough to pull off some scheme. He still wasn't fully good to go, and I'd say they mainly used a duct-tape solution. When he ceased to be useful and started to exhibit more free will than they wanted him to, they pulled the plug. Then, when humans recovered his corpse (now partially repaired) they mucked around trying to make him into a puppet, but STILL couldn't quite get to making him a pilotable mecha. We know that was possible from the episode with Old Snake. So yeah, something very much seriously wrong.

Took a Quintesson scientist to completely and finally fix him up after that, and even then it was iffy.

So yeah, something went seriously wrong with Optimus Prime during and after that fight. Who knows, he might have been doomed even before Hotrod rushed in.

Here's another theory, what if Optimus Prime was already in the process of death at the start of the movie? Something changed to make a big push to re-take Cybertron right then. Maybe Optimus Prime knew there'd be the greatest chance for success while he was still alive. Maybe something Optimus Prime needed to stay alive was on one of Cybertron's moons (where there was plenty of Cybertronian tech). Maybe its why he knew that he needed to give his all to defeat Megatron when he landed on Earth. He wasn't throwing his life away, he was already one foot in the grave. Another reason Kup told Hotrod this was Prime's fight, he knew it might have been his last, win or lose.

Last edited by Shepp; 10-12-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #34
joshimus
Metroplex

WOW! I would LOVE to own a more beefy and mechanical looking Voltron set like that. I love the lions look. More aggressive, Sleek, nice design. Hopefully with the potential of the live action movie, maybe we'll see something just as cool...though considering we wont likely see the new cancelled animated TV version of the redesigned Voltron...I won't hold my breath. I really wanted that one too. I like it more than Mattycollectors version (which Black lion I think is up today actually)
Oh well.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #35
johndclayton
Generation 1
does anybody remember this custom devastator?

a while back i remember seeing a custom constructicon devastator combiner set someone had bashed together over time

im not quite sure if i saw it on the forums at tfw2005, seibertron.com, the allspark.com or sector 70

but i do know that the lower arms were built in such a way that the lower arms had what looked like a set of tank treadsbuilt into the sides of the lower arms

basicly the lower arms seved as some kind of treaded drill vehicle when not being used as devastators lower arms in combiner form

you know how the lower arms work on maketoys giant the way the lower arms can fold open with the hand storing away inside the lower arm

well thats how the arms were built on this custom kitbashed devastator.

but the hands could be pluged in and out of the wrists of the lower arms on the custom built devastator and the wrists worked in such away that the wrists doubled as rotating joints for a set of drills built onto them which rotated out of the lower arm by the wrist joint when the drills would be used in place of the hands

while the hands could be stored away inside of the hollowed out lower arms sandwhiched inside of the top and bottom halves of the lower arms when the drills were bing used in place ofthe hands

like i said its been a while since i saw pictures of this particuler custom devastator and it was a year or so before tfc toys and maketoys came out with hercules and giant
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #36
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: does anybody remember this custom devastator?

Was it completely custom, or just custom parts for a G1 Devastator?

If completely custom, can you describe the torso or at least how big it was?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #37
johndclayton
Generation 1

totally custom built generation 1 style devastator

only other thing i remember is that it was built using the rid build team among other figures and parts

but it was really damn inventive though how the lower arms were buitl to dobule as treaded drill tanks though and the way it was thought out for the drills to fold up and store away inside the lower arms hollowed out insides
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #38
chans formers
raff ow roud

it's not this one is it?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #39
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Sector70 has a great refrence library including a library of the bash, I would search/view the Devastator section.

http://www.sector70.com/forum/photo....page=2&asort=1
Old 10-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #40
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
it's not this one is it?
*snip*
Now where have I seen that before...

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote