Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #11
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Does Masterpiece supply meet demand?

Is this really a discussion topic?

Clearly the answer is no

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
hugh_da_man
Armada

Usually they don't meet demand so they have the ability to re-release them.

MP-10 will get another 2 releases at least.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post

Clearly the answer is no
+1

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
Hellboy
Alternator

I'm certain the Hasbro MP will continue to be an issue year-to-year simply because it's hard for Hasbro to figure out what will be popular. They obviously low-balled MP-10 because of the so many previous Optimus MPs and did not foresee the huge demand. The skipped on Starscream for the same reason I'm sure and gave us another seeker thinking it would be popular. Duh.

I think it's just the shortage of MP-10 that has created a speculated panic. I think Hasbro is going the route of pre-orders to determine quantities this time around. I'm sure a certain number were produced for storefronts but the later shipments will most likely be a result of the demand for pre-orders. They've pulled the pre-orders (for now) certainly to ensure the production numbers. Left-overs (if any) from the pre-orders will show up at retail eventually.

I don't think there needs to be any panic anymore unless you don't happen to have the internet or some form of online payment. Store-front might be tough to get your hands on but the first shipment was just for hype and there will be more soon.

Also, hopefully the online availability of the MPs this time around will reduce the profitability of scalping since they are so easy to come by and reduce the number of people clearing the shelves for Kijiji/Craigslist/eBay.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Markymark09
Beast Machine

i would like to think that they learned they lesson. look at all the previous mp's including mp-10, they are all re-releasing them. mp-10, red alert, sideswipe. i think that the mp's are doing well that hasbro and TT are trying to sell as much as possible
Markymark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
Sokar
Armada

I think it's really hard to say any of the mp figures have really been shelf warmers. Rodimus was probably one of the least sought after sure, but I don't think after seeing the way that toys like platinum Magnus, many of the legion class play sets, or particularly the Optimus Maximus abomination have sat on the shelves that anyone could really argue that the mp line has had some real shelf warmers
Old 08-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #17
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Depends on the character and so far the run has been limited in terms of mold selection but it is getting better. There's a ton of MP Primes out there it just depends on the version you want with the newest being the hardest to get. As for shelf warming I can say not too many have warmed real hard. I did pick up my MP Grimlock at TRU when it was out the week before Christmas in 2010 on sale, would that be considered shelf warming since it's release date? MP Skywarp at my local Walmart hit clearance for $25 that for sure warmed my shelves here and I still didn't buy it because I just wasn't into it.

I think it's a fine balance between supply and demand that yes is hard for the retailers and Hasbro to nail down because they do got to produce the toys so far ahead of being released for market. In my opinion I'm in favour of the retailers and Hasbro making/release smaller batches of toys more frequently than the mess we had with DOTM/Prime Bumblebee. Just have patience the toys will come.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
deagle7000
Transform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
The Hasbro releases of MP-10 Prime and Thundercracker answer that question pretty well. Let's hope MP Soundwave onward vastly improve upon and resolve that issue.

So far I've seen every previous MP on the shelf and they sat there for a bit. Gimlock and Rodimus where there for a while but my TRU only got a couple. Thundercracker was there forever and went on sale a bunch of times before he finally sold out. I know most people had a hard time getting Prime but I thankfully had a new store open and they had like 30. I picked up a few and it took them like two weeks to sell out. Even the main store here had him on the shelf for about a week. The problem with MP Prime in Canada is that he was only $99, most of us got him 30% off, and there was only one shipment. When you can buy 3 for a little over $200 and then resell just one for that much people are going to grab him. In the states his price went up to $120 right away and then $145 in some areas and they got multiple shipments. TRU stores all over the US had him shelf warming for months.

Last edited by deagle7000; 08-31-2013 at 10:04 PM.
deagle7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #19
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post

Clearly the answer is no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
+1
+2

i don't know where you find these magical stores that have shelf-warming mps, all the ones around here always sell out in a few days or less! grrrrrrrrr

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
+2

i don't know where you find these magical stores that have shelf-warming mps, all the ones around here always sell out in a few days or less! grrrrrrrrr
That was Ottawa. TRU near me printed out their shipment and Ottawa got massive shipments for their two new TRU's. Where everyone else was getting 2-6' those two stores were allocated 20.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote