Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like most or hate least?
Armada/ Micron Legend 6 13.04%
Energon/Superlink 5 10.87%
Cybertron/Galaxy Force 19 41.30%
Never watched them...yet 0 0%
G1 FOREVER!!!! 16 34.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least?

Energon, just because of the combining.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #12
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Energon, just because of the combining.
See, I actually didn't mind the combining in Energon...as I'm a sucker for big combining robots.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Cybertron all the way

XD the toys were the best of the three...the story was a little more easy to follow...and Prime was badass xD
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
Protoman
The Legend

Problem #1. Anyone who saw these in their stateside runs (Dub). BIG MISTAKE. Yes granted Micron Legend (Armada here) was only in R2 DVDs for a select few (Yours truly), Superlink is tough to find online (Energon) and ditto for Cybertron (Galaxy Force), but honestly, I don't think you can hold an opinion till you see it in it's original form. It's like judging Beast Wars based on it's Japanese dub. That's just....... wrong.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 04-09-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
Unicrons_Domain
Banned

G1 love all the way! The Original G1 Unicron is the greatest. The animation in the G1 cartoon movie was amazing (especailly for 1986). And Unicrons overall character presence was epic. The feeling with the G1 movie was one of utter amazment and took our imaginations away to new heights with this planet devouring entity. Crazy!

Last edited by Unicrons_Domain; 04-09-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Unicrons_Domain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I voted G1 because that's what I grew up on and still love and cherish to this day. I know that every generation has it's own TFs, but G1 is the one that still feels the most like Transformers to me. And the 86 movie is still one of my all time favorite movies ever made (Go GMfan, laugh. You know you want to). Animated or otherwise.

Out of AEC, I don't know... I actually enjoyed Cybertron. actually grew to enjoy watching it on Friday evenings. Something about it just made me feel like I was watching Reboot, Beast Wars or Shadow Raiders again. I guess I could best discribe Cybertron as a guilty pleasure.

I want to like Armada and Energon but they just don't do it for me. I did like Armada more than Energon, though. But my desire to watch them was based entirely on Demolisher. I don't know why but he was my favorite character in those series. I guess I kind of related to him somehow. I was really loving his story in Energon because he was the most interesting and likable character in it. I really wanted to see how he would come to terms with his conflictions and how he would grow as a character... Then they ruined him and I dropped the series all together. But Snowcat rocks!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #17
Nocturn
Previously Dead

I'm not really sure why G1 is in the poll. It's kind of unrelated, and of course people will vote for it. If you're going to put G1 in, you might as well put everything in and call it "what's your favorite tf show?" It defeats the purpose of doing an AEC poll...
Old 04-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #18
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

nocturn's right, it was easy to pick g1 out of that list, but i have only seen cybertron a little, and couldn't stand it

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

well I picked G1 because I absolutely HATE the episodes of all three equally!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #20
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I'm sorry I can not tell you that, for you see I love all Transformers cartoons equally and will watch them as often as I can. (I'm not paying 107$ for Armada on DVD though, crazy Asian Import store.)

I still need all of the Unicron Trilogy, both sets from Animated and numerous other DVDs... I am sorely dissapointed with the distribution of Energon, Cybertron and Animated... It's like all they care about is making more money off G1 when we've already bought the thing. (Ok so I'm buying the Matrix box set as soon as I can from HMV or Amazon... Whichever one is cheaper. But still...)

So therefore I can not answer your question in this poll. For me all three shows have equal merits. Armada is an interesting and enjoyable show despite it's flaws. Energon can be fun when you watch it in one sitting and don't break it up from one week to the next. (Probably why I lost some interest in the series when YTV was first airing it, as stand alone episodes Energon is definietly Meh, but add them all together and it's like you're watching an epic adventure. Confusing epic adventure due to conflicting bits of dialogue from episode to episode, but still epic.) And Cybertron... As soon as I heard that new take on the classic theme I was hooked. (Kind of like Animated really.)

That plus unlike Energon you could actually follow the series flow-wise and even though they kind of made a questionable decision with the first two episodes originally... That was gratifyingly fixed by the end of the series.
Plus how can you not like Lori's and Scourge's relationship? Or Lori's and Override's for that matter.

Another good thing about Energon. Despite being repetetive that music they played every time the Decepticons were around and winning just sticks in your head. DAH, DAH... DAH, DAH, DAH! DUH, DUH... DUH, DUH, DUH!