Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #561
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Because it is only a pre-order, it seems unlikely that they would have tomorrow's 25% off registering for it anyways.

We'll see obviously, but I would hardly be counting on it, as pre-orders (say video game in store) normally wouldn't be applicable for a sale on at the time the pre-order is made.
Why ask when you can find out midnight tonight?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #562
flareblitz007
Generation 1

That's great that they are allowing preorders again, but it doesn't make sense why more preorders are opening up when previous orders aren't even being fulfilled yet.
flareblitz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #563
Aras
Generation 1

Right now, I am happy I could preorder this time with money from my paypal that finally transferred from my bank account. I now have a preorder! If this works I will be so happy for my bro!
Aras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #564
freakx2001
Transformers Animated
freakx2001's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareblitz007 View Post
That's great that they are allowing preorders again, but it doesn't make sense why more preorders are opening up when previous orders aren't even being fulfilled yet.
I find this weird as well. Do they really have that much stock?

These things are starting to show up in stores, but still haven't been mailed out yet?
freakx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #565
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Sounds like many don't trust these preorder. Well, just keep on wasting gas searching for those who don't trust TRU.. I don't have that much time or money to waste on hunting a MP Soundwave. I am all depending on TRU.ca right now. I am not paying money and wasting time for all these frustration like some of you. It is just a toy for me, maybe is is gold for some of you, haha
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #566
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakx2001 View Post
I find this weird as well. Do they really have that much stock?

These things are starting to show up in stores in painfully low numbers, but still haven't been mailed out yet?
Fixed that for ya.

FYI, it has been theorized that limited stock for MP SW at TrU's brick and mortar locations is a result of warehouse stock being reserved to fill all the on-line pre-orders, with order fulfillment being delayed by the processing of the (improperly used) 'BABIES10' coupon that many used during their on-line transaction.

Availability of this second round of stock was also predicted, along with another re-stock in November thanks to fellow boardie 'laffy'.

All hail laffy.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #567
megaman
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Fixed that for ya.

FYI, it has been theorized that limited stock for MP SW at TrU's brick and mortar locations is a result of warehouse stock being reserved to fill all the on-line pre-orders, with order fulfillment being delayed by the processing of the (improperly used) 'BABIES10' coupon that many used during their on-line transaction.

Availability of this second round of stock was also predicted, along with another re-stock in November thanks to fellow boardie 'laffy'.
I call BS on you and him. Originally he says that it would come out on Aug 7. Then when it didn't he started going off on how it was because TRU wanted to hold it until after the Hasbro coupon was done. Then when it came out in BC he started saying the coupon was an Ontario thing. Now that TRU is accepting the coupon he's started going off on the other coupon. He may have been right for something a long time ago but everything he's said in the past month is pure speculation.

FYI I've been following the TFW board and the second shipment has been known long before it was posted here.
megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #568
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I believe the person that told us of the restock of MP soundwave was my good friend from BKCollectables.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #569
steamwhistle
Crossover

Hopefully everyone gets one (or 2 as one might want)... Otherwise, if there is overstock and a ridiculous amount of returns, this could be bad for future Masterpiece releases (as another board member, CPrime, mentioned), as TRU (or other retailer) might cut back to ordering MP-10-like quantities next time.

It would be interesting to know how many people placed orders, and what quantity has been ordered.

As of right now, pre-orders are still available on the Canadian .ca webSite. The US .com webSite seems to indicate that MP SoundWave is not available.

Let's get nerdy:
A standard 40' Hanjin shipping container has interior dimensions of 473.5" x 92.3" x 93.6".
MP Soundwave's box dimensions are 13.7" x 13.7" x 6.5".
Essentially, one could fit a maximum of 2856 MP SoundWaves in a single standard 40' Hanjin shipping container.
Almost 950 different members have visited the Cybertron.ca messageboards this week. Everyone could order the maximum of 3 and there would be enough to go around.

(yes, there are other boards and other people ordering too...)

Now, if they would have shipped him in Cassette Player mode and made the box smaller...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #570
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I believe the person that told us of the restock of MP soundwave was my good friend from BKCollectables.
All hail your good friend from BKCollectables too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
It would be interesting to know how many people placed orders, and what quantity has been ordered.
Pre-ordered 1 on August 5th, then "found" 1 in-store soon after so my pre-order goes to a fellow boardie at cost with the 25% off discount applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman View Post
I call BS on you and him...
Oh gee, this must have fallen off the wall. I'll put it back up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
This thread is looking kinda sparse.

Let's decorate!

Ahhh....that's better.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 08-22-2013 at 05:39 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote