Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Slow sales lately

Who else who's been actively selling over the last few years have noticed that sales are extremely slow and less frequent this year compared to past years?

I attribute it to the huge amount of expensive 3rd party items, along with all the new/upcoming Hastak MPs. Everyone's saving up money for them as opposed to buying older stuff, that was previously highly sought after.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Slow sales lately

My situation is different, I'm not saving money for 3rd parties. It's just that I bought a lot in the past few years, now I pretty much have all the old stuffs I want. And because I have so many toys it makes me don't want to buy more, unless it's something I really want.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Markusmaxmus
Beasty
Markusmaxmus's Ebay Auctions

I have started focusing on buying MP and Voyager class to legends. Plus I'm kinda holding out to add on to my house too
Old 12-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

I believe that it more than likely is due to the 3rd party stuff as well as MP's
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
CKWG
Masterpiece

I notice sales have slowed bit by bit ever since around 2012 or so. Ya stuff getting too expensive from 3P and MPs, and most ppl are collecting those nowadays instead of other stuff.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
My situation is different, I'm not saving money for 3rd parties. It's just that I bought a lot in the past few years, now I pretty much have all the old stuffs I want. And because I have so many toys it makes me don't want to buy more, unless it's something I really want.
This my situation too.

I get the feeling there isn't a large influx of new blood getting into TF collecting right now too. That's were the demand for older suff will probably come from.

Collectors who have been around a while probably have a lot of what they're looking for already, so that market isn't really there any more.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #7
Hellboy
Alternator

I've bought very little in the past year and even worse... I haven't felt like I've missed out.
The market has been ruined with the Movie TF lines... 90% of it is garbage based on garbage movies and it has clogged the shelves since the first release. Hasbro has dropped the ball on their TF strategy. Movies come and movies go and kids don't obtain any emotional attachment to the characters (especially when they suck) and it's just one more watered-down reiteration to muddy the franchise. They keep re-booting the story and there isn't even enough time between reboots for anyone to acquire nostalgia.
I say go back to G1. G1 story. G1 characters and stick with it. Hell, take the original show and just 3D animate it. Use the dialogue already in place and just make it look good. And stick with it. Forget the movies.

Bring it full circle. Re-Unite the collectors. Until all are one.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Small talk here, but even my personal sales thread isn't working! How are your's doing?

I'm selling for lower than the market price and still continue to discount month after month. At that rate, a financially disadvantage kid will get my toys for free before a buyer; I'll just give them!
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #9
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

I wonder if sales are low in part due to how MANY people are selling stuff/paring down their collection these days. There's a lot of them.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:24 AM   #10
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
I wonder if sales are low in part due to how MANY people are selling stuff/paring down their collection these days. There's a lot of them.
That's a fact, we're a tonne! I am already happy not to have a lot for sale. Choosing wisely means a better investment.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote