Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-31-2015, 02:53 PM   #181
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Costco news

Please try and keep this conversation polite

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:02 PM   #182
papavader
Beer Keg Combiner
Cool Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Costco news

Well there will be at least two more Devy in Laval's Costco since me and my friend have both got it elsewhere. Anyway, Enstein, Thanks for doing this, a lot of peeps are happy with the info (factual and inside) you provided.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:45 PM   #183
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothyg35 View Post
So I already bought mine online via Walmart at $179.99.

I'm on the fence on whether I should wait till Costco gets them; cause at least you have 3 months to return things to Walmart.

Also - my location in Brossard, Quebec was not on the list on the first page of this thread. And I'm not sure I want to wait 3 months to see if they may or may not get it.

I guess I should just bite the bullet and enjoy my Combiner Wars Devy .... What do you guys think ??
Most retail have 45-90 days "guidelines" on returning items.

Hope that helps.

CBC also once helped on how to be that smooth guy.

http://youtu.be/GceB3EqhW0g

If you feel bad about it here's something that would help you not feel bad about it.

http://youtu.be/dLGcI0PtE2k

It's business you don't have to take it personally.

My answer: enjoy Devi now and be smooth and savy consumer.

Last edited by Buhawi; 07-31-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:58 PM   #184
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
If your telling me that the one store in St. John's outsells all three stores in Winnipeg combined and all three stores in the Vancouver area combined then I will take you at your word.

You, and others, are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. I'm not saying what your telling us is wrong, not at all - I am being critical of Costco's decision making process because I believe what you are telling us is correct(which has nothing to do with you personally).

I am not being critical of you. I have every right to be critical of Costco. Understanding the reasoning/business model for their wonky distribution doesn't change my opinions in anyway.

"Because Costco said so" is in not a reason to suddenly applaud them for skipping half the country with this product.

Onward...........

Here is the response via email from Costco which reiterates some of what Einstein kindly shared with us, but also says that the item will be available online:
Ahhh, then please excuse my misunderstanding of what you meant and thank you for letting us know about online, I was not aware of that.

Oh let me edit in to add, Costco.ca does include shipping with nearly, if not every, product sold on the site. You can also shop online without a membership I think.

Oh yeah, and Robimus I agree with you on how Costco does distribution, it's retarded.

Last edited by Einstein; 07-31-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:56 AM   #185
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post

What I can tell you all is Devastator is a TEST item and if it does well, then maybe next year if Hasbro has another Titan sized figure more locations will get him. But obviously Metroplex did not sell as well as had been hoped so this time fewer locations are getting the next big TF. Because Metroplex was available in more stores than Devastator is going to be.
i'm gonna go ahead and say this is where Costco was flawed in their "testing".
maybe if there was more metroplex's in "each" store,and not a pallet here,a pallet there in random locations across the country,they would have actually sold more,thereby affecting their "testing".
I know for a fact they didn't make it here to Calgary when the demand was there,but low and behold,they get a monster pallet of the fugly aoe leader class bumblebee not long ago....
in the end,the way most people see it is proper "distribution" is key.
I understand smaller cities not getting them,but to ship it all only to the bigger cities,even then going by previous testing was a flaw.before metroplex was in Costco's,the last tf's they had was the two pack voyager set of dotm shockwave and greywave.....which im gonna guess sold not too well...
Old 08-01-2015, 01:29 AM   #186
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
does Costco offer free shipping ?
Not always. Sometimes shipping is built into the online price. Shipping is damn fast though. I guess we won't know until it's listed. This is very cool that it will be available online though. Usually in-store items aren't.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #187
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i'm gonna go ahead and say this is where Costco was flawed in their "testing".
maybe if there was more metroplex's in "each" store,and not a pallet here,a pallet there in random locations across the country,they would have actually sold more,thereby affecting their "testing".
I know for a fact they didn't make it here to Calgary when the demand was there,but low and behold,they get a monster pallet of the fugly aoe leader class bumblebee not long ago....
in the end,the way most people see it is proper "distribution" is key.
I understand smaller cities not getting them,but to ship it all only to the bigger cities,even then going by previous testing was a flaw.before metroplex was in Costco's,the last tf's they had was the two pack voyager set of dotm shockwave and greywave.....which im gonna guess sold not too well...
So far, I do like Costco's Rotisserie chicken. Juiciest among the stores.

Also there are other stores, again TRU did match the initial costco price by reducing it during the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riders80 View Post
I remember picking metroplex up for $40 at Costco during the boxing day new yeas price reduction.
Another collector whom I met said the same thing to me today. How often do I really have to go to Costco.

Btw what are the traps that come along with a membership again? Something about reinstating membership a 6 months before the expiration date which changes something something. Ack! I completely forgot. I got caught off guard with a membership card coming out of nowhere.

nevermind found it.

http://addictedtocostco.com/2009/05/...it-settlement/

Last edited by Buhawi; 08-01-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #188
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
Btw what are the traps that come along with a membership again? Something about reinstating membership a 6 months before the expiration date which changes something something. Ack! I completely forgot. I got caught off guard with a membership card coming out of nowhere.
There are no traps to membership, you pay each year to shop, they send you a notice 2 months before you are due so it doesn't catch you off guard, although most people seem to forget that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
There are a lot of people in that thread who clearly do not understand how to read their membership agreement. Wow, I honestly can't believe how stupid some people can be, did you see the comments???

Unreal.

Last edited by Einstein; 08-01-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #189
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Apparently, they used to make the membership retroactive to the date when you should have renewed, and not the date that people actually did renew. So, if your year of membership was up on May 1 and you didn’t renew until July 1, they continued to have your renewal date as May 1 and not the new date of July 1. And thus cheating people out of months of membership.
Apparently, the practice continues as per recent posts.

Again, I'm a Costco virgin but I don't want to fall into that.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:28 AM   #190
ironclaugh
Armada

My parents work at Costco. Free membership for life. Never have to renew
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote