Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-11-2021, 02:36 PM   #11
RansakWORK
Beasty
Re: Ages 3 & Up Pre-Order Limbo

Some guys in our facebook group know them and sing their praises. They take a while to get stock but are pretty reliable. We do a lot of "group" buys on upgrade kits and stuff to reduce cost.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #12
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

I only ever bought the Takara (non-con-exclusive) version of POTP Throne of the Primes, from them

I took a while, but it was all the timelines they established up front, and once in arrived pretty soon after

No complaints here, other than maybe the prices are a bit up from MSRP - for exclusives, I would bite again if I could afford it
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #13
Slayback
Animated

As an fyi - lately, a few of 3p companies have had issues with shipping large orders by air, so they're getting sent by boat. The DNA kits were only recently announced to be ready to be shipped back on April 15th. A3U is getting them via boat. I suspect their shipment won't arrive until June 1st or so.

A3U has had a new phone system installed. You have to listen to their new options. Call them during their business hours. 12pm -6pm or 3pm est - 9pm est for Ontario.

Regarding Hasbro items - Things are coming out in batches. They haven't been fulfilling entire orders for their distributors. In turn distributors are essentially left giving percentage type orders to clients. There's actually a boat load of issues to point out.

1. Hasbro distribution has literally been very inconsistent and it's not just Transformers. Look at GI Joe, Star Wars or Marvel. You might not notice it in ON, but for the rest of Canada - things literally take a lot longer getting out here and to distributors.

2. Hasbro's case assortments. They've changed assortment and quantities. eg. Voyagers come in 3 packs now rather than 2pcs in the past. Eg - 1 Scourge vs 2 Rodimus. Don't know why they did that, when 1 of each is so much easier to order for. Independent retailers have to order a much more to try and get more Scourge figures for example or split the orders between assortments and Single Figure Case packs - this results in different demand for different assortments and each assortment has different ship dates and some take longer. Same can be said for the deluxe cases. 3 figures of blurr & jazz; 2 kups.

3. Hasbro introduces solid cases now. So retailers are now given the option to order cases of solid figures - but again, ship dates are earlier or later than assortments. So hard to plan around.

4. Hasbro cancels waves - eg GI JOE wave 3. They also didn't fulfill distributors wave 1. Shops like A3U are left scrambling trying to order solid cases -well after pre-orders - to fulfill people's orders that were put in months ago.

Regarding A3Us shipping - orders do not get shipped until the entire order is fulfilled. Some people's orders are waiting on 1 figure to come in, so nothing of their order is going to be shipped. It only makes sense since they ship for free if it's over $250. They're eating that shipping cost.

My suggestion - if you're waiting on something like - hey i paid for my entire shipment last month and I haven't received anything or a shipping notice - Call them. They've obviously missed something and it can be sorted out. They're not unreasonable.

If you're upset or concerned about a product not being in stock - it's very likely that their distributors haven't received it yet, or things are on the way. And last but not least, they have a preorder cancellation policy. Any items NOT in stock yet can be cancelled without penalty. This policy alone holds them accountable to get things in as quickly as they can otherwise everyone would just cancel and get the products elsewhere.

A3U specifically has been around for well over 10 years. It's a mom and pop shop and their entire livelihood is in this toy business, they're not a fly by night company.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #14
Ozrein
Stunticon

Any time I've had to email them over this past year, it has taken a week or two to get a response and it usually starts with something like "sorry, we didn't respond earlier", so I'm assuming they're just super busy. But they've always responded (eventually) and they've always sorted out any questions or issues that have popped up. I have full confidence in them. I'm sure most all of the delays currently going on are purely to do with difficulties with shipping stock to them and those shipments being more limited than were previously anticipated.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:48 PM   #15
neevnav
Masterpiece

Same, for the most part I've had no issues with them. They have been slow with getting new stuff sometimes, but they always come through. I'm waiting on a few things from them, both Transformers and Black Series, but I'm not overly worried.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #16
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
Anyone else waiting?
On occasion, I've had to wait while things came in, but I've never had an issue with them that wasn't taken care of. I've been ordering a lot of the newer stuff from them instead of waiting for them to show up in regular retail and it's been common for stuff to trickle in one or two figures at a time.

I go to their shop to pick things up, and every time I go, their shop is packed with boxes of things that need to be sorted out. My impression is they get a lot of orders.

They're not a fly by night operation.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 05-11-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #17
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
From my personal experience I haven't had a problem with them, either with pre-orders, or in stock orders.
Same
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:29 PM   #18
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

I have a preorder for the Flame Toys Transformers Exclusive Bugbite and would like to know if these are still coming out in Canada as their exclusive. They have already been out in the US and Asia for over 3 months now. Otherwise have never had an issue from them in the past.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:36 PM   #19
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

got this today. complaint rescinded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	49169  
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #20
BlackZarak
Robot in Disguise
BlackZarak's Ebay Auctions

I received all of my SS86 figures back in February, except for Scourge. Was told it would ship in May. I followed up last week, but no reply. Hopefully soon...
BlackZarak is offline   Reply With Quote