Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #51
STI 2NV
Energon
Re: What is your Transformers Budget?

I'd like to say I have a budget but I just received an invoice from Automaton Toys for $300.81.. Lol
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #52
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I've had to create a budget so I can keep control over things. But, I also don't do much else these days. So, my TF collection is pretty much the only non essential thing I spend any amount of money on anymore.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #53
vohkuhl
Cybertron

I think the budget I created was more for psychological purposes to keep myself in check. If I really want something I will go grab it but within good reason.

I started this thread just to see boardies spending habits and if they prioritize TFs over other things. Also makes me wonder what most of you guys do for a living, those with no budget that is...? (Don't answer that if privacy matters)
Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #54
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Cool Re: What is your Transformers Budget?

I don't set a budget. If I see a figure on sale that I like, I'll get it.

In a given month since 1994, I've spent from $0 to $800. Most are less than $50.

It's probably a safe bet that in the months since Year 2 of TFCon, those particular months are in the $100-$400 range.

No, I'm not rich. I just cut spending on other interests in those high TF spending months, and limit unnecessary expenses.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #55
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

At current I don't really have a budget. I've tried to set budgets in years past to keep the spending under control, but I realized that when I really want things I just buy them anyway which completely invalidates the budget idea.

I've bought Transformers on and off for many years. I was mainly collecting other figures for a while and I started getting back into collecting Transformers when I happened upon Armada Unicron one day. I remember having to try to justify to myself the price tag on that as it was like $60-80 which was like 4 Spawn figures (which I was collecting). I can kind of laugh at those thoughts now as the owner of a Fortress Maximus (in box) and with Hercules on the way among other things...

My spending has cut back a lot, though. At one time I was filling in a lot of older figures, but consider myself mostly caught up now. I have most of the old stuff I want, so it hasn't been as expensive as it was a few years back. Still, I seem to keep finding things I "should" have.

In some ways I do wish I controlled my spending more and had my collection under better control even just for space (I have almost 1000 Transformers). On the other hand, though, you only live once and if I can do it and it gives me some bit of happiness - why not?
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #56
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

never...give your transformers a Budget. Imagine what Starscream and Megatron would do with your debit, credit card and cash at hand.

Last edited by Autobot_Orion; 02-24-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #57
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_Orion View Post
never...give your transformers a Budget. Imagine what Starscream and Megatron would do with your debit, credit card and cash at hand.
They would still lose to the Cybertronians... Sadly, I'd like the bad guys to win!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #58
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Unfortunately, what with rent, groceries, cell phone, an occasional video game, ect... my TF Budget is whatever money I can scrounge up. Hopefully, with my T4 now at my parent's place, I can afford to get myself something nice, or pay off some credit cards and free up some cash out of my monthly budget. Maybe even get a Classics Skywarp (If I can find one and I don't care for UM just yet) or put some away for the Generations figures coming out later this year.

BTW anyone have suggestions on which Rachet would best fill the G3 slot? I've been unable to find a Classics Ratchet and I'm thinking the TFP: RID one wouldn't look too bad next to the rest of my Classics figures (already considering using TFP FE Cliffjumper to sub for Classics Cliffy.)

Last edited by Commandoclone87; 02-25-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #59
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Whatever I have left after the cost of living.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote