Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer
FanProject mix & match???

since FP is releasing a rodimus add-on armor set, also making a repaint of the figure called Shadow Scyther, that comes with a awsome scythe indicated in his name. To me this looks better and I dont care about accuracy.

Has anybody mixed and matched their City Commander armor with not the spicific figure its ment for, example giving the shadow armor to Ultra-Magnus or the Optimus Prime armor to Nemesis Prime, etc

and did it look ok, weird, or awsome?

since the Shadow Scythre has more accessories, it would be worth it for my classic rodimus or just get the original colors?
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:54 AM   #2
astrana
Nexus Maximus
Re: FanProject mix & match???

for city commander, it was ok, since most of the part is covered. But this might be different since majority of the limbs will be exposed. the leg and arm piece are only extension from the prototype pics. best bet is get a shattered glass rodimus or henkei wildrider.

if u dont have 300-400 bucks kicking around, i would say hope someone to KO a black rodimus or get someone to paint one for u
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #3
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
for city commander, it was ok, since most of the part is covered. But this might be different since majority of the limbs will be exposed. the leg and arm piece are only extension from the prototype pics. best bet is get a shattered glass rodimus or henkei wildrider.

if u dont have 300-400 bucks kicking around, i would say hope someone to KO a black rodimus or get someone to paint one for u
I'm getting the Shadow Scyther, but don't have a SG Rodimus or Wildrider. So I think the easiest solution is to take an extra Rodimus, from that 3-pack, and dye it black. Should be simple enough.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I'm getting the Shadow Scyther, but don't have a SG Rodimus or Wildrider. So I think the easiest solution is to take an extra Rodimus, from that 3-pack, and dye it black. Should be simple enough.
I would but I dont have the tools for that and I never painted a figure just mods, also I really dont mind
Old 09-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #5
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwing View Post
I would but I dont have the tools for that and I never painted a figure just mods, also I really dont mind
u can pay some customizer to repaintt hem for you, not sure how much they charge, maybe 50-100? still beats the hell of paying 300 for a shattered glass rodimus.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
devastator137
Generation 1
devastator137's Ebay Auctions

It all depends on the individual, I, myself have the shadow commander set with classics ultra magnus, and I think it looks good. I'm going to be using my classics rodimus with the shadow sythe when it arrives
devastator137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastator137 View Post
It all depends on the individual, I, myself have the shadow commander set with classics ultra magnus, and I think it looks good. I'm going to be using my classics rodimus with the shadow sythe when it arrives
you too, eh! thanks for the comments guys
Old 09-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I have 2 SG Rodimus but to get a THIRD just for this would be a little crazy even for me....... considering most of the toy will be covered up anyhow by the Shadow Scyther parts..... I might go the dye/custom paint route as well.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #9
Me.Grimlock.King
Banned

I'm getting the Shadow Scythre and I dont have the Henkei wildrider or botcon rodimus so I am thinking of using the upcoming tfcc blue repaint of classic rodimus. That or repainting one of the 4 versions of rodimus I have.
Me.Grimlock.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #10
TFtoys
Animated

I have a feeling that Shadow Scythre would be repaint to another color for another exclusive reason or requst. But then, Shadow Scythre's color is already outstanding.

Is that possible we can request "Cybertron Canadian exclusive" request to Fanproject for another color ?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fans project armor