Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-03-2021, 03:47 PM   #221
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Got Coneheads? List of retailers that might...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Toysnowman had it up for months.
No reason to not order??
Thats on you.
I'll admit a little skeptical at the time.
But I ordered and my coneheads arrived.simple process.
People were looking for direct channels, and not to pay over retail. By the time many fans came around to the idea that there would be no better way (when Amazon cancelled every order), the preorder at Toysnowman was sold out. Then it was almost a blink and you'll miss it chance at both CMD and toysnowman once they came in and had some extra.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 09-03-2021 at 03:52 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #222
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
CMD told me they got them straight from Hasbro Canada, not via a distributor.
Well then in that case, yeah... not great. But that doesnt make sense though. All stock meant for Canada from hasbro has to go to Amazon since they are the exclusive retailer for the set. And then Amazon unloaded it for some reason. I don't know, something doesn't add up in this whole story.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #223
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

I don't have the coneheads either apart from thrust
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #224
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Well then in that case, yeah... not great. But that doesnt make sense though. All stock meant for Canada from hasbro has to go to Amazon since they are the exclusive retailer for the set. And then Amazon unloaded it for some reason. I don't know, something doesn't add up in this whole story.
I heard from a reliable source that Amazon refused delivery of their conehead sets and then those sets were offered up to other retailers. Worked out for me as I paid 79.99 at toysnowman.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #225
Covain
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Toysnowman had it up for months.
No reason to not order??
Thats on you.
I'll admit a little skeptical at the time.
But I ordered and my coneheads arrived.simple process.
No where close to as simple as you put it. In fact you've incredibly oversimplified a very frustrating issue that many on this board have had. As pointed out in the following many had ordered through Amazon and then after the cancellation had no other option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
People were looking for direct channels, and not to pay over retail. By the time many fans came around to the idea that there would be no better way (when Amazon cancelled every order), the preorder at Toysnowman was sold out. Then it was almost a blink and you'll miss it chance at both CMD and toysnowman once they came in and had some extra.
Covain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:27 PM   #226
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
CMD are pieces of shit
They buyout WM stuff when it goes on clearance and immediately put them up on WM marketplace for quadruple the clearance price.

I wish TSM got all the coneheads

Just to illustrate how shady that is, I went and found a blog that outlines the Walmart marketplace fee system and this is the reality:

Walmart charges a 15% "referral fee" on toys and collectibles.

That's it. Nowhere near enough to justify a double/triple/quadruple markup.

People say "oh but they sell at fair prices on their website." but that just makes it worse because it means this isn't simply a misguided our regularly shady business model. It's actually them trying to capitalize on people who are willing to pay that price because they either don't know any better or are desperate. We won't generally be suckered by the walmart orders, but I could see some unaware parents or grandparents buying an expensive transformer off of there knowing the kid has some big ones and figuring the price means it must be big like that. Then it arrives and it's just a Deluxe figure.

It's gross that it happens. It's gross enough to hoover up stock and deny it to people to pad your coffers, but it's worse to then throttle people with inflated prices to that degree.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #227
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covain View Post
No where close to as simple as you put it. In fact you've incredibly oversimplified a very frustrating issue that many on this board have had. As pointed out in the following many had ordered through Amazon and then after the cancellation had no other option.
But everyone based amazons cancelation. Had the opportunity to order from toysnowman.
They did not.
When I ordered it was $79.99 then came some more preoders and , that I didn't know about still at that time were skeptical of toysnowman. Including myself.
Like I said before and not over simplified you should have gotten on the snowman boat when you had the opportunity again on the buyer.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:20 PM   #228
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I was in the same boat too. Amazon cancelled my order and I saw the toysnowman preorder when someone here posted about it and jumped at it for 79.99, it was available for quite a while and then he put another preorder up for 94 I believe. Cmd had it up for 149 shortly after so there were some great options for everyone that had Amazon cancel their orders.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:37 PM   #229
delrue
Crossover

Saying CMD store should be banned from all discussion on this site because of ethical reasons is kind of ridiculous given that there are threads on this site for Amazon, Wal-mart, Gamestop and TRU which are all companies that have done more material harm than some small toy store in Quebec could ever do.

Did you know that TRU will sell warranties on baby products even in provinces where it is required by law to provide a warranty?

Remember when eb games were trying to claim they were an essential service so they could keep their stores open during the pandemic?

WAL-MART AMAZON, EVERYTHING THEY DO.

ect. ect. ect.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #230
Tiffster
Classic

[QUOTE=savagephil;846755]I don't have the coneheads either apart from thrust[/QUOTE

G2 Ramjet? Sandstorm? I don't want to call them consolation prizes but G2 Ramjet is sweet.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote