Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-03-2023, 02:41 PM   #11
Prime Sinister
Animated
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Dinobots & Volcanicus Official Images & Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Cute, but as many have pointed out already, the full retail price of those Dinobots will be more than the POTP Dinobots + Slash.

That's hefty a price tag.

We need that Winners $5.99 pricing on those.
I remember finding the POTP deluxe Dinobots and Terrorcons at Winner?s for $9.99
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:51 PM   #12
delrue
Crossover
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Dinobots & Volcanicus Official Images & Production

I was excited for these but after seeing Sludge in reviews and getting my Slug in hand I think I might pass on the rest. Maybe I'll get the mystery 6th Dinobot of it's cool, but I think I'll wait for the monsterbot repaints.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:22 PM   #13
Marcotron
Robot Master

They made sludge so weird an awkward with those saddle bags on his legs, in order to make the combined mode look awkward and weird with saddle bags on the legs.

The leg mode of Grimlock, it's cute that they use those toes as the combined mode toes, but the whole thing looks so generic. Like Menasor's legs, where the car is on the back of the leg. Just not a nice looking thing. I just noticed what they did with the upper chest pieces, having one panel off to the side and one panel sticking out forward, is not what I would call aesthetically pleasing.

I do find it refreshing that Slag is now the chest, with his dino head as the chest.
But, Slag's tail becoming the abs, my issue with that is, it's concave. should be flipped.

So, I have visual issues with nearly every aspect of this combiner. It's a jumbleBuck of awkward. I can't tell what the overall articulation is, but it all looks so clunky, chunky, and messy.

I'm willing to bet, Dino King is going to be amazing, and have zero issues like the ones noted above, and this Volcanicus thing is just the pre-tool to get us to buy more of the same thing year after year. We won't see Dino King for three more years.

Last edited by Marcotron; 02-03-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote