Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #3311
LegendaryArticuno
Generation 1
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryArticuno View Post
Does anyone know what the deal is with Airazor on Amazon.ca? Preorder is marked up to CDN$48.24 possibly due to demand/Amazon's pricing algorithms:

https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-T...&s=toys&sr=1-1
The price on Airazor has been fixed, it's now MSRP (32.99), I preordered along with Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
One of the big amazon warehouses in Brampton, Ontario was shut down for 2 weeks by public health due to covid. Expect slow shipping.
Hopefully Amazon makes it safer for workers at that site, but 2 weeks shutdown isn't alot of time to implement any significant changes. The vaccine can't come soon enough.

Last edited by LegendaryArticuno; 03-16-2021 at 10:37 AM.
LegendaryArticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #3312
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryArticuno View Post
Hopefully Amazon makes it safer for workers at that site, but 2 weeks shutdown isn't alot of time to implement any significant changes. The vaccine can't come soon enough.
Amazon treats its staff like animals. Read the horror stories online.. countless strikes and protests in the states. People dying at work and others having to work around the body while management figures out what to do. If you wondering how Bezos became a billionaire? it was at the expense of his employees.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #3313
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Finally broke down and ordered those GO sets. Botropolis looks too good. Love the colour scheme
Ditto bruv, I waited on (basically all) the GO sets & Amazon 2-packs, because I was hoping Amazon would start lowering their prices (shoulda learned my lesson from Greenlight)

But when Botropolis appeared, and even was on a slight discount? Figured "nope, buy it, don't want to be chasing aftermarket on these", it's already going for $100+ in places
Just bite the bullet now

Also yes, I love the decos, and enjoy the modulators, so it really a foregone conclusion for me (don't even have Sky Lynx yet)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:14 PM   #3314
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Amazon treats its staff like animals. Read the horror stories online.. countless strikes and protests in the states. People dying at work and others having to work around the body while management figures out what to do. If you wondering how Bezos became a billionaire? it was at the expense of his employees.
Yeah I've committed to not buying any figures (transformers, star wars, etc) from Amazon this year unless it's an exclusive. I'd rather pay the extra $2 to support a local store.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:46 PM   #3315
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
Yeah I've committed to not buying any figures (transformers, star wars, etc) from Amazon this year unless it's an exclusive. I'd rather pay the extra $2 to support a local store.
Same here...very difficult to get items in great shape from Amazon as well. Unfulfilling indeed...
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:00 PM   #3316
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone have experience with these stands and Transformers? How good would these be at displaying things like kingdom. Say, Primal, as an example.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ZB9JH3X/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:19 PM   #3317
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
Slightly unrelated, but does anyone have experience with these stands and Transformers? How good would these be at displaying things like kingdom. Say, Primal, as an example.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ZB9JH3X/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
They are all pretty the same, all fairly simple and cheap stands. They can do the job for figures that aren't heavy, but don't expect them to support something too heavy at weird/fancy angles, but done right, they can support up to voyager sized figures. (see picture)

The weakest point is the claw part that easily break. If the figure has a 3mm hole, it's better to use it than try to balance it otherwise with the claw part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stands.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	48745  
Old 03-17-2021, 04:23 PM   #3318
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
They are all pretty the same, all fairly simple and cheap stands. They can do the job for figures that aren't heavy, but don't expect them to support something too heavy at weird/fancy angles, but done right, they can support up to voyager sized figures. (see picture)

The weakest point is the claw part that easily break. If the figure has a 3mm hole, it's better to use it than try to balance it otherwise with the claw part.
Do you have any better suggestions?
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:54 PM   #3319
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
Do you have any better suggestions?
Kind of off-topic my dude.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #3320