Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 04-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #51
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: TRU Apr 7-16 half price TR Voyagers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Of course, Friday (day the sale starts) is day 15 from my buying Wave 4 at TRU and they only price-adjust for 14 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Weird I can price adjustment right up to the 45 day return period. Just last Monday I price adjusted Marvel legends I bought a month before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Same here. 45 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Re: the 45 days.

Check the back of your actual store receipt.

The policy is as such: If you are getting a price adjustment on an item because it has gone on sale or was found at a lower price at a competitor you have 14 days to get that price matched.

If the item was purchased at Toys R Us, they give a 45 day "Low Price Guarantee." They will issue the LPG on your TRU purchase. Simply bring the receipt back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
OK, I think I've figured out the definitive answers for both returns and price protection policies at both TRU and Walmart, having gone to both stores earlier today to price match with this weekend's TRU sale against various figures I bought over the last 2 months, so here goes:

TRU

Return Policy: 45 days from original purchase date with receipt, must be complete with all accessories and original packaging.

Price matching vs competitors: 14 days from original purchase date with receipt.

Price matching vs themselves: 45 days from original purchase date with receipt.

Limitations/Exclusions: Competitor must have same item in-stock and their ad must be in the same local market (most staff won't usually bother checking; YMMV). Does not apply against web exclusives, rebates, coupons, limited quantities, bundled offers or clearance ads.

Walmart

Return Policy: 90 days from original purchase date with receipt, must be complete with all accessories and original packaging.

Price matching vs competitors: Does not actually happen as a single-transaction in order to get the difference back. Instead, if the item is still MISB/MOSC and you are still within the 90-day Return Policy, customer service will first refund the original purchase entirely back to you instead, then you will be instructed to re-purchase the item at the usual check-out and you'll ask the sales clerk there to do the price matching. Yes, it's kind of an annoying and slower process to do it this way, but you get the desired result.

Price matching vs themselves: 30 days from original purchase date with receipt.

Limitations/Exclusions: Competitor must have same item in-stock and their ad must be in the same local market (most staff won't usually bother checking; YMMV). Does not apply against ads which only show a discount percentage (MUST list a specific price), BOGO offers (buy one, get one), web exclusives, rebates, scratch & save events, refurbished items or clearance ads.

Special notes: Walmart will accept competitor and manufacturer coupons as long as the terms or conditions of that coupon do not fall under a limitation or exclusion as outlined above. Walmart also reserves the right to limit quantities, and how they define/interpret "local competitors” and "identical items" are subjective to their own discretion (which is another reason why price-matching at Walmart can be inconsistent from one location to the next; YMMV).

So basically, whenever you buy an item from TRU, hang on to the receipt for 45 days and also try to keep it MISB/MOSC as well to see what happens with the market during that time after you bought it. Digital ad can be useful, but printed ad is usually more efficient in my experience. If you bought it from Walmart, same idea, but wait 90 days.

Props to Goaliebot for inspiring me to question the specifics surrounding these policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmus View Post
Can we somehow pin the store refund, price matching or price adjust topic somewhere in the forum? Same question being asked every time when a sale comes up. Thanks.
+1 for pinning since I took some time to clarify the matter for us, lol.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #52
python
Alternator

+1 more for pinning
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:13 AM   #53
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
OK, I think I've figured out the definitive answers for both returns and price protection policies at both TRU and Walmart, having gone to both stores earlier today to price match with this weekend's TRU sale against various figures I bought over the last 2 months, so here goes:

TRU

Return Policy: 45 days from original purchase date with receipt, must be complete with all accessories and original packaging.

Price matching vs competitors: 14 days from original purchase date with receipt.

Limitations/Exclusions: Competitor must have same item in-stock and their ad must be in the same local market (most staff won't usually bother checking; YMMV). Does not apply against web exclusives, rebates, coupons, limited quantities, bundled offers or clearance ads.

Walmart

Return Policy: 90 days from original purchase date with receipt, must be complete with all accessories and original packaging.

Price matching vs competitors: Does not actually happen as a single-transaction in order to get the difference back. Instead, if the item is still MISB/MOSC and you are still within the 90-day Return Policy, customer service will first refund the original purchase entirely back to you instead, then you will be instructed to re-purchase the item at the usual check-out and you'll ask the sales clerk there to do the price matching. Yes, it's kind of an annoying and slower process to do it this way, but you get the desired result.

Price matching vs themselves: 30 days from original purchase date with receipt.

Limitations/Exclusions: Competitor must have same item in-stock and their ad must be in the same local market (most staff won't usually bother checking; YMMV). Does not apply against ads which only show a discount percentage (MUST list a specific price), BOGO offers (buy one, get one), web exclusives, rebates, scratch & save events, refurbished items or clearance ads.

Special notes: Walmart will accept competitor and manufacturer coupons as long as the terms or conditions of that coupon do not fall under a limitation or exclusion as outlined above. Walmart also reserves the right to limit quantities, and how they define/interpret "local competitors” and "identical items" are subjective to their own discretion (which is another reason why price-matching at Walmart can be inconsistent from one location to the next; YMMV).

So basically, whenever you buy an item from TRU, hang on to the receipt for 45 days and also try to keep it MISB/MOSC as well to see what happens with the market during that time after you bought it. Digital ad can be useful, but printed ad is usually more efficient in my experience. If you bought it from Walmart, same idea, but wait 90 days.

Props to Goaliebot for inspiring me to question the specifics surrounding these policies.

Thanks for putting this together. Hopefully by pinning this info, it will help people more efficiently.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:24 AM   #54
CanBot
Cybertron

Thanks for the heads up. A while back when there was a sale and some coupons, I was contemplating Bisk...but passed.

Last weekend I managed to find a couple Kickbacks and Gnaw (crazy lucky, I suppose)...so back I go to get enough money taken off to pay for Bisk I don't know why, blame it on Maz at TFW

I just might go for Sky Shadow too...it does look pretty cool, even though I haven't thought of buying anything mainline other than the very limited scope I've set up for myself.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:25 AM   #55
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post

Absolutely! For the past couple years I never "wait" for sales, I buy what I want when I see it. I've never NOT been able to get an LPG within 45 days given how routine TF sales are. I hold onto all my TRU receipts. Nothing like getting $45 refunded on that $150 box set.

Fact is, getting your 5 bucks off each deluxe is another deluxe, right there. I don't know if I could justify the hobby without sales!

Thanks for the awesome research and write-up. =)

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #56
vjcheng
Generation 2
Re: Half Price Titan Returns Voyagers at Toys R Us Canada April 7-16

So I have a receipt for a Perceptor I bought last Saturday (4/1) but I opened it. Does this mean I won't be able to price match? Or do I have to find an unopened Perceptor somewhere else? Bring it in and then return it to wherever else I bought it? I was under the impression a receipt is all I need to price match.

SALES

FEEDBACK

WANTS

vjcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #57
icantbelieveit
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcheng View Post
So I have a receipt for a Perceptor I bought last Saturday (4/1) but I opened it. Does this mean I won't be able to price match? Or do I have to find an unopened Perceptor somewhere else? Bring it in and then return it to wherever else I bought it? I was under the impression a receipt is all I need to price match.
My personal experience with TRU is just bring the receipt is quite enough for price matching
icantbelieveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:57 AM   #58
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcheng View Post
If you're matching it against the same place you bought it from originally and it's their own sale, then sure, receipt only is fine.

If you're matching it against a competitor, it depends on where you bought it from originally. TRU typically uses the same SKU # for the same size class across the entire line. So for example, Titans Return deluxe class wave 4 Perceptor has the same SKU # as Skullcruncher from wave 1 (probably), and recently I bought all 3 of the most recent legends wave (Bumblebee, Gnaw, and Kickback) from TRU and they all have the same description and SKU # on the recepit. So if you're matching a sale for TR deluxe classes, you'll probably be able to do so.

On the other hand, if you bought it from Walmart, they have individual descriptions and code their items in their inventory by the product UPC #'s. For TR deluxe wave 3, Walmart's item description actually say Hot Rod, Doublecross, and Triggerhappy (for example). If you take only the receipt back to Walmart, they're not going to know that a "Triggerhappy" is a Transformers toy, let alone a TR deluxe class toy. So to improve your chances of pricematching with the competitor, it's in your favor to bring it back complete with packaging because if they won't match it at customer service, at least by having it complete they will be able to refund it based on their own return policy, then you can re-buy it as new according and match it at the checkout instead.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:27 AM   #59
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Was pleasantly surprised by being able to pricematch Broadside at Walmart yesterday, just using the flyer. Will return my unopened previously bought one.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #60
mcmus
Animated

Took me about 10mins to convince the Walmart to pricematch Broadside even with the TRU flyer on hand. The lame excuse they gave me is the price different is too much (from $30 to $15). My impression was WTF...and asked them what is their store price matching the policy. They told me the policy everyone know "pricematching with price on the CURRENT flyer" which I had in hand. Long story short. The store manager pricematched Broadside for me eventually.