Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-03-2021, 02:38 PM   #11
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Transformers Kingdom Commander Rodimus Prime First Look

When did Rodimus ever have a sword?

For me, having purchased the POTP version, and mostly liked the gimmick of it all with the trailer becoming the Ultra Magnus type armour, this new one would have to be light years better to make me want to spend three times as much money on it.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #12
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
Waste of a commander class
Very hard to disagree. Rumours suggest the trailer has a lot more going on than ER Prime's, and he will come with additional weapons and accessories...

but the "Rodimus Prime" toy is voyager class. And frankly, he looks too "bulky" for Rodimus, who is TALL and more lithe, but not a linebacker. And... they couldn't paint his wheel rims? JUST looking at this as a Rodimus Prime toy, I'm not really feeling it is a good take.

It's a really hard swallow. The trailer is just extra space on a shelf and frankly not even a big part of a robot mode display.

We get amazing-ass Jetfire, amazing-ass Sky Lynx, and now... an overpriced Leader class that is already a voyager with accessories.

Maybe I'm wrong, and we certainly haven't seen official photos, or comparison photos to ss86, much less Kingdom Leader Galvatron, but... $130 bucks for a voyager with trailer and extra crap is a tough sell for me.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #13
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95

For those complaining about pricing, rumour is that the Commander class going forward will drop it's price for future releases, starting with Kingdom Rodimus Prime. Estimate is bringing down to about $100 cad / $70 usd. Basically proper leader class with extra stuff.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #14
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
For those complaining about pricing, rumour is that the Commander class going forward will drop it's price for future releases, starting with Kingdom Rodimus Prime. Estimate is bringing down to about $100 cad / $70 usd. Basically proper leader class with extra stuff.
That's a good rumour. This trend of pricing a voyager as a leader, or a deluxe as a voyager, because of some extra accessories, is just such a pain to the wallet. Choices are being made.
Siege Astrotrain and Shockwave were painful. Stand them next to any previous leader class toy and it's laughable what they are trying to get away with. They are thin and compact, and the base robots are smaller than voyagers of the previous generation. If I hadn't gotten them on sale, I wouldn't have considered getting them.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #15
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
Yeah, but if Rodimus is Voyager size, then clearly it's not a proper leader class figure. $100 is still too much for something this small. Why not make this a leader class figure instead of wasting the Commander class spot?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #16
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
If I hadn't gotten them on sale, I wouldn't have considered getting them
Same here mate
Got all my Siege leaders from TreasureHunt, except Astrotrain during that one standie sale (down to $40 if I recall?)

And been blowing WM Rewards bucks to lower out-of-pocket costs of leaders ever since

Been a long, damned time since I ever thought leaders were worth $70
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #17
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
When did Rodimus ever have a sword?

For me, having purchased the POTP version, and mostly liked the gimmick of it all with the trailer becoming the Ultra Magnus type armour, this new one would have to be light years better to make me want to spend three times as much money on it.
The sword is a reference to this

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sword_of_Primus

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #18
Tiffster
Classic

Alt mode looks like crap. Looking like a Hard pass. And they want commander class money for this? Still, I'll wait for final reveal. Probably go for ss86 and save a ton.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:49 AM   #19
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Very hard to disagree. Rumours suggest the trailer has a lot more going on than ER Prime's, and he will come with additional weapons and accessories...

but the "Rodimus Prime" toy is voyager class. And frankly, he looks too "bulky" for Rodimus, who is TALL and more lithe, but not a linebacker. And... they couldn't paint his wheel rims? JUST looking at this as a Rodimus Prime toy, I'm not really feeling it is a good take.

It's a really hard swallow. The trailer is just extra space on a shelf and frankly not even a big part of a robot mode display.

We get amazing-ass Jetfire, amazing-ass Sky Lynx, and now... an overpriced Leader class that is already a voyager with accessories.

Maybe I'm wrong, and we certainly haven't seen official photos, or comparison photos to ss86, much less Kingdom Leader Galvatron, but... $130 bucks for a voyager with trailer and extra crap is a tough sell for me.

Yup, it's ridiculous we could have gotten a much larger figure like star saber deathsaurus
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:10 AM   #20
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
Yup, it's ridiculous we could have gotten a much larger figure like star saber deathsaurus
Definitely thought they would have retooled Jetfire and given us a Star Saber instead. Oh well...
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote