Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #1631
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Is there a way we can file a complaint to Hasbro about these Walmart and Amazon exclusive being unable to obtain because those companies are not taking our preorder seriously? I mean Hasbro wants to make money off us too, why would they make it difficult for themselves and us right?
Just the better business bureau.

And as far as Hasbro goes, they make projections for sales and produce the numbers that they expect to sell to maximize their profit... they do not care to lose a few sales as it's more a re-seller's problem than theirs at that point.

They produce a specific numbers, sell them to the re-sellers, and don't care whatsoever about the customer down the line really... it's all about the maximization of the profit.

They'll only do a re-issue of a figure IF the numbers are there to warrant making second production and they can be sure of the large sales.

They also consider the "now with new hat" stuff for the fans and plan for that too.

If they started to sell directly, things might change, but they already know that the demand would not warrant the expense of setting up direct sales.

And before someone goes on a rant about Hasbro Pulse, please be aware that it's more like a small kiosk type store, like a gift shop at a museum, than a true seller, and why what they offer is limited and at the same price as the re-sellers (the whole msrp thing).

All this to say that they'd rather produce the least possible of numbers to keep the demand high so to sell out of everything they produce than end up with having to liquidate overstock. Trouble is, this has created the situation of many figures being hard to get/find, then the issue with bad distribution where one store can get 50 of the same figure. while another barely gets 3.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 09-08-2020 at 05:54 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:55 PM   #1632
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I ordered within minutes of the preorder going up and I just got a cancelation. Fuck Amazon.

From your July 17th posting with the link, you may have missed that they opened their preorder for Prowl and Ironhide over 2 weeks earlier on July 1st.

If there anything we all know, it is that Amazon.ca is the pits for preorders no matter what toyline.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:16 PM   #1633
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

No, I had preordered well before my posting. The preorder I had didn't have any images in the link at the time, I posted the link when I saw the updated link.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #1634
Wheelwave
Cybertron

I still have not gotten email about cancellation.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:28 AM   #1635
foil
Generation 1

i ordered quite a bit later than most people here and i got an order delay email yesterday but no cancellation.
foil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:08 AM   #1636
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Was wondering for those who had their orders cancelled, did you order just the one item in your order, or was it combined with other items besides the Ironhide/Prowl set?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #1637
steamwhistle
Crossover

.com still has a preorder up and notes a release date of November 1.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #1638
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Was wondering for those who had their orders cancelled, did you order just the one item in your order, or was it combined with other items besides the Ironhide/Prowl set?

My order was just for the set itself. Also, I'm a Prime member, in case that makes a difference, too.

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #1639
Cronosabre
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
.com still has a preorder up and notes a release date of November 1.
This is what I did in the end. I had a gift card sitting there for a while from a survey I did so the price wasn't so bad all said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
My order was just for the set itself. Also, I'm a Prime member, in case that makes a difference, too.
I've been a prime member for a while and I still got the cancellation. I really don't think there is much logic to it based on the previous posts. The stupid thing is that for us who got cancelled that we didn't even get the option to hold on to the preorder in case they procure more stock.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:34 AM   #1640
Delta-Raven
falls down a lot

I ordered on July 17, have Prime, and it was the only item in the order.

I got a delay, not a cancellation email. There really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for who gets cancelled and who gets delayed.