Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #21
eNdblu
Generation 1
Re: Leading bidder on eBay

In the past, I've used Gixen
Doesn't mean I ever won the auction...
Old 01-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #22
Pascal
Banned

You should be ok, the demand is not very high for that figure right now.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #23
Chap69Poo
Generation 2

But the one that sells for 140 plus kit is the original release with all the extras the new one don't get
Old 01-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #24
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Although I've never seen it, it'd be interesting to see two bidding bots working against each other on the same item. That'd shoot the price WAY up, I'm sure.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #25
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Although I've never seen it, it'd be interesting to see two bidding bots working against each other on the same item. That'd shoot the price WAY up, I'm sure.
It doesn't work like that. Both programs work independently of each other, they don't know what the other is bidding. They simply enter a maximum bid as late as they can and the highest maximum bid entered gets it. It's the same as if you entered it yourself, somehow managing to enter it exactly before the auction ended.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #26
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Considering the dubious morality of auction sniping, let alone using bots to do it, and how frowned upon the whole thing is among people who use online marketplaces in general, I don't think any of you should be publicly telling others that you engage in such a practice.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:37 PM   #27
predahank
Storing is hoarding

If you're manually bidding and put in a last second bid, then there's nothing immoral about it since your placing your bid in the alloted time. Using bots is a little more gray
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
Hoffman
Generation 1

Yeah, manual sniping isn't at all immoral. It's just how you bid. I personally don't understand bidding before the end of an auction, unless you have an absolute fixed maximum amount you are willing to pay. Then it makes sense to just enter your absolute max and just wait and see.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #29
python
Alternator

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toyworld-Tran...EAAOSwjDZYhVHS

Should anyone want to bid on it.
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:58 PM   #30
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
You refused to pay fo the item your purchased from me on ebay last year and I got stuck not being able to sell my item again for a week. Are you really whining because you can't have/afford what you want?
LOL, dun dun dun.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Yeah, manual sniping isn't at all immoral. It's just how you bid. I personally don't understand bidding before the end of an auction, unless you have an absolute fixed maximum amount you are willing to pay. Then it makes sense to just enter your absolute max and just wait and see.
Bid sniping is a matter of one's own psyche. For example, if you bid your absolute max early on with ample time remaining, you put yourself at risk of someone else exceeding your "preferred" limit. If that limit does get exceeded and you're left with time on the clock, you'll be more tempted to make rash decisions to go beyond your preferred limit. So by trying to bid snipe near the final seconds of the auction when less time is remaining, there's a lower chance of exceeding that threshold if your bid limit hasn't been reached by other competing bids yet. If you run out of time, you accept the loss because it is what it is whereas if the price reached a point that broke your limit and you got plenty of time left to try and get the lead back, you put more stress on yourself trying to justify how much more over-budget can you really push yourself? Really, it's cheaper in the long run to bid snipe, and a lot less heartache.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote