Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #11
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: Would you prefer Takara do Megatron or Shockwave next in their masterpiece line?

I have Quakewave and I've seen reviews of Apollyon, I find Quakewave to be 10 times the figure that Apollyon is. I would much rather a Takara Megatron since Quakewave is so great already and I would highly doubt they'd get the licensing for Shockwave anyway since half of that belongs to ToyBox. Or whichever company owns them now.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #12
Chap69Poo
Generation 2
Re: Would you prefer Takara do Megatron or Shockwave next in their masterpiece line?

i hope they do both cuz i like official product over 3P products... but sometimes life doesnt work the way we want... so right now i only hope they will re-issue Quakewave...
Old 05-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #13
roballan
Machine War

I'm on the fence of if we need a 2.0 Megatron or a Galvatron more. Quakewave is absolutely fine for Shockwave so don't feel any need there in the line. I haven't snagged up Apollyon yet... cool as he is I think a Takara release might be better and so I didn't invest in him.

roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #14
maverickk
Generation 1

Shockwave as I missed the boat on Quakewave and cannot spend $400+ on one now!
maverickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #15
soundwave1976
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickk View Post
^This seconded and thirded lol
soundwave1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #16
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickk View Post
There is a lot of interest in them do do another more cartoon accurate paint scheme but who knows at this poit FT does have a lot coming out so maybe they might take some of that money and out it towards a re-release of Quakewave. So I would be in for one I had one before but I sold it as I didn't care much for the purple used.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:11 PM   #17
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Well said Protoman. I for one am not that impressed with either Apollyon or Quakewave both of them are good to certain extents same goes for any 3P MP scaled figure, while they do the best to represent the character they all seem to be off, close but not close enough. With that being said I do own a lot of MP scaled 3P figures and I would sell them all in a cyber second to get the official ones.
And that is probably intentional to avoid any lawsuits. Make it just slightly different.

That said, since the MP line is supposed to be g1 accurate, if doing a new gun mode Megatron is too much trouble I'd rather they stayed away from him. Same with Shockwave. Even though he's my favorite character, if they can't do him right, don't do him at all.

I'd rather they tackled Galvatron. His gun mode is completely superfluous so they don't even need to include it! It was never in the cartoons, and AFAIK, it only appeared less than a handful of times in the UK comics.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #18
pulsedragon20
I win

Either one would be good for me since I don't have any MPs (or alike) for either.
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #19
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I know this may sound crazy...but who wants an MP Wreck-Gar?

I think it will be totally awesome to go with MP Hot Rot and Magnus. LOL.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #20
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Like a few others have mentioned, Galvatron or Blitzwing or Astrotrain would be highest priority.

But if Takara pulled off a proper P38 Walther Megs, I'd still buy it in a heartbeat...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote