Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #21
devilsknight
Banned
Re: Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaSpawn64 View Post
I wish I had one... looks fun !

Plugged into my projector, it'd really be something !
Take it from my experience...it's awesome.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #22
Madjester
Generation 1
Madjester's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Put a hold or a preorder or a deposit or whatever on one. Most stores are willing to do that, and then call you when they get one in. The system is old enough now that there shouldnt be any trouble.
LOL

Please DON'T follow this advice.

This is the most aggravating question I get at work (At TRU/excluding wii and guitar Hero questions)

You cant prepay and you shouldnt be giving your credit card info over a non-secured phone line

If we were able to put peoples names on a list, seriously be prepared to be person 9000 and not to get it by Christmas eve

No store, in there right mind, will hold a wii for someone or should allow one person to buy more than one. Its the busy Christmas season and stores are so understaffed that we dont even phone people for rainchecks. To much crap is going on.

Unless your a regular, no ones gonna hold anything for you, or your really nice and you find someone that breaks the rules
Madjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #23
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I've seen some real ugliness and such in the stores when I've been shopping, a lot of it around the Wii availability.

Walmart: Saw 2 guys chewing out the cashier in electronics:
Angry guys: "another employee told us you had Wiis!"
Cashier" "I'm sorry sir, but we don't. We are completely out of stock and have been all week."
Angry guys: "Are you telling me the other employee lied?!"
Cashier: "No, I'm not sure why he would have said that. Do you know the employee's name?"
Angry Guys: "So is he the liar or are you?!?!"

I don't get why people take frustrations out on cahsiers when it is so clearly not their fault. I've never worked retail, but I've always felt it my responsibility to treat retail employees extra nicely since they seem to get walked all over by so many other people...
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #24
beatrush

I bought my Wii way back in March, but I run into them very frequently at Zellers and HMV. I usually pick them up and send out a mass internal email asking if anyone wants it and sell it to them for cost + $20.

I get 50 replies in 1 min......
beatrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #25
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjester View Post
No store, in there right mind, will hold a wii for someone or should allow one person to buy more than one.
I had one held for me yesterday at Future Shop. Well I was holding it for bluefrenzy. I let it go and they put it back on the shelf (which I imagine lasted all of a few minutes).

It helps to have a manager on the inside to help you out at times.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #26
BlitzFire
Generation 1
Send a message via MSN to BlitzFire

i bought mine october...its still in the box (wrapped now). i bought if for my gf for xmas...she knows its there and shes going nuts because shes not allowed to touch it...mwahahahah

shes a big resident evil fan...so i got the new resident evil game (umbrella chronicles) and i was finally able to get my hands on a wii Zapper (that gun thingy), but she doesnt know i have one. i told her i couldnt find any

tfw2005 Feedback My Ebay Feedback
BlitzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #27
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Heh... funny story from about 20 minutes ago.

Here is the background: My assistant was looking for a Wii for her son. She found some online at Dell.ca a few weeks ago. I ordered it through my corporate account (it was already set up, and she could not get her address to work with Dell for some reason). We place the order, get the confirmation saying it will be here before Christmas. I check the online status and it says backordered. I call Dell.ca support and talk with the guy. He said they were flooded with orders and could not guarantee that this will arrive before Christmas. Their next shipment was due to arrive on the 21st or 23rd. My assistant was not comfortable with the time frame. I cancelled the order right then. I confirmed the order was cancelled with the support rep. She picked up her Wii from a local seller.

I'm sure most of you are smart enough to figure out where I am going with this... but fast forward to today. A big beautiful package arrives from Dell.ca today... oh, shit.

THIS arrives today! I check my credit cards online and there were NO charges whatsoever. Dell.ca's policy is not to ship until payment is received. I have a little moral dilemma here. I look at is as I have three ways to play this:

1. Phone Dell.ca and inform them of their mistake.
2. Keep the free Wii and enjoy it. Deal with the bad karma later.
3. Let the nutty Christmas shoppers bid each other up on this and pay Dell when the eventual charge shows up. Make a few extra bucks.

Dammit!!!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #28
BlitzFire
Generation 1
Send a message via MSN to BlitzFire

I work for Dell.......(seriously, i do lol)

but don't worry batman...your secret is safe with me!

tfw2005 Feedback My Ebay Feedback
BlitzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #29
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

wasnt the wii the hot hard to find christmas item last year. like what the hell is going on.
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #30
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

Yup, It should be hot again for next Christmas also, or until the new game boy system is released next year!

Once ps3 and 360 do another price job things wont change!!!
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote