Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: X-BOX ONE

I was surprised how large it was, it looks larger than my htpc or my surround sound receiver (nether are small). I do actually like the aesthetics if it plays bluray movies and supports netflix it'll replace my 360.

On a side note it makes me want to work on my nes case project i've been planning. If only I could stop renovating my home.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #12
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

It's too early to speculate which of these two new systems will be better. No word yet on how PS4 will handle games (i.e. one time install) or if they will continue to provide a free network? As far as I know the PS4 does not have backwards compatibility either. The real decider should be the software, as far as I can tell the HW is going to be very close to par.

For the record I own all consoles since NES (minus Saturn, 3DO, CDI, Jaguar and PS2).
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #13
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Such a bad name, at least call Xbox Zero won't confuse light gamer.
People will ask "What? I'm paying $500 for XBOX one? Which is a decade old console? Why Sony has PS4 for same price?"

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #14
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Such a bad name, at least call Xbox Zero won't confuse light gamer.
People will ask "What? I'm paying $500 for XBOX one? Which is a decade old console? Why Sony has PS4 for same price?"
I can see that happening to family members of mine, they have weak English skills would just confuse them when trying to buy this thing.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #15
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

I think the concept of 'It's Sony's to lose' is right for this coming generation.
WiiU is an effective upgrade to the Wii, but the Wii was starting from so far back in the pack (hardware-wise) and the innovation of the new controller isn't anywhere near the revolution that the Wii was.
I have a Wii (bought it at launch) and a PS3 (PSWii). The PS3 is amazing for this generation (Blu Ray does it), and the 360 is roughly equal.

For your own sake, don't fuck it up, Sony.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #16
ImNotThePro
XBL - Im Not The Pro
ImNotThePro's Ebay Auctions

No backwards compatibility is enough for me to pass on the Xbox One until Arkham 3 (next gen only apparently) comes out. I'm not talking about Batman: Arkham Origins btw.
ImNotThePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #17
aquatar
Generation 2

What i found funny is how they said the 360 didnt need a blu ray and how download and streaming was the way to go. They spent so much time saying no to blu ray... oh look a blu ray on xbox one.

i agree that they spent too much time on tv and apps but i am looking forward to what they will do with kinect. knowing myself i will probably get one along with the ps4...

waiting for games. ..

Last edited by aquatar; 05-22-2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling
aquatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #18
Sokar
Armada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

This pretty much sums up my opinion right now.

It's still way too early to tell exactly what will come of either this or the ps4, but microsoft seems to be forgetting the people who buy consoles for the games and not just a cheap media PC replacement(which at apparently 600$ USD is not a cheap multimedia pc by any means) so right now I'm not willing to throw my support behind them.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #19
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Oh, wow, didn't know it was being announced today. I looked at some pics and read some stuff on what's new and how it works, and it seems fine.

Time to watch the announcement video and see if it's as bad as everyone says it is. The PS4 announcement was really well done, not surprised this one didn't match it.

edit: It wasn't horrible. Granted that I was half paying attention fiddling with my new Legacy Power Morpher and knowing E3 is just around the corner, it showed enough to get my attention. The new Kinect stuff seemed neat, not for me, but neat. Seemed like the event was about showing the potential of what the Xbox One can do without really backing it up.

I think MS called it the Xbox One because they don't want to play the Xbox 720 or Xbox 420 game anymore with the silly numbering name; if they continued to go that route, it's a dead end. What after that? The Xbox 1080? Now you're out of relevant numbers. Start fresh and call it the Xbox One then Xbox Two, etc...

Isn't that really confusing to someone who doesn't know much about video games to confuse it with the original? I don't think that's going to be a problem because stores don't have the real first Xbox one anymore. They are going to ask for a Xbox One at Walmart and get a Xbox One. Unless they go to a used game store or ebay, and might they get taken advantage of there, but they have to be going out of their way for that to happen.

Last edited by ConvoyGTR; 05-22-2013 at 04:45 AM.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #20
pulsedragon20
I win

I was watching the boring presentation...well, I can say that my wallet is quite safe.

Definitely promoting TV shows and Xbox live too much (and forgetting to mention the massive amount of bandwidth needed to do all this crap), I wanted to see more game previews and an actual demonstration with the Xbox One with Kinect but oh well. I think they might be saving a lot of stuff for E3
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote