Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #21
Window
Robot Master
Re: WTB: Masterpiece Soundwave (vancouver area only, sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
Robot Kingdom actually. I've had a lot of success with getting things from them, and their shipping charges are actually not bad.
So if you paid 159 + shipping how is 160 NOT lowballing?

He is asking for a preorder price if you ordered with some retailers early and not even considering shipping or duty costs.

I think that fits the definition of lowballing.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
DecepticonusPrime
Machine War

Quote:
Just for the lol's I looked up the price I paid for my mp soundwave, and I only paid 159.90$ + shipping, and that was with the coins that came with it, so I really don't think that 160 is some sort of super lowball offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
impressive pricing... Where did you mange to purchase it for that price?
Quote:
Robot Kingdom actually. I've had a lot of success with getting things from them, and their shipping charges are actually not bad.
Yeah, that's how I got mine too, but so what? As far as I know that was the cheapest it was ever available - and you'd still be losing money on a super-popular, in demand figure.

Since the going rate is well over $200 NOW, of course it's a low-ball offer. A completely unrealistic - and yes, unreasonable - low-ball offer.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #23
DamonL
Rollllllllout Autobots

lets just give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he's new to the site and probably new to collecting as well.. and as soon as he saw that TRU will have soundwave for $120.. he thought it was already out in retail and thought a $40 mark up would be sufficient.

lets not corner him and call him a low baller or w.e haha
or EVEN if he's a lowballer.. im sure judging from the comments on this thread, he's alrdy gotten our two cents on it LOLL
Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #24
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonusPrime View Post
Yeah, that's how I got mine too, but so what? As far as I know that was the cheapest it was ever available - and you'd still be losing money on a super-popular, in demand figure.

Since the going rate is well over $200 NOW, of course it's a low-ball offer. A completely unrealistic - and yes, unreasonable - low-ball offer.
Yes, it's a super popular, in demand figure. However, at the same time it will be released probably within the year, with more cassettes, at a fairly significant savings. If someone wants soundwave there is essentially no reason that they should have to pay 200$ for it now if they are willing to wait a few months and try to get either the hasbro release or pick up one when demand has dropped a bit. People who are selling it for 200 now can get that pretty easily I'm sure right now, but when he hits retail here do you think that price is going to stand up very well?

Again, as I noted before, the op wasn't clear if this was misb or even complete that they wanted, so if it is just for the actual SW figure and not laserbeak or anything else, it might be a reasonable offer. And even if it is for misb, asking the price you paid for it (how do they know what I paid for shipping anyway? or that I didn't get some other deal on one because I had a really early preorder or something else?) before shipping is at least a baseline. It might not be a very good one, but it's not like they started at 100$.

In any case it's an offer that was put out there. If anyone doesn't like it, then just don't sell yours for that price. But don't jump on the op like they are asking for one for 50$ or something like that. Perhaps indicating to them that their offer is a bit low for today's prices would be a bit more reasonable, but to just jump to the conclusion that it's an intentional lowball offer (which again, isn't even on an existing sales thread, but just an offer thrown out there) as some have is a bit much. I'm sure that the op is not Rick from Pawn Stars.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
CBII
Animated

Wow....not that I don't agree with you guys on the offer but I'm surprised you guys haven't been given infractions yet?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
DamonL
Rollllllllout Autobots

completely agree with the last two posts...
lets just all play nice

calling someone a lowballer is probably getting a tadddd bit personal dont you think?.. esp since we all pride ourselves in being educated collectors hehe
Old 03-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #27
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

This thread is no longer useful. If OP is still interested in looking for this item, s/he can start a new one.

2. This is not a discussion forum.
The Canadian Transformers Buy/Sell/Trade forum is not a place for discussion or to post random and negative comments. Any posts of that nature will be removed and repeat offenders will be issued warnings. You may ask questions about the items for sale/trade, but nothing more.
Closed Thread