Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Nintendo DS Discussion; Appreciation; Feedback.

I know some of you guys have one, and I do to. God I love that Thing.

Let's Go Over my games, shall we?

Pokemon Diamond: Great, Hugely Entertaining, but little replay value unless you are either willing to destroy your current save file or if you know others with the game. Long, Challenging, Fun. FUN. Kinda on the short side however. 8.7/10

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: The Title is and indication of the game. INSANELY long, so much you have to do. Control is Perfect. This is likely the Ds' Killer App, IMO. Some puzzles are just so absurd. One Point in the game you have to close your DS to perform a task. No joke. 9.8/10

Animal Crossing: Wild World: This Game is Great as well. Touch Screen and Button modes depending on what you prefer, engaging, and really addictive. Unconventional (but excellent) gameplay. 8.6/10

New Super Mario Bros.: Another Great Game. Touch screen is basically unused, except to use your spare powerup. The mini games use it extensively though. Most of the 18 Minigames are tons of fun, but some are kinda lame. Also, some others are recycled from Super Mario 64 DS. Game is reminiscent of SMB3, especially in the sense of the world map and alternate routes to the end. 9.1/10

Elite Beat Agents: 16 songs(and missions), 4 Difficulty levels, 3 Agents, 2 screens and 1 heap of awesome. Basically DDR for the DS, except not at all. It's an incredibly well-done rythym games with beautiful anime styled animation constantly going on your top screen. Game length depends on how good your "groove" is. 9.5/10

Mario Kart Ds: Again, lack of use for touch screen is disappointing, but this game is still great. 16 new and 16 retro tracks, and 12 playable characters including the NES' own R.O.B.. The gamecube courses look just as good as they did on the console, and the SNES and GBA tracks are improved monumentally. Missions add another level to this game. 9.3/10

Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin: This game repalces the series' cartoon approach to warfare with a slightly darker cartoon approach to warfare. No Complaints, other than you need to be an expert after about 10 levels to keep going. 8.2/10

Super Mario 64 DS: It's Super Mario 64, but portable and on Roids. Graphics are IMPROVED, more power stars (150) to collect, four playable characters with unique abilities (Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, Wario) and a ton of unlockable minigames make this game great. 9.5/10

That's all (for now).

Feel free to post your own game reviews everyone.

Last edited by Nocturn; 06-14-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Nintendo Ds Disscussion; Appreciation; Feedback.

I haven't turned mine on in a month. I can't seem to find any good games that keep my interest.

Hopefully this review can help me out!
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I haven't turned mine on in a month. I can't seem to find any good games that keep my interest.

Hopefully this review can help me out!
If you're into Virtual Life games, get Animal Crossing: Wild World. It almost requires to be played for like 15-30 minutes a day.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I'm looking for games that are on the go, or for a quick lunch break.

The last game I played was Mario Party DS, so time consuming, it wasn't even fun anymore.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Mario Kart and Elite Beat Agents can both be really quick, play a race or a mission, but you'll likely end up playing more than one (or keep trying till you beat it).
Old 06-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I got sick of Mario Kart. And Elite Beat is hard to play on the subway.

I need a game with "no commitment" and no touchpad, lol
Old 06-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
-KG-
Kranix

I love my DS too. I haven't gotten a new game in a while though.

My games:

The Legend of Zelda: PH - Great game, but I don't agree that it's insanely long. I found it fairly easy since I've been playing Zelda games for 20 years. But a great game and a lot of fun.

New Super Mario Bros. - A very good game and a good modern day 2-D side scroller. I didn't find it to be as fun as the other 2-D Mario's, but still very good.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Incredible game. The best Castlevania since Symphony of the Night.

Final Fantasy III - A remake of the original that was never released in NA. Great old school RPG.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - A RTS game that turned out to be a lot of fun. Great story and sequel to FF XII.

Pokemon Pearl: Another very good Pokemon game, although I had to stop playing it after 10 hours. I might get back into it soon.

There are so many other games I want and so many games coming out in the next couple of years. For me right now this is the best current gen "console".

Last edited by -KG-; 06-14-2008 at 08:21 PM.
-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Nintendo DS Discussion; Appreciation; Feedback.

I own an R4 (Yeah yeah, boo on me), but I use it to sample and play EVERYTHING, when I do like the game, and I mean REALLY LIKE IT, I buy it to support the creators. Trust me, it saved me some money due to SHIT GAMES.

My DS:
Special Edition Hot Rod Red Racing Pack (Yes it's called HOT ROD RED). Non Lite Version

My Games:
Mario Kart DS (Came with my Racing Pack)
Transformers Autobots (Twice)
Transformers Decepticons
Club House Games
Animal Crossing
Pokemon Diamond
Megaman ZX
Megaman EXE 5 (Team of Protoman/Colonel)
Eyeshield 21 Max Devil Power (Import Buy)
Custom Robo Arena
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Ultimate Mortal Kombat
Contra 4
New Super Mario Brothers
Brain Age
Tetris DS
Speed Racer
Super Dodgeball (Latest purchase)

and my R4 filled with OK games and so on.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 06-14-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #9
-KG-
Kranix
Re: Nintendo DS Discussion; Appreciation; Feedback.

Is Tetris DS any good? I want a game that I can pick up and play a quick game. I love tetris but I heard that they made this one way too easy; like you can see the next 6 pieces.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
Protoman
The Legend
Cool Re: Nintendo DS Discussion; Appreciation; Feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
Is Tetris DS any good? I want a game that I can pick up and play a quick game. I love tetris but I heard that they made this one way too easy; like you can see the next 6 pieces.
Club House Games is the best pick up and play game of them all. It even has card games you played in high school (Asshole, Fuck, just clean named stuff). One of the MUST HAVEs of DS games.

Also Tetris DS is pretty good, it's very 8bit retro with the music and style. If you love old NES games like Mario, Zelda, Baloon Fighter, ect, this game gives you a whole new colorful Tetris experience. But yeah, it's easy, but they do give you different kinds of Tetris games. Not just the straight up version, and you can play online against some crazy people.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote