Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: What will be the first Animated shelf-warmer?
Deluxe Bumblebee 0 0%
Deluxe Cyberton Optimus Prime 2 5.41%
Deluxe Prowl 4 10.81%
Deluxe Lockdown 13 35.14%
Voyager Megatron 3 8.11%
Voyager Bulkhead 9 24.32%
Voyager Starscream 0 0%
Megatron & Optimus 2-Pack 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
What will be the first Animated shelf-warmer?

I asked this about the movie... so why not about Animated? What do you predict will be the first of the Animated bots to clog the shelves? Who will be preventing us from buying the next wave because he/she is sitting there taking up valuable real estate?

Bumblebee or Bulkhead major players in the show and may be popular with the kiddies. Prowl is a motorcycle... and these are always cool. Prime... well he is Prime and the only version available initially. Starscream and Megatron are both mainstream characters and should be popular. That kinda leaves Lockdown as the odd man out in my eyes... not a major player, but a kick-ass looking toy.

If I had to pick... and the whole point of the thread is to make a pick... I would have to go with Bulkhead (only because he is going to chow up in higher numbers initially in the case assortments), or Prime (as some people may skip the Cybertron mode to get the larger version down the road).

What are your thoughts?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag
Re: What will be the first Animated shelf-warmer?

I can see Lockdown and Prowl being the first shelf warmers. Maybe Deluxe Prime and Voyager Megs?
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

If Wave 1 hits by itself then I'd say Lockdown is the peg warmer with Bumblebee being almost rare as long as the figures come two each to a case.(2xPrime,2xBumblebee,2xProwl and 2x Lockdown). the sneaky move would be to have 3xBumblebee and 1xLockdown per case. All the kids are gonna want Bumblebee......

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #4
pud333
Animated

I can't see any version of Prime being a shelf warmer, cause frankly, it's Prime and they're all so similar (not like we're talking about Movie Prime vs Voyager where there was a clear aesthetic difference). Lockdown is my guess. He kind of looks like Gumby on chrystal meth.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:11 AM   #5
Protoman
The Legend

Lockdown along with the Battle 2 Pack (similar to how the Classics 2 pack clogged at a point)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Wodicus
Beasty

I think all of the Autobots will be hard to come by myself. I remember when I was trying to track down classics Bumblebee I asked a woman at Toys R Us if they would ever get any in again since I had noitced them restocking on other classics deluxes and she told me that is was likely, but BB always sold out really fast. so I say the same can be said for animated BB. I think Bulkhead will be in the same boat to, maybe we'll see more of him as he'll be a Voyager if I recall correctly and the higher price might see him sitting around a little longer. As many people said, Prime is Prime and he'll go, and well Prowl is a ninja and a motorscycle, so I think he'll be quick to see sell.

I think like many people Lockdown will be the first Animated shelf-warmer, mostly because I belive the Autobots will outshine him. Though I hink this toy line will sell well with the kids, and likely as well amongst the older collecting fans. I was originally going to forgo the Autobots and just get some choice 'Cons, but now I'm rethinking my position and I belive I'll be getting my hands on BB, Bulkhead and Lockdown from wave 1 at least. Still not sure on Prime and I might get Prowl, though I'm not a huge fan of motorbike alt modes.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #7
hugh_da_man
Armada

I can't imagine anything being a shelf warmer but I'd lean towards seeing more Bulkheads on the shelf than anything else. Mainly due to the fact that everyone knows there is a leader class version coming out so to buy a Voyager class for $30 and rebuy the more accurate leader later might be too much.

Man, that line is going to cost me a fair bit. Anyone just want to order a couple cases off of somewhere and split them up? I'd probably buy one of everything deluxe, voyager, leader.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #8
pandaprime
aficionado!
Thumbs down Re: What will be the first Animated shelf-warmer?

first off where's the poll?

if supplies are low I doubt any will be shelf-warming for too long. That being said my comments are:

1. Voyagers or the 2-pack just because of the price
2. Lockdown due to less exposure because he's not in every episode. You know kids and their short attention spans

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Spec View Post
I can see Lockdown and Prowl being the first shelf warmers.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Lockdown along with the Battle 2 Pack (similar to how the Classics 2 pack clogged at a point)
Those were shit molds though.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #10
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Which ones were these?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote