Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2021, 06:56 PM   #1
Robbler
Machine War
Planet X

Just wanting gauge opinions on these figs.

Are these really poor quality third party figs, or just an unlucky get for me? Two breaks on two figs, one was an easy fix and the other I'll have to superglue back together.

I was kind of looking into getting the Magnus and Grimlock figs, but after this I am real hesitant.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:18 AM   #2
ngnaw
Armada
Re: Planet X

I have Planet X dinobots and they are great figures. Plastics are great quality but sometimes transformation can be complicated resulting in breakages but if you're careful they are great!
Old 05-21-2021, 02:01 AM   #3
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Planet X Grimlock was fantastic, Paddles was ok for the sale price I picked up from BBTS, but the backpack is floppy and there's some tolerance issues. Their Ironhide and Ratchet was again on sale, but some breakage on Ratchet's leg tab and general tolerance issues led me to not even open Ironhide.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #4
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
Planet X Grimlock was fantastic, Paddles was ok for the sale price I picked up from BBTS, but the backpack is floppy and there's some tolerance issues. Their Ironhide and Ratchet was again on sale, but some breakage on Ratchet's leg tab and general tolerance issues led me to not even open Ironhide.
Yeah, I put Ironhide in vehicle mode and then after my Ratchet busted I was reaaaaal nervous about putting him back in robot mode. I went for it anyway, and was able to put him back with non issues. Keeping him in robot mode from now on and I'm plan on doing the same with Ratchet once I fix the leg.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I've been lucky with mine. None have broken. I really like the designs. Prime and Star Saber are my favorite. The original color Prime is really expensive and hard to find now, but the metallic version came out recently so it's a lot easier to buy (even though the metallic version isn't as game accurate). Megatron had some leg issues, but when I purchased it from BBTS, they included upgrade parts for the legs. Overall, they're really good. If you can get them at a fair price, go for it.

I have Magnus and Grimlock (Metallic version). These are pretty sturdy compared to other ones like Ratchet and Ironhide. I'd say buy them. Big Bad Toy Store still has them in stock.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 05-21-2021 at 01:12 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote