Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Change to Hasbro Canada involvement in TFcon 2012

Due to the sale of 3rd party figures at TFcon the Hasbro New Product Preview and Q/A has been pulled from our programming. Hasbro Canada is still scheduled to attend TFcon 2012 and will have a product display and interact with the fans. We at TFcon apologize for any inconvenience and thank Hasbro Canada for all their help over the years. You can find below the official statement from Hasbro’s Corporate Communications team:

“Although it was communicated by TFcon that Hasbro would host a panel at TFcon this year, Hasbro will unfortunately not be able to participate in a panel. However, we continue to look forward to meeting fans on the convention floor on Saturday.”

You have less than a week to register for this summers largest Transformers Collectors Convention. You can reserve the TFcon exclusive Shafter and register for TFcon 2012 via the online registration page.

TFcon 2012 features Canada's largest dealer room for Transformers merchandise, question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests including Transformers Creator Bob Budiansky, Transformers voice actors Scott McNeil and Neil Ross, artists Derrick J. Wyatt, Andrew Griffith, Alex Milne, Matt Moylan and Silas Zee plus Hasbro Canada, Chris Ho (Vangelus) and Ben Dolle (Peaugh) with more to be announced.

TFcon - Canada's 11th Annual Transformers Collectors Convention is July 27th to 29th, 2012 at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. The TFcon 2012 hotel block is still available.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Re: Change to Hasbro Canada involvement in TFcon 2012

I was wondering if this would cause any problems.

All the same, it's good to hear they'll still have a presence of some kind at the show. The guys from Hasbro are always pretty nice.

(Though this begs the question.... how are we gonna find out what exclusives are being picked up in Canada? Will they be at liberty to tell us if we ask them on the show floor?)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Is it rude of me to say that this isn't a big deal. Last year's q&a and product preview was a total bust.

As long as they're out there willing to show new product on the floor then It's all gravy.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

Hasbro is getting butt hurt over 3rd party being sold? boo hoo
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #5
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

I can live without. Most of the preview is stuff that'll come out of SDCC anyways and I'm guessing a majority of the Q&A would get responses along the lines of "I don't know" or "I can't say".
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Really? Is there any point in having them there after last years total fail ? A bunch of old news presented by a guy that didn't even want to be there ( I know he was a replacement but he had a week to prepare) and a pathetic booth with 3 deluxes and a crappy kreon display? (edit , ok some other stuff like ultimate prime ugh... but nothing new or stuff that we havent seen in hand or reviewed a bunch already or wasnt shipping out at that moment ) I'd rather have 3rd party companies have full on booths at TFCON and have Hasbro not even be there at all. If they made the figures we keep asking for there would be no need for 3 rd party companies. I'd rather buy Hasbro stuff if they made it but there you go. This may sound like an Ahole rant but when I saw their booth last year I laughed...then I was a little pissed. We've all seen the booths from sdcc botcon and that is what we get? Felt like a slap in our Canadian faces. If hasbros feelings get hurt cause we found some 3 rd party luvin...Maybe this will give them the push they need to get their act together.

I really, really wish we had it like botcon or SDCC and get the whole "this is whats coming up" show but thats never going to happen I fear. When I saw the 3rd party display case last year I though "Wow look at all the amazing stuff coming out this year, Im going to be spending alot of money" and I never felt that at all looking at the hasbro booth, it was really quite an unsettling thought. I really hoped that it would change this year and still do but I fear its still going to be "lets grab stuff that's already out or shipping very, very soon and put it on the table so its kinda still a preview display" Please prove me wrong Hasbro, I want to believe again.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 07-09-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

After the last few years I'm not upset or bothered by this decission. The third party preview panels have a bigger draw at TFcon over the Hasbro panels.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
The Great Scrotum
Skank-Master

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASskQc1_kj8
Old 07-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

As others are saying, it's not a big loss. Last few years, Hasbro hadn't put a lot of effort into this panel for Canadian fans to really make it a must-see and TFcon has a lot of events/panels that need more time anyhow.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Booo! Though many people on the boards may be like, "Pff! Whatevers! Who needs them? Hablow sux! 3rd party rulez!!1!", this means the other side of the fandom, the casuals, will be missing out. Believe me, this is a bad thing. This heralds the end of TFcon enjoying the best of both worlds. I wouldn't be surprised if next year, there's no Hasbro Canada presence at all. It's a real shame.

Tags
tfcon 2012