Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #11
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Re: Nintendo Wii U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
no more just tossing it into the cabinet with no regard for it, cause now you have the big breakable screen on it now.
Total Agree. Its becoming to much of a gimick or novelity.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Seems like an extra gimmick to me, and not a very useful one, really. Can't they just pop out some kind of hardware upgrade so the system can play all of the great games that pass the Wii by? I've been a Nintendo fan since the original NES first came out, but I'm tired of watered down crap like "Transformers: Cybertron Adventures". Nintendo needs to stop already with the goofy gadgetry and start bringing their hardware to the next level. "Metroid: Other M" showcased that the system can handle it, but only from a company working on a dedicated title for the system. They need to make it so that other video game companies can bring their work more easily onto the Wii, cause I'm tired of only getting decent games from Nintendo and their direct affiliates and then having to pay top dollar for them for years on end before a decent price break comes along.

At this point, I'm looking into picking up a 360 or a PS3, and with the advancments in motion control that they are making, if Nintendo doesn't get their s--t together soon, I may not go back.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
Autovolt 127
Animated

All i want is for Nintendo steps up there game for the next gen.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #14
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Disclaimer: I am drunk. Yet...heed my words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftheday316 View Post
What about playing with friends... imagine how much additional remotes will cost....

-Mike
Apparently additional remotes will not be sold separately...but who the hell knows. The system will "not be cheap" according to Iwata though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
Wake me up when Nintendo decides to take off the training wheels.
What's YOUR problem dude? Explain yourself, fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetz View Post
Every year i'm either a Sony or Nintendo Fan.

Right now.. I am so dissatisfied with everything coming out... I may skip a generation, i've done it before. I can leave replaying my nes, and ps1's till I have kids and they want to play games.

So dissatisfied. Im not a fan boy, so I'll give every system a try. The Nintendo video's so far have given us a little insight that the wii controllers work in some fashion on the wii U.
I agree. I think it would be most useful in a "hardcore" sense to show inventory or maps for games such as Metroid or Zelda. The last few Zelda games have been hampered with inventory and button assignments all over the playing-screen as of late. I think the new controller will fix this. I want to know the specs of the system though...it can apparently run Arkham City so that's a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
I don't know how I feel... the controller seems too large, and kind of useless IMO. When playing a game on my TV, the last thing I really want to do is look at my controller. As well, now we have to worry about where we store the controller, no more just tossing it into the cabinet with no regard for it, cause now you have the big breakable screen on it now.

I will be getting this, as long as the games I want do not require me to use this giant controller.
According to hand-on impressions the controller is both light and comfy. Though when it becomes wireless and incorporates a battery I wonder how much heavier it may become.

In terms of a "useless controller," I suggest you carefully read the impressions of the new system...

...and "tossing the controller into the cabinet," shit dude, I'm sure wondering how you treat your Transformers at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetz View Post
Total Agree. Its becoming to much of a gimick or novelity.
A gimmick? Maybe. Innovative? Perhaps. Useful? Using the Zelda HD example, wholeheartedly, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Seems like an extra gimmick to me, and not a very useful one, really. Can't they just pop out some kind of hardware upgrade so the system can play all of the great games that pass the Wii by? I've been a Nintendo fan since the original NES first came out, but I'm tired of watered down crap like "Transformers: Cybertron Adventures". Nintendo needs to stop already with the goofy gadgetry and start bringing their hardware to the next level. "Metroid: Other M" showcased that the system can handle it, but only from a company working on a dedicated title for the system. They need to make it so that other video game companies can bring their work more easily onto the Wii, cause I'm tired of only getting decent games from Nintendo and their direct affiliates and then having to pay top dollar for them for years on end before a decent price break comes along.

At this point, I'm looking into picking up a 360 or a PS3, and with the advancments in motion control that they are making, if Nintendo doesn't get their s--t together soon, I may not go back.
Well...apparently it can play all the "games that have passed the Wii by."

I think this could be the "next level." Think about scanning the area in a Metroid game by holding the controller screen up to the TV instead of toggling a command....

And by the way, Nintendo has been bringing fantastic games to the Wii...maybe third parties are too lazy to properly incorporate Nintendo's schematics to their own games.

I'm still awaiting specs for the actual console. But at least, so far, the online component sounds like it will be modeled after Xbox Live and PSN. Excellent. Goodbye "friend codes."
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
zerocustom
Machine War

Probably a day one purchase for me, i'm a bit of a nintendo fanboy anyway, seeing a zelda game in HD will be awesome. Also to who ever said the screen may break from my experience Nintendo builds their products like Tonka trucks, and if they do break nintendo has the best customer service around I'm sure they'd replace it no questions asked. But it's still a year away hopefully they show some great games.

zerocustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #16
strag
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to strag Send a message via MSN to strag Send a message via Skype™ to strag

Is it wrong that my main interest is in wanting a bluetooth driver for the controller to make an amazing HTPC remote? >.>
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #17
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

I think the screen in the controller is brilliant. Everything should have a touchscreen. Having your inventory or map open to glace at without changing screens would be fantastic. I have no doubt about it's robustness either.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #18
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
According to hand-on impressions the controller is both light and comfy. Though when it becomes wireless and incorporates a battery I wonder how much heavier it may become.

In terms of a "useless controller," I suggest you carefully read the impressions of the new system...

...and "tossing the controller into the cabinet," shit dude, I'm sure wondering how you treat your Transformers at this point.
Well, to be fair, I really do just prefer non-gimicky gaming. Just pick up a controller and play. The Wii was great at first, but the only games I find myself playing at all are ones where you don't have to move the controller at all.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I'll probably end up getting it just for the 1st party titles as I too am a Nintendo whore! But I sure hope it's not all about moving and flailing the touch pad.

If you think about it, it's going to be a lot like playing on DS, with your TV behaving like the top screen and the controller as the touchscreen. I can see Nintendo offering older DS games in their estore.

Some things I don't like is the touchpad is not multi-touch, the screen resolution is likely lower than 1080p, the prototype screen looks a bit yellow, no word on rumble/force feedback and frankly "Wii U" is a stupid name which may detract the hardcore gamers.

In the end if it has solid good games, then it's a day one purchase for me.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote