Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #11
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: A3U given the boot!

We'll see when the new store opens. Maybe shady, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Maybe Walmart is the competition? They sell toys and are close by. Maybe a TRU Express is opening up at that location? Do TRU Express still exists?
Old 09-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #12
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
We'll see when the new store opens. Maybe shady, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Maybe Walmart is the competition? They sell toys and are close by. Maybe a TRU Express is opening up at that location? Do TRU Express still exists?
I don't think Walmart gives a shit about A3U. Both have been in Lougheed for years. If WM can do that, then the Mall management may as well kick out all other stores because WM sells everything. Clothing, produces, meats, bread, household stuff, personal health products...

TRU Express was seasonal only. Usually just in time for Xmas. It's possible but I don't want to speculate.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:26 AM   #13
steamwhistle
Crossover

It was recently announced that The Bay will be selling toys again... Not sure if that location was one of the many which stopped selling toys. Certainly, as a major retailer in the mall they could have in their lease a clause enabling them to eliminate competition on the premises.

I know of a bar/restaurant in a little strip plaza (local to me) which can not sell pizza or fish & chips because there exists a pizza shop and a fish & chips shop in the plaza. Perhaps surprising, but understandable. So, such clauses in agreements do exist.

Maybe Walmart execs don't care about A3U, and maybe The Bay execs don't understand the nature of the "specialty" of A3U but just figure they might as well use every advantage they can...

But really, it is all speculation...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:37 AM   #14
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
It was recently announced that The Bay will be selling toys again... Not sure if that location was one of the many which stopped selling toys. Certainly, as a major retailer in the mall they could have in their lease a clause enabling them to eliminate competition on the premises.

I know of a bar/restaurant in a little strip plaza (local to me) which can not sell pizza or fish & chips because there exists a pizza shop and a fish & chips shop in the plaza. Perhaps surprising, but understandable. So, such clauses in agreements do exist.

Maybe Walmart execs don't care about A3U, and maybe The Bay execs don't understand the nature of the "specialty" of A3U but just figure they might as well use every advantage they can...

But really, it is all speculation...
That is not the case. Apparently the mall is having "renovation" they have already "relocated" some other stores. I think those are chain stores so the terms of lease could be different from the terms for a single independent store like A3U. Basically it's renoviction.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:51 AM   #15
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post

last one i saw was at brentwood and it was short lived
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #16
joelones
Beast Machine

It's hard to imagine any other store (even the likes of TRU) competing with Masterpiece-like figures, more so, 3rd party figures. It's such a niche market.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #17
TRUCKvsGUN

It really is, joelones. I'd be curious to find out what store winds up taking its place.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #18
elburrito
Animated

Hmm, renovations could mean rent increase. Maybe landlord & tenant couldn't agree on a new deal.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #19
Gaudreau
Generation 1

I was just there this summer and I just think that someone the mall ownership is cozy with decided to open a store selling similar products and that was that.

To be honest, other than A3U, there's nothing worth noting in that mall. It's aging and my wife would rather be at Metrotown. I'm glad they were able to find a new store location even though I order online through them

Anyhow, best of luck to their new location

My Sales Thread
Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #20
Pgianos
Banned

Probably for selling in American dollars in Canada.... What mall would like to advertise their retailers sell in US only.....
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote