Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-07-2021, 03:21 PM   #211
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

This whole thing sounds exactly what was happening with Premium Collectibles a few years ago. Every excuse in the book and/or complete lack of communication on when orders would arrive. They eventually were investigated for fraud and were shut down based on that investigation.
I never received my order nor the refund I requested, multiple times. I tried going through my cc but by the time I tried that route it was long past their dispute window (it was a Visa gift card so not my usual cc company and they basically just ignored me too since the card expired soon after I filed the dispute).
I suggest anyone with open preorders that are passed due to get out now and seek any legal avenues you have to get your money back.
People like this guy appears to be will happily continue taking your money and will do everything in their power to delay things long enough to exhaust all your options to dispute.

Last edited by Ozrein; 03-07-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #212
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
Do you guys think that my CC company would help me or am I SOL in getting my money back from my order place in August?
Call them and ask to speak to the Resolutions Department, tell them in detail what happened with dates. I would also ask to speak to a supervisor at the Resolutions department and as them to investigate it as a fraud. In most cases they refund you immediately if they see the seller has multiple claims on their account. Their investigations take over a month, but if its been over 2 months since when you should have got the item, the supervisor at resolutions usually just refunds immediately in my experience. If the staff member wont do it, certainly speak to the manager. They are mostly there during week, business hours. They will guide you.

Their focus are on items not received or items not as described...with fraud, it escalates the issue...and paying and never getting items are often their easiest cases to resolve. Even waiting for the month, they demand a tracking number for the item and confirmation you received it. The legal contract is between you and the retailer, so distribution problems are his, as you have no power to resolve the issue with anyone but his company. CC wants transactions to be smooth, as fraud damages them as well and supporting a loss of money makes them also liable to some degree. If he doesnt have a good record as well, it affects things.

I never had a horrible experience with him imo, but if people are losing their money, I sympathize immensely...I am surprised he simply never sent people items nor their money. Its not legal as much as someone says it might be, you cant make company policies that break the law or violate legislation.

Last edited by MilanX3; 03-07-2021 at 03:44 PM.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #213
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Guys he attacked me over e-mail for speaking to my CC company!

I made it!
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #214
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Milan helped me out with my issue, he knows what's up.

YOU'RE IN THE CLUB RODIMUSROCKS!! =D

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:02 PM   #215
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

He's a crook, he'll try anything to scam and steal your money. He needs to face charges for his theft.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #216
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Yeah, Milan's great. He reached out to help me too.

Don't mind the long email. I don't understand where he finds the time day to write such long emails. He should use that time to get his preorders and distribution in line.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:00 PM   #217
RodimusRocks
Machine War

This man has sent me another ESSAY about how what I did was wrong. He's very annoying and very rude.

The best part of all of this is that he ends every message saying that he regrets ever opening up a store for having to deal with people like us, yet these issues have persisted over two years and he's still going. So maybe he's a masochist?

Last edited by RodimusRocks; 03-09-2021 at 06:07 PM.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:14 PM   #218
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
This man has sent me another ESSAY about how what I did was wrong. He's very annoying and very rude.

The best part of all of this is that he ends every message saying that he regrets ever opening up a store for having to deal with people like us, yet these issues have persisted over two years and he's still going. So maybe he's a masochist?
No, he's a crook that hope that the people he screws over will give up and give him free money. Don't let him win.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:47 PM   #219
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:

That's the strategy of people like him. Be as belligerent as possible. Regular people usually don't like confrontation like that. He drags it out in the hopes that his aggressiveness makes people back away and cut their losses. He then tries to play the victim, lying or bending the truth if necessary
Old 03-09-2021, 11:11 PM   #220
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

can we read said emails? is that in the rules? lol
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote