Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-04-2021, 01:46 AM   #161
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
The problem IMO started with comic-cons. 10 years ago you would go for great deals and now you only go to a Con if you want to pay an inflated price. The mentality of it all changed drastically as people got greedier for money.
The problem that you mention started with the "geek chic" thing where being a "nerd" or such became the hyped fad and where once you'd be looked at as a weirdo to be an adult that collected toys, now it's mainstream to be as such. With many of such people having a LOT of disposable income and nothing better to do until the next fad comes along, companies and sellers have noticed this hard and now it's all about how much anyone can milk it for.

I miss the comic-cons that were about comics and the flea market approach to the toys.

The same thing pushed me out of comics over 20 years ago when comics went from 1-2$ to 5-10$ within a few years. And then when I saw that the comic-cons went from a 2$ to 15$ entrance ticket for many years and then jump to close to a hundred dollars in the last few years, I signed out from them and will probably never go to another one again, especially when you can't go pass two tables without Harry Potter and such "hyped" stuff.

Prices are so out of whack now and Scalpers are cashing in hard.

The most irritating thing is when I see someone trying to sell figures that are old, in bad shape, missing parts, etc. or a fact that they were liquidation items for a year or two ago, and they still feel justified to ask and even argue about very over the top high prices.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:14 AM   #162
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I try to stay out of this thread because I said my piece long ago. But this popped up on Facebook.

If you need another reason to avoid this stinko
Holy crap, those are some amazing customer service skills
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #163
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
I try to stay out of this thread because I said my piece long ago. But this popped up on Facebook.

I don't do Facebook or anything social media beyond YouTube... but Jeebus Cloist, NMC.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:42 PM   #164
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:

Wow...just wow.

We see something new everyday.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #165
Moogleknight
Generation 1

Just to add my 2 cents to this, I preordered something from this store years ago and he claimed waiting for distribution nonsense for months, to the point I just gave up and decided my list $30 was a lesson never to shop from them again.

Reading all this, I suspect this is how he stays solvent. Money for nothing in small increments
Moogleknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #166
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogleknight View Post
Just to add my 2 cents to this, I preordered something from this store years ago and he claimed waiting for distribution nonsense for months, to the point I just gave up and decided my list $30 was a lesson never to shop from them again.

Reading all this, I suspect this is how he stays solvent. Money for nothing in small increments
I would say, why does he bother when he has so much trouble getting shit in etc. probably cos... what you say.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:18 PM   #167
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Anyone ever try submitting their missing funds for collection? You cant write a policy as a company in Ontario that permits violating legislation, so if you have a claim in law, collections will often take the case and have legal staff to file after they have most of your money returned.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #168
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogleknight View Post

Did you ever get your order?
Does he just hope people will just forget that they ordered something from him and never have to send it out?
If so, there was a store in Australia that tried this and eventually got shut down and faced charges for all of their shenanigans. Perhaps this guy may be looking forward to a similar future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Anyone ever try submitting their missing funds for collection? You cant write a policy as a company in Ontario that permits violating legislation, so if you have a claim in law, collections will often take the case and have legal staff to file after they have most of your money returned.
Anyone that still has outstanding orders, maybe over 6 months (I think is the time limit??), should be looking into this.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #169
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

In most North American jurisdictions, and most places worldwide, simply ignoring fulfilling a contract of purchase for items is fraudulent. Criminal law applies at least 2 years after a violation, probably 2 yrs since the contract was issued, and likely after that as the date the items were to be in your possession may become the date where the act was committed itself.

Collection agencies run off the law in their jurisdiction, and I believe they actually become party to the contract via legal instruments allowing them to act on behalf of the buyer. They prosecute when they need to in court.

You also cannot make policies that are inherently illegal, as is written in all legislation, and even most Constitutions. Financing companies do not wish to continue relationships with sellers who commit to those kinds of policies as they do not want to become part of the act violating legislation in a community. It makes them legally liable as well, and its why companies like Visa International have a very strict and buyer centric resolutions department as losing money hurts them as much as the buyers.

If a company has multiple violations and a big file on Better Business Bureau, they likely have a record with their financing companies. If they were deemed to have violated their contract or law under legislation with buyers, they often get censured and eventually removed.

No one should take your money, and there are mechanisms to prevent this.

I personally never lost anything with Northmen, but if anyone has with them or any other seller, you have your rights in tact past 6 months.

How many of you here have lost your money and never received the items either? Are your items still on PreOrder after 8 months?

Last edited by MilanX3; 03-04-2021 at 04:15 PM.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #170
Pascal
Banned

Yikes.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote