Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-13-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
GrimlockGT
His car is a Transformer
TRU.ca shipping issue

When TRU.ca had their sale on Siege figures, I ordered Voyager Prime and Leader Shockwave. I just got my package delivered today and it contained Shockwave and MPM-10 Starscream. I have no interest in keeping this figure. I honestly wish it had Optimus Prime. I was going to give it to my nephew for Xmas.

Anyone else receive the wrong item in an order that cost a lot more than what you ordered?
What would / did you do?
GrimlockGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #2
Ransak The Elder
Beasty
Re: TRU.ca shipping issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockGT View Post
When TRU.ca had their sale on Siege figures, I ordered Voyager Prime and Leader Shockwave. I just got my package delivered today and it contained Shockwave and MPM-10 Starscream. I have no interest in keeping this figure. I honestly wish it had Optimus Prime. I was going to give it to my nephew for Xmas.

Anyone else receive the wrong item in an order that cost a lot more than what you ordered?
What would / did you do?

Some stores are using SKN/SKU numbers for classes instead of individual characters which I think is leading to some of these issues. One site that escapes me atm says you get a random figure when you buy a Voyager or Deluxe Transformer but that doesnt make any sense.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
Marcotron
Robot Master

That's a heck of a goof for them. Mixing up a $250 toy with a $30 toy is a big difference. If you really don't want it, then open it, transform it once, sell it for half price, then buy the optimus toy somewhere else, and you're still ahead.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #4
delrue
Crossover

delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #5
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

During the oil downturn here in Alberta I had to work as a Staples delivery driver for a bit... at one point they mixed up the SKU with an 80 dollar tablet with the most expensive Ipad's. I think 300-400 went out before it was noticed and not one was returned. They even had people ordering more 80 dollar tablets then refusing the order when they saw it wasnt the 1000 dollar ipad.

I also once delivered 2 desktop computers to a guy who only ordered toilet paper... and the tags on computers said toilet paper. This guy took the computers and i didnt say anything but he felt guilty and returned them a few days later.

It happens all the time :P
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #6
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
During the oil downturn here in Alberta I had to work as a Staples delivery driver for a bit... at one point they mixed up the SKU with an 80 dollar tablet with the most expensive Ipad's. I think 300-400 went out before it was noticed and not one was returned. They even had people ordering more 80 dollar tablets then refusing the order when they saw it wasnt the 1000 dollar ipad.

I also once delivered 2 desktop computers to a guy who only ordered toilet paper... and the tags on computers said toilet paper. This guy took the computers and i didnt say anything but he felt guilty and returned them a few days later.

It happens all the time :P
Hey, I'd love that MPM Starscream! It's on my list but way too much. I'll happily buy it from you and pay for shipping!
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #7
jtkv
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
One site that escapes me atm says you get a random figure when you buy a Voyager or Deluxe Transformer but that doesnt make any sense.
That'd be EB Games...
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:40 AM   #8
delrue
Crossover

Canadian Tire also has them listed that way for Siege figures.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote